Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are Those Of You That Are Post-Sleeve?

Just wondered how all of those that have been sleeved are doing?

I am doing fantastic. Keep wondering if Dr Kelly really did do a surgery as I feel so good. But when I go to stand up I feel a tiny bit of tenderness & then remember I did have an operation!

Glad I can have some fluids now. Going to go out for chicken broth soon. Yum!

My incisions look very healthy, but one is kind of looking a bit open, but not leaking or anything. So guess it is fine, but will check with the Dr.

Have pain meds, which I haven't taken yet & will also check if I have to take them or only if needed. Then an antibiotic & something else for the stomach healing.

So good to be on the other side now!!!

Hope you are all doing just as well.

Don't worry hon, you would know if things weren't going well. Some of us get these perfect surgical experiences with zero pain and no complications... that is more the norm, so enjoy it!

I feel the same way. I went shopping for about 5 hours today constant walking. The more I walked the better I felt. I thought did he actually do the surgery because this is unreal how good I feel.

I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly also. I recovered easily and have had sero issues. I am down 51 lbs in 3 months, counting pre diet, have 40+ to go. I went from a 22 to a 14 and still going down. Very excited about the future.!!!!!

I am doing very well to I also wondered if the surgery was really done but the scars are there to let me know and how little food it takes to fill me.

4 days after surgery I was at th gym on the treadmill, cleaning house, playing with the dogs, and going and seeing a friend.

I love my sleeve and the doctor too for giving me a new life.

Should have mentioned that I was sleeved May 3rd.

Im a may 3rd sleeve patient. Loving the feeling of getting better everyday. Im still having low blood pressure, doctor tells me to drink Water. Im drinking about 3 1/2 to 4 bottles a day of water a day. Today was my last of the 10 day blot clot shots on my belly so excited.

I just had my surgery on Monday, 5/14. I'm feeling great so far. My tummy muscles are sore from getting in and out of a flat bed instead of the hospital bed, but other than that I'm doing good and feel much better than I thought I would at this point.

Feel free to follow my blog directly (listed in my signature) or through FB - https://www.facebook.com/MyGastricSleeveLife if y'all want to follow my journey.

Had my surgery Monday too. Doing pretty good, I walk every hour and am getting in all my liquids. I am a bit fatigued, have intermittent gas and stomach pains, and my stomach muscles are definitely sore. But if those are my major problems, that's not much to complain about! I'm still taking it easy week one though. Besides my hourly walk abouts i am resting the majority of the time. Looking forward to being more active next week.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had a revision to sleeve on May 9th in Tijuana. I woke up the a Nasal Gastric tube in my nose that I had to keep for 24 hours. it was irritating not to mention very unsightly!!! After that came out I have been doing great. My surgery was at 1 am Alabama time, 11 PM in mexico on a Wednesday, Thurdsay I read and napped, Friday I rested, Saturday I walked to the shopping area in Tijuana and did my gift shopping for my family. I got my husband chocolate tequila! I really felt good. Saturday we crossed the border at 1:00, rested and read in San Diego and flew out the next morning. I have taken 3 pain pills since the last shot they gave me on Friday before they took the IV out. I stayed home on Monday (just because I have a bunch of sick time). I have just done great and I am 56 years old. My lap band is gone yeah!!!!! I eat a few bites and I am full yeah!!!! I have lost 12 pounds in 11 days. Life is good!

I was sleeved 5/11/12 in Mx. I had the most evil heartburn all the way from Mx and 2 flights, got some meds from my hcp the next day, heartburn is gone and I headed back to work the second day back home. Surprising myself and my family!! doin/feelin great!!

I feel the same way! I'm 17 days out and I feel GREAT.

I'm 12 days out and doing great! Still having trouble getting in all my fluids, especially after switching to pureed foods this week. I've started using a timer to keep track of when to drink and eat....lol. Now I just need to motivate myself to get out of the house and into the sunshine! I've GOT to get more active!

I'm 8 days post op. I need to get more fluids in. I started liquid proten today and it stings my tonge. I'm down 15.4 pounds. I get tired easliy. I'm pushing myself to walk more this weekend.

I'm 7 days post as of today. Most of the pain is gone. Haven't had too many problems with heartburn but still get bad gas pains occasionally . My biggest problem has been food frustration. I really need to chew on something....today in desperation I sucked on a piece of bacon for a few minutes then spit it out. It was bliss. Can't wait to get beyond this phase.