Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3.5 Mos Out & Need Advice!

Sleeved 1/28/12. I've lost a total of 62# but in the last month its only been 5 or 6 lbs. I admittedly don't work out so I know that needs improvement stat!! Because I need back surgery I find even short walks to be painful & I've stopped taking all my pain meds for my back because they make me soooo sick since being sleeved. I'm going to start yoga tomorrow to see if that feels ok. Otherwise will have to join a gym, which is an expense I don't want to add to our budget right now if I can avoid it.

I track every single thing I eat & average around 800 cals/day. I'm not a carb nazi because I don't want to feel like a dieter anymore, after a lifetime of yo-to dieting, but I eat Protein first & eat no bread, rice, sugar, etc. I drink the occasional carb free beer, like michelob ultra, but no other straying away from my Water, unsweetened tea or daily coffee. I don't eat a lot of chips, though occasionally have a couple when out for Mexican or something like that. I'm on myfitpal & my diary is an open book so if you're on there & would like to view it, feel free!

So, please, please tell me why I'm not losing????? It's still the so-called honeymoon phase so shouldn't I still be losing a decent amount? I've been between 255 & 253 foreverrrrr. HELP ME!!!!!

Sleeved 1/28/12. I've lost a total of 62# but in the last month its only been 5 or 6 lbs. I admittedly don't work out so I know that needs improvement stat!! Because I need back surgery I find even short walks to be painful & I've stopped taking all my pain meds for my back because they make me soooo sick since being sleeved. I'm going to start yoga tomorrow to see if that feels ok. Otherwise will have to join a gym, which is an expense I don't want to add to our budget right now if I can avoid it.

I track every single thing I eat & average around 800 cals/day. I'm not a carb nazi because I don't want to feel like a dieter anymore, after a lifetime of yo-to dieting, but I eat Protein first & eat no bread, rice, sugar, etc. I drink the occasional carb free beer, like michelob ultra, but no other straying away from my Water, unsweetened tea or daily coffee. I don't eat a lot of chips, though occasionally have a couple when out for Mexican or something like that. I'm on myfitpal & my diary is an open book so if you're on there & would like to view it, feel free!

So, please, please tell me why I'm not losing????? It's still the so-called honeymoon phase so shouldn't I still be losing a decent amount? I've been between 255 & 253 foreverrrrr. HELP ME!!!!!

I don't know if this helps but my doctor told me "It's not what your not doing that is making you gain weight it is what you are doing" Think about what you are doing and see what you can change. The what you eat and the how much may? She told me to focus on what I am doing and not what I am not doing and you will find the answer. I hope that helps.

It may just be a normal stall and/or your body readjusting. I hit one at 3.5 months and am just coming out of it. Funny thing: I really did lose inches. I dropped a pant size during the "stall." You can try to shock your body out of it. but I thinks it's normal and an actually healthy part of the weight loss process.

Yeah, I'm thinking stall too. Maybe, in order to help your back, you could do pilates. I read today that it is brilliant for strengthening core muscles (and thus the back).

Your body could be adjusting to the loss, it needs time to reshape and settle down before it starts the losing again. I have gone through a few stalls the last one was the longest ever but when it was all over I had dropped 2 sizes. That is why I don't just weight every week I measure and keep track of it (my clothes fit different before I change sizes also).

We have put our bodies through so much over the years and now we had surgery and have taken away more than half of our stomachs it requires time for healing and adjusting to everything.

If you feel you are doing everything you can then don't stress about it (stress can make you gain) it will come off it has nothing else to do this early after surgery. We all have had stalls and some (like me) freaked the first time it happened.

Keep up the good work and smile you are doing good.

your first issue is beer regardless of the type it still has empty calories and carbs, your doing great on your weight loss but beer is not good at this point unless your close to your goal weight. also stay away from the chips unless its 1-3 pieces lol a month ;)

Hi sleeve sister (1/25) you are doing better than I am, lol. I am hovering around down 50. I lose 10 and stall for weeks over and over, but I'll take any loss. I hope the losses pick up for both of us. Hang in there.

Sometimes your body needs a change for whatever reason to help with weight loss, add exercise is usually the boast it needs or by adding calories, if you don't eat enough yiur body won't lose either!