Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 12th ????????????

June 25th for me!!!!

Had to say goodbye to my primary care physician today after 3 years. I get health care at a clinic and doctors rotate out every 2 or 3 years. She is the best doctor I've ever had, say goodbye was very difficult. She has helped me so much and has been part of my journey until now. The good news is that she told me what clinic she is going to work at. I can't wait to send her a picture of me 6 months post-op, that would make us both happy! One of the last things I asked of her is to suggest weight loss surgery to her obese patients, they can decide what to do with that. I share about my surgery in most cases except when I know the person will be a jerk.. If I hear "why don't use lose the weight on your own?" one more I will pull my hair out. Sometimes I do tell them that there is only a 10% chance of me losing 200 lbs and keeping it off. It sound very intelligent when you state a statistic! I'm down 4 more pounds and see the bariatric surgeon and nurse on the 13th. I could be wrong but I think it will be my last appointment until my surgery on the 25th. Getting all my stuff together for the hospital already.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Thanks for being here for me:)

How the heck do I edit my ticker to show I've lost more weight?

How the heck do I edit my ticker to show I've lost more weight?

I was wondering the same thing...Smh.

Little Bits

I am scheduled for June 29' date=' 2012. Time is dragggggggiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg! Just want it to be here already![/quote']

Me too. June 29th. I'm not in as much of a rush as you, though. I'm nervous.

I'm glad to make June 29th friends to have someone to go through the procedure with and go through things at the same time.

There is a conversation topic called June 29th Sleevers so we can find each other and go through it together.

Me too. June 29th. I'm not in as much of a rush as you, though. I'm nervous.

I'm glad to make June 29th friends to have someone to go through the procedure with and go through things at the same time.

There is a conversation topic called June 29th Sleevers so we can find each other and go through it together.

YAY!! fellow June 29th sleevers!! I was thinking there wasn't too many of us out there!

My surgery is June 27th and I can't wait! :D

I am June 15th and scared to death for some reason. I have been wanting this for so long and now it has come and I am scared. Silly I know.

Not silly at all. I'm scared too. Not of the surgery per Se. But of the unknown after time. What will my stomach be able to handle?

I have such a healthy digestive system, I should be grateful. Instead, I'm going to take a perfectly healthy, functioning organ, and cut it apart. What will I have then? Sure I'm scared!

If I wasn't morbidly obese, I would never do this! But I know my future without it: crippling joint pain in my back and legs, heart disease, possibly cancer.

So I'm gritting my teeth through the fear and doing it anyway.

Actually, the way I'm handling it is just to think of today and what I need to do now. By taking each day as it comes and not thinking ahead, that's how I'm coping with it.

Ok i got thru with the help of every one at Dr Rodriguez star medical clinic ..yeah. my new sleeve is named suga foot...but i did just brun my mouth on this star bucks tea ..wishing every one a super speedy recovery mine was great..all i can say is walk walk walk and when don't wanna walk walk some more ...and gas x strips

I was wondering the same thing...Smh.

Little Bits

I just made my ticker and so I think the way to change it is to go to the upper right hand side and click on the down arrow. Then click on My Ticker. There is an edit button.

I noticed you had a surgery date ticker...I wonder if it will automatically change each day. I understand why the others wouldn't change becuase that varies person to person. Good luck. If I find out another way I'll let you know.

Any one in June from the ny area? I am on LI...

Yes, HI! My surgery is on 6/29. I'm fom Northeast Queens, not far from the Nassau border.

There's a Queens and Long Island group under groups. We should try to support each other!

Yes' date=' HI! My surgery is on 6/29. I'm fom Northeast Queens, not far from the Nassau border.

There's a Queens and Long Island group under groups. We should try to support each other![/quote']

Good luck! I had my surgery on June 8, andi am feeling well. The first few days I was very sore, but I had a large herna surgery as well and from what I hear that hurts more than the sleeve. So you are on your pre-op diet now?