Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im a June Sleever, 5'2, and 121 pounds. I have lost 108 pounds and went from a size 18 to a 2. To stay up to date with June 2012 sleevers, there is a private group on Facebook called "Positive sleevers AKA June Sleevers".

Im a June Sleever' date=' 5'2, and 121 pounds. I have lost 108 pounds and went from a size 18 to a 2. To stay up to date with June 2012 sleevers, there is a private group on Facebook called "Positive sleevers AKA June Sleevers".[/quote']

How do you join it?

Im a June Sleever' date=' 5'2, and 121 pounds. I have lost 108 pounds and went from a size 18 to a 2. To stay up to date with June 2012 sleevers, there is a private group on Facebook called "Positive sleevers AKA June Sleevers".[/quote']

I love reading how great everyone has done on this diet. I had my surgery done in June, and I have only lost 37 lbs. I'm disappointed in myself, and also I have lost a lot of hair. After months of being on Biotin it is finally starting to work, but the texture of my hair is horrible. I need a jump start again, and inspiration. Any help, ideas, advice, a little push would help, and maybe how you all did it!! I just got to where the Protein drinks, and protein made me almost gag. I don't want to give up on this, and I do want to succeed so by the summer I can feel good about myself. I hate carbs...why is there such a thing that makes us all crave it??? The enemy needs to be put back to sleep, so my winning side can arise again!!!

@guitar819 I don't think you're going to hear anything out here you don't already know. At the end of the day, this is all a matter of priorties. I'm sure the Protein and Protein Drinks don't taste as good as the things you've allowed yourself to eat and drink. So in order to be able to do what you have to do for success, you'll need to weed those things out again. Your priority is to lose this weight and "feel good about yourself" It will also go a long way to improving the texture of your hair again.

So let's get this going again.

1. Get back on that healthy eating program. Reward yourself with success, not food. Reward yourself with clothes. I'm shopping quality stuff at Goodwill until I reach goal.
  2. Exercise!!! Pick what you like, and do LOTS of it. Walk, run, dance, kick, stretch, bike, swim. We don't all like the same things but we all like SOMETHING. So get moving everyday!!!!!
  3. Remind yourself every moment why you did this, why you wanted this and go after that with gusto!

I wish you the best and look forward to hearing how you got back on track.!

G.

@guitar819 I don't think you're going to hear anything out here you don't already know. At the end of the day' date=' this is all a matter of priorties. I'm sure the Protein and Protein Drinks don't taste as good as the things you've allowed yourself to eat and drink. So in order to be able to do what you have to do for success, you'll need to weed those things out again. Your priority is to lose this weight and "feel good about yourself" It will also go a long way to improving the texture of your hair again.

So let's get this going again.

[*']Get back on that healthy eating program. Reward yourself with success, not food. Reward yourself with clothes. I'm shopping quality stuff at Goodwill until I reach goal.

[*]Exercise!!! Pick what you like, and do LOTS of it. Walk, run, dance, kick, stretch, bike, swim. We don't all like the same things but we all like SOMETHING. So get moving everyday!!!!!

[*]Remind yourself every moment why you did this, why you wanted this and go after that with gusto!

I wish you the best and look forward to hearing how you got back on track.!

G.

Thank you so much for speaking the truth. I needed that. Now that old man winter is on his way out, I'll be looking forward to riding bike and walking. I will keep in touch, and keep you posted. Thank you also for taking the time to reply to this. I can and will do this! Any recipes would be great! Thanks again.

Hope everyone is doing good! Our anniversary dates are just around the corner....June 29 for me! Down 103 lbs and doing great! Ran my first 5k 2 weeks ago and doing another this saturday! I love my sleeve and the new life it's given me!

I'm now over 10 months out surgery date was 6/11/12. I weighed 223 day of surgery and today I weigh 130. I lost 47 pounds per op from 2/1/12 to 6/11/12. Total lost since 2/1/12 is 140 pounds!

I love my sleeve! I'm at my own personal goal weight for my 5'4" height and now working on maintaining

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

Almost one year now...have lost 86 lbs. I have gone from a size 22 to a 10. Best of all, no more cholesterol, blood pressure or diabetes meds. This has by far been the best decision I have ever made.

I had surgery on June 20, 2012 and I have lost 91 pounds. I have gone from a size 16 to a 2. I am 5', and went from 215 to 124. I still would like to lose 9 more pounds, but I do not know if it will be possible. I am pretty small...

Its been 11 months now surgery date was 6/11/13. I am at 128 pounds. Surgery date I weighed 223. I lost 47 pounds pre op from Feb to 6/11/12. Now in maintenance and want to lower my body fat %. I had a DXA scan done about 3 weeks ago and my body fat is 24% which is in the "fitness level" and very good. I work out 3 times a week at the gym now mainly on strength training w some cardio and also do stuff at home M-F. Love my sleeve! Wearing size 4-6 jeans and small tops!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

June 2013 makes one year out. Down 140 lbs. ive been in a stall for over a month now. Even though zive lost so much I feel I will never get to my goal. I originally set my gosl at 175. Eould love to be less but realistic. Im 5'8 and wear a 12/14. I did wear s 24/26. I think after skin removal I might be a size 10. That was my goal size when I started. Some days Im just as self concious at this size because of saggy skin as I was at 340 lbs. Anyone else feel this way?

June 2013 makes one year out. Down 140 lbs. ive been in a stall for over a month now. Even though zive lost so much I feel I will never get to my goal. I originally set my gosl at 175. Eould love to be less but realistic. Im 5'8 and wear a 12/14. I did wear s 24/26. I think after skin removal I might be a size 10. That was my goal size when I started. Some days Im just as self concious at this size because of saggy skin as I was at 340 lbs. Anyone else feel this way?

I think it is hard to adjust my mind around this new weight. Truthfully, I don't feel THAT much different (maybe it's because I just thought I was an awesome person even though I was 100 pounds overweight... Ha ha). I have 7 pounds to goal and those 7 feel like the whole previous 93 to me...

I know just what you are talking about, I started out wearing a 28 pants, that were so tight I could hardly breathe and a 4x top, now 11 months later, 120 lbs lost and I'm wearing 12-14 pants and a large top! I'm so excited but I'm still 37 lbs from goal, even if I never lose another lb, I am 100% happier than I was 11 months ago!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

I had surgery June 20, 2012. I was 215 pounds. I am 5 foot tall. I was wearing whatever would fit... Which was NOTHING! I now weigh 122 and wear a size 2 or 0. My goal is to be 115. I hope I can get there.

I am scheduled with Dr. Km in Colleyville for June 18th. I am so inspired by the 2012 June sleevers. Thank you for sharing your stories and congratulations to all of you for making your dreams come true! Looking forward to sharing my story in 2014!