Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I am entirely new to this process. I just went to the seminar to start the process to get my sleeve on Thursday. I am the single parent of a 2 year old. How hard is this going to be to go thru and take care of her too? I want to get healthy to be able to watch her grow up. I didn't have her til I was 41. I'd like to stick around as long as I can.

IMO, it'll be doable but difficult based on my surgeon's post-op rules. I'm not to lift more than 5lbs or bend for 6-8 weeks after surgery. I know I could not get away with that it my boys were still as small as you little one. As to the food aspect of recovery, a friend of mine who had rny done found that once she got to full foods again that the portion she made her then two year old was the perfect size for her as well.

It's tough, but doable if your child is able to walk and possibly climb up on the couch to sit beside you. Someone here said they told their small children that mommy had "skinny shots" that made mommy unable to pick them up for a few weeks and their children accepted that and cooperated to help mom heal. I thought that was a great way of explaining it to little ones.

My son had just turned 3 when I had my surgery. I'm not a single mom ( but was with my first ) My son is a nut and doesn't stop all day, my husband works so I am home with him alone from 6:30 am - 8 pm everyday... I had my surgery on a Wed stayed in the hospital Thurs and Friday by Saturday most of my pain was gone and I was pretty much just sore, he was not a problem at all. There was no climbing on mommy but I would lay in the bed with him and cuddle in place of him laying on me while sitting up or sitting on my lap. I was 43 when I had me surgery, and think you will be fine, but it all depends on how you heal everyone is different.

Thank you so much! That gives me hope! I like the idea of making the same portion size meals for both of us.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches