Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck has Delarla gone?

I haven't been on much this summer, and have only in the past few days been catching up. I realized something' s been missing, and it's Delarla! Where the heck has she gone? I loved reading her posts whether they were her musings or wls support. Anyone know why she's missing? I hope it's just a busy summer keeping her away. She's the only person on here who made me snort coffee. ;)

I dont know where she went either but I am with you, I MISS HER. I hope she comes back. Its just not the same without her. Come back Delarla.

I think a bunch of drama a couple months back caused her to lose interest. Not sure of that though. I loved reading her posts too!

Yup, there was a realy nasty period of time not too long ago and I think she needed a break from all the BS.

She wasn't the only one who needed a break from it.

I've enjoyed the peace and quiet personally. It's been nice not having threads where people (myself included) were being verbally assaulted.

I hope she returns. I am not sure what is up with the mud slinging this board gets. It seems to be specific people who tend to sling the fastest and the hardest time and time again. I personally dont like to get involved in that and when I see the mud flying just get out and have absolutely nothing to do with those threads. I, for the life of me, cannot understand why people would want to argue on the message boards, apparently their life has absolutely no drama naturally so they need to create it. Its a shame really and a major waste of time in my opinion. I also have noticed the slinging still going on, matter of fact, just got done reading some pretty wordy posts that did not sound so happy and shiny to me. So I hope she takes a break, goes on a convention or two and comes back to the board, I enjoy her posts.

I've enjoyed the peace and quiet personally.

Well, somehow it doesn't surprise me to read that PNut.

I will agree that her posts could get out of hand sometimes but part of DeLarla's charm is that she often says what others are thinking and wouldn't dare say aloud.

She was always upfront about her difficult, crazy up-bringing and had some really tragic experiences with her band. DeLarla herself would often in a better frame of mind realize she got a bit too emotional & delete postings. There were times it was obvious some of her manic rants were flat-out pain. I'm sorry some people here couldn't see that. Pnut, you and your cohorts went after her in a big way. There was one noteable thread where I swear it was like watching a pack of hyenas tearing into its prey.

That's about the time I quit hanging out here much.

And I'm sure you don't miss me either.

And I'm almost positive later I will think I should've kept my mouth shut, but I just can't let that sentiment stand.

I, for the life of me, cannot understand why people would want to argue on the message boards, apparently their life has absolutely no drama naturally so they need to create it.
part of DeLarla's charm is that she often says what others are thinking and wouldn't dare say aloud.

Truer words have never been spoken. DeLarla adds more to this site than some people can only hope for. DeLarla, DeLarla, where are you? This is 3Loaves calling. WE WANT YOU BACK!! Come back DeLarla!! BTW, it's nice to see you back Kare....even in this small way. Maybe you should update us on the garden thread. Would love to see some new pics.

Well, somehow it doesn't surprise me to read that PNut.

I will agree that her posts could get out of hand sometimes but part of DeLarla's charm is that she often says what others are thinking and wouldn't dare say aloud.

She was always upfront about her difficult, crazy up-bringing and had some really tragic experiences with her band. DeLarla herself would often in a better frame of mind realize she got a bit too emotional & delete postings. There were times it was obvious some of her manic rants were flat-out pain. I'm sorry some people here couldn't see that. Pnut, you and your cohorts went after her in a big way. There was one noteable thread where I swear it was like watching a pack of hyenas tearing into its prey.

That's about the time I quit hanging out here much.

And I'm sure you don't miss me either.

And I'm almost positive later I will think I should've kept my mouth shut, but I just can't let that sentiment stand.

Wait, it's OK for Delarla to be abusive to others because she's suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder? What about the trauma she causes while she's exorcising her daemons? Is it alright for her to behave badly because sometimes she's funny, entertaining, or insightful? I don't think so.

I enjoy reading Delarla's posts, she has a unique perspective and expressess herself with flair; however, she's careless of others' feelings while demanding to be treated with absolute respect. Unfortunately there are fewer things that deserve respect, IMO, than someone who must be handled with kid gloves. If you're going to dish it out, you've got to be able to take it.

The primary goal of LBT is to provide a place for people in a similar situation to meet, gather information, and support each other. How can you trust in the support of a person if you must always wonder if THIS will be the time they explode like a timebomb? Even if Delarla comes back to LBT as Lisa, her more rational persona, I have to say I would still be wary of her for that reason.

DeLarla....only she can cause trouble by not even being here. Wait, maybe she's not the one causing trouble. :cool: I've seen some pretty heated words exchanged since DeLarla's been gone. I also see a common denominator. Anyone else notice?

Just her name makes some people cringe b/c they can't stand the idea of not being the center of attention. I miss DeLarla. Come back and share some love will ya? Or at least post some pics from your Dallas convention.

I have been in contact with Lisa and I don't think she will ever come back. I for one will miss her around here, I emailed her and told her so. I plan to keep in touch with her outside of here, she is a sweet and thoughtful person and with or without a band she is a band sister. I am not here as much as before the last big blowup, nasty things were said and people were attacked in every direction. I post 99% positive supportive things and even I was getting nasty PM's. There are a few people that felt that they could come in and take over LBT, that in my opinion was wrong and people that I care about were hurt and ended up leaving. I considered leaving in April but because of Paula and several others kind PM's and emails I have stayed. I am not here nearly as much as before and I don't think I ever will be a "regular" here again. I guess I was tired of people that were not banded telling me that what I was doing was wrong or telling people that I had given bad advice. I look at it like this, I lost 75 pounds in 1 year, I know that is "only average" but I am tickled pink about it. I know that others have lost much more much faster, but this isn't a race. I am only 20 pounds from goal and I have my life back, that's what it's all about to me. Not the games that the people here play. I come here to help newbies and to stay in touch with my friends. I miss the LBT that I joined last year. I don't think it will ever be the same and I really think that is why Lisa left, she too saw the changes as being permanent. I'm not saying that I know for sure why she left, and I'm not claiming to speak for her, but I know that she is missed by at least me and several others. ~Mandy

cannot understand why people would want to argue on the message boards, apparently their life has absolutely no drama naturally so they need to create it.
She's my drama queen!

Mandy, She is such a joy in person, what a charmer! I can't help but LOVE her so much and I miss her as well.

It's just not the same without her

I miss her too..:cool:

I have emailed her and Pmed her but never get a reply, I will just have to call

her

She is such a joy in person, what a charmer! I can't help but LOVE her so much and I miss her as well.

I second that!!!