Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooo much to do today... And I'm still laying in bed in disbelief that this time tomorrow I'll be at the hospital getting prepped. This is by far the craziest, most expensive, selfish thing I've ever done. I am beside myself with excitement at the thought of my new life! I've told myself a million different things to justify it, but the truth is I'm fat, depressed, unhealthy and I've worked my fingers to the bone to provide for my son, made sure he had all he needed & wanted, put my everything in my job and ya know what?? It's my turn. Yes, it's about getting healthy, but who am I kidding??? I wanna be a hot mami!!! I'm 40yrs old and I wanna turn heads again - and not the other way! I want people to see me with my boyfriend and think "wow... What a lucky, one eyed guy". I wanna wear pants without feeling like I need CPR! I wanna not hear that internal "beep beep beep" when I need to step back out of someone's way. I wanna never be the heaviest person in the room again. In fact, I wanna not even think about that anymore. I wanna live longer than my daddy did, grandparents did and even aunts & uncles. I wanna not lay on the couch all weekend because I'm too tired to move. I wanna not get pissed when I miss a weekend nap. I want, I want, I want!!! Okay, that's my rant... I trust the Lord and know He'll work all this out for my good. He has a plan & a hope for my future! Jeremiah 29:11- read it!

Much love & prayers to those being sleeved today and the rest of the week!

Shelley

Yay for you, Shelley!!! This is the best thing you can do for yourself and it's not selfish! All the things you want are what others have as part of their everyday life, you deserve this!! Today will fly by and tomorrow will be here before you know it! Have a great day!!! Keep us posted!!!

Congrats on the surgery tomorrow Shelley!!! I know all of your want's will come true and many more!

Best of luck to you :) Please keep us posted on all the great progress!! :)

You look like a "hot mama" now, but if you want to be hotter, then go for it!! You mention so many reasons the rest of us are thinking for having the surgery, but are just too cowardly to say it outloud.

Here's my strange analogy.... I look at myself as a tree. It wont hurt me at all to "lose a few leaves" or for my "trunk" to get smaller because I have strong "roots" and a good heart and that's what matters the most. I'm tired of being "naked" and living through a never-ending "winter". I plan to leaf out and have a beautiful spring till my seasons are over. Hokey maybe, but I had a dream about it and it has inspired me to have the courage to make the changes I need to make.

My prayers are with you through your surgery and recovery and if you ever need someone to talk to, drop me a line!

good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

You look like a "hot mama" now' date=' but if you want to be hotter, then go for it!! You mention so many reasons the rest of us are thinking for having the surgery, but are just too cowardly to say it outloud.

Here's my strange analogy.... I look at myself as a tree. It wont hurt me at all to "lose a few leaves" or for my "trunk" to get smaller because I have strong "roots" and a good heart and that's what matters the most. I'm tired of being "naked" and living through a never-ending "winter". I plan to leaf out and have a beautiful spring till my seasons are over. Hokey maybe, but I had a dream about it and it has inspired me to have the courage to make the changes I need to make.

My prayers are with you through your surgery and recovery and if you ever need someone to talk to, drop me a line![/quote']

Love this!!!! I have a bible study I wrote a few years ago on roots and branches that would "fit" this perfectly!

You will do great. Keep us posted with all the progress.

You aren't being selfish...because we need to take care of ourselves if we are to be the best moms, sisters, wives, bosses, etc. I think of my body as a car for my brain. Most of us wouldn't hesitate to spend 20,000 on a good car. Your body is a car you don't get out of, so you better invest some resources to make sure it is a good one.

Funny you said that! I was thinking this morning what a great investment I'm making!

I feel exactly the same way. I thought about backing out because of some of the comments my husband made and the fact that I was worried about how this was going to affect him or our relationship, but then I said that this is for me and about me an my health and happiness. I am tired of being locked up in the house because I am too ashamed to be seen. I go to work and then on the couch. I am only now starting to get excited about living my life. Don't get me wrong I love my husband, but this is for me and it is time that I do something for me. He is now comfortable with the surgery now. He actually has no choice because the choice is mine.

Good luck tomorrow Shelley

Your Hometown Sleeve Buddy

Dina

Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great. Keep us posted.

Wow... I'm completely exhausted! I just finished dinner (a bottle of mag citrate), I've had a pedi, got my son packed for his trip and I'm about to wind down and relax - until the mag kicks in. :/

Shelley,

I've been reflecting all day about what this day for me was like one year ago. This was my surgery eve also. What a nervous wreck I was. I was not excited at all. I just felt like I was marching into my death bed. Anyway, I had a great surgery experience. No complications. It was not an easy road for about a month, but one I don't regret one bit. I am so happy one year later. I'm about 4 lbs from goal and feel so much better. My husband was not for this surgery but supportive anyway. He now admits it's the best choice I could have made for me and my family. He is attracted to me again. I wish you the very best and hope that one year from now that you are as happy as I am! Please keep me updated!

Take care,

Holly

Sooo much to do today... And I'm still laying in bed in disbelief that this time tomorrow I'll be at the hospital getting prepped. This is by far the craziest, most expensive, selfish thing I've ever done. I am beside myself with excitement at the thought of my new life! I've told myself a million different things to justify it, but the truth is I'm fat, depressed, unhealthy and I've worked my fingers to the bone to provide for my son, made sure he had all he needed & wanted, put my everything in my job and ya know what?? It's my turn. Yes, it's about getting healthy, but who am I kidding??? I wanna be a hot mami!!! I'm 40yrs old and I wanna turn heads again - and not the other way! I want people to see me with my boyfriend and think "wow... What a lucky, one eyed guy". I wanna wear pants without feeling like I need CPR! I wanna not hear that internal "beep beep beep" when I need to step back out of someone's way. I wanna never be the heaviest person in the room again. In fact, I wanna not even think about that anymore. I wanna live longer than my daddy did, grandparents did and even aunts & uncles. I wanna not lay on the couch all weekend because I'm too tired to move. I wanna not get pissed when I miss a weekend nap. I want, I want, I want!!! Okay, that's my rant... I trust the Lord and know He'll work all this out for my good. He has a plan & a hope for my future! Jeremiah 29:11- read it!

Much love & prayers to those being sleeved today and the rest of the week!

Shelley

Ditto, Shelley.. you go girl! :)