Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm two and a half months out and I would like to taste a sprite...... Anybody have?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Nope because its soda n even if drunken flat it stretches ur sleeve?? That's wat I've been reading.. so I rather stick to crystal light

I don't want to open those floodgates. When it comes to soda, I am like an alcoholic. I can't even have one.

There was a post from a lady on here 6months out who started drinking soda and she noticed she was able to eat more come to find out she stretched the sleeve so yes soda is a no no

Thanks ladies I don't know why I'm craving a sprite I wasn't a soda drinker but for some reason I want one.......

I did try drinking soda once since surgery. I burped it right back up. it was a definate no go for me. I have never been a soda addict, just needed something to drink and that was the only thing available. learned my lesson, dont want it again. :)

Well i do drink soda ( mainly diet). I cant drink it with food because when I burp the food comes with it.. Ill sip one .. usually cant finish it like I used too.. Still have lots a restriction.. and losing well. I dont get addicited to things though so if its a gateway "drug" then I would not suggest it..

I'm a soda addict and I crave it like once a week. So what I will do is go buy one and take a sip...and guess what? I don't want a second sip! After not drinking it for a month and then trying it again it burns my tongue so bad! But even knowing this now I still crave it! So I just have to get a soda and remind myself every now and again that I don't like it anymore.

I don't want to open those floodgates. When it comes to soda' date=' I am like an alcoholic. I can't even have one.[/quote']

Yep, I'm the same way. I have one Pepsi and the floodgates open. It also makes me crave red meat which I otherwise rarely eat. So strange. Our heads play so many games with us!

I had sparkling Water and it hurt my stomach. I wonder if you had some ice cold lemon-lime splenda kool-aide, if it would help? I think I might make me some now come to think of it. :)

I'm two and a half months out and I would like to taste a sprite...... Anybody have?

There's a freezer pop brand called "Soda Pops." They make a 7-Up freezer pop. I have no idea how Sprite and 7-Up compare (not sure I'e ever had 7-Up, and have probably only had Sprite 2 or 3 times in my life) but they look similar. They're about 35 calories each IIRC. Not sugar free, but I'd take a little sugar over a diet soda any day of the week.

Our Walgreens sells them for about $1.90 a box, but you can also get them on Amazon.< /p>

9web0706.jpg

Yep' date=' I'm the same way. I have one Pepsi and the floodgates open. It also makes me crave red meat which I otherwise rarely eat. So strange. Our heads play so many games with us![/quote']

Yes our heads do especially mine

There's a freezer pop brand called "Soda Pops." They make a 7-Up freezer pop. I have no idea how Sprite and 7-Up compare (not sure I'e ever had 7-Up' date=' and have probably only had Sprite 2 or 3 times in my life) but they look similar. They're about 35 calories each IIRC. Not sugar free, but I'd take a little sugar over a diet soda any day of the week.

Our Walgreens sells them for about 1.90 a box, but you can also get them on Amazon.< /p>

[/quote']

This seems good I will check it out thanks

I am 2 months out and I have a sip every once in a while. I would NEVER open a can or buy a bottle for myself - I would figure out a way to drink the whole thing! I will steal a sip from my partner and she scolds me but it is good. Most of the time it is a reminder that it doesnt taste nearly as good as it used to! I have read that it stretches your sleeve and I have also read that there is no medical research that supports the theory. I think in this new life I have to remember something - everything in moderation. We all have to live right?!!!!!!!