Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Foods Did You Like Before But Now You Dont?

I am 10 weeks out and doing well and I have found that some foods I LOVED eating before now literally make me nautious. Im not talking about many foods just a few. Has anyone else had the same experience? Does it change as time goes on?

yup, I don't enjoy pastry goodies, ice cream, chocolate, chips, basic Desserts, some fruits, definately not beef (like roast beef, brisket, etc) I still like ground beef and sausages. There are quite a few. . .used to LOVE these things, now couldn't care less if they are there or not. . . weird. . .

I adored fresh, hot bread before surgery and I probably haven't eaten 3 pieces of bread since surgery. The last piece of bread I had contributed to my one time getting sick. I also loved Pasta, but can't/won't eat it now, except for toasted ravioli. A few of them at a time makes a meal; I just try to make sure the filling is Protein.

I didn't like green Beans before surgery and now I'll eat them. I still don't find them yummy, but they are tolerable for me. :)

For sure! I don't like anything any more. Nothing is enjoyable. I just eat a little because I have to. I hope that I get to where I can enjoy something one of these days again.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Unfortunately, I still like to eat everything and everything still tastes delicious. I wish I would have lost my sweet tooth but it's still there. I try not to eat sweets or junk at all. Hopefully, I can incorporate them back into my diet on rare special occasions.

I was just thinking of this very topic..

For me its bread..once upon a time I loved bread, waffles, but it does but love me, or the sleeve.

I am accepting this ....and feeling nauseous confirms whats in and what's out on the menu LOL

I just tried out a piece of toast with thin sliced turkey and its not going down well. Kashi lean Cereal, 1% milk, crackers are good to go,.some cheeses but favorites are Fage yogurt smoothies with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein, and SF icees are the new go to treat.

I am 6 weeks out and doing well.

Eating to live as they say...

Living in Louisiana, I loved all things spicey,now after the sleeve surgery I cant tolerate nearly the spice that I use to. Doesnt taste the same and the sleeve isnt happy,indegestion,heartburn ect....

Shrimp, which I am really bummed about. It just doesn't taste right now. I have tried it many different ways and none tasted good to me.

Spaghetti ..pasta..tomato sauce..causes a wicked case of reflux...anything with garlic..which is very sad because I was a garliholic. All my favorite fast foods...even Chik-Fil-A! I rather chow on some tuna and some fruit. I haven't touched bread in 2 months!

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

And chilies ..you name them..I loved them..my favorite was chipotles...now..can't touch them...the smell is off putting...

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

There is nothing that my sleeve won't conquer.