Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Kelly Is Wonderful! Sleeved 5/10 & No Pain!

I live Vitamin Water so this is great news to me!!

Also love all the little hints/suggestions you're picking up and sharing with us, thank you :-)

If any of you heading to Dr Kelly will be coming in on the wednesday or thursday, then you are in for a treat! You will be staying over on saturday night & they all go out on the saturday night & you can go with them!

We went out last night & it was so fun. It was a very local mexican restaurant. Dr Kelly, his wife Cecy, his son, the anaesthatist, Omar, and a man visiting, who was sleeved about a year ago & lost over 100lbs. Was nice to chat to him. But was great chatting to the team & just getting to know them.

They really are one big family & are so nice to me. Really made me feel welcome & accepted by them.

I just had Water & the broth, which was soooo good. Only could manage half the bowl! All the food looked great though.

Think I would love to try to come back in a year to visit them too, see how much I have lost by them & get to hang out with them.

Today, sunday, Cecy is taking me shopping. Have to think what I need, she will take me wherever I want to go. She can also take you for any dental stuff, haircut, manicure, pedicure, the beach, wherever!

It's been fun!

Congrats! Your experience sounds similar to mine. I am looking forward to going back on my 1 year, they were so great!

It is amazing how good you feel after the surgery!

I am having surgery with Dr. Kelly on May 28. Any and all recommendation or advice would be great. Advice on what to bring

I am having surgery with Dr. Kelly on May 28. Any and all recommendation or advice would be great. Advice on what to bring

What you need to bring isn't much. Gas-x strips in case you need them (I didn't), maybe 2-3 boxes of them. chicken stock powders or I found concentrated liquid broth in tiny packets. That is nice for the hotel room to make chicken stock. Then your clothes!

I also wish I bought a tin of Cookies or candies to give to the nurses to share. They were so nice to me.

singles for tipping the bellboy at the hotel as he will bring your luggage up for you.

Oh & they also give you slippers at the hospital, so you really don't need to pack those either.

I know this may be a stupid question but how much and who do I tip? I don't want to insult anyone.

I gave the bellboy $5 as I didn't have any singles! He must think I am a big spender. Would think $2-$3 would be fine.

Also going to give Cecy (Dr Kelly's wife) $40 for driving me around while I have been here.

You could in lieu of a tip for Cecy bring a gift for her. But I would give her something, as she is great ferrying you around everywhere!

Oh & the nurses spoke pretty good English too. As well as Dr Kelly & Omar being around the hospital a lot & speaking fluent English. So the language barrier wasn't bad.

Can't remember if I posted this, but they also give you compression stockings to keep, so no need to buy them. I am still wearing mine & will wear them on the plane on the way home too.

Oh & the nurses spoke pretty good English too. As well as Dr Kelly & Omar being around the hospital a lot & speaking fluent English. So the language barrier wasn't bad.

Can't remember if I posted this' date=' but they also give you compression stockings to keep, so no need to buy them. I am still wearing mine & will wear them on the plane on the way home too.[/quote']

Your information has been a great help to me. My email address is sandrap28@hotmail.com do you emailing me and keeping me posted on how you are doing and advice on how to continue toward my journey.

Hi everyone. Here I sit at the beautiful lucerna hotel in Tijuana mexico!

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Kelly, his wife Cecy & Omar.

Cecy picked me up from Sand Diego airport in a WLSC (weight loss surgery center) van, easy to get across the border. But first she took me on a little tour of downtown San Diego! Stopped to take my photo a couple of times which was nice. Beautiful area.

Then across the border & stopped to get bloodwork & urine sample (so don't pee at the airport!). Easy to do. Then off to Oasis Hospital where I met Dr Kelly & Omar. Both speak fluent & very good English!

Process went very quickly. Got undressed & into a gown, took x-rays of chest area, then off to surgery! One minute I was laying on the table, next minute I was waking up in my room! Woke up with abolutely NO PAIN! I had no gas pain from the moment I woke up & still don't! Just some mild nausea.

Dr Kelly said the surgery took 41 minutes & why he tries to do it quickly is so you have less gas. Well it definitely showed!

The next couple of days consisted of me sleeping off & on, getting vital stats done & having my IV bag changed. I think I had 6 lots of Water they put into me altogether.

Today they changed my incisions dressings, took IV out of me & off we went to do the swallow test. Everyone said it tastes horrible, so was prepared for that. It wasn't bad at all. You also drink it in one lot, not sips. So you hardly taste it.

Swallow test went great too!

Now Omar, cecy & Dr Kelly all dropped me off at the Lucerna hotel & I have an amazing view of the pool, really pretty.

Oh & they gave me a bag that says "I left my stomach in Tijuana, MX" filled with drinks & teas for me. They also gave me 3 types of medication. One for pain, one antibiotic & one for my stomach.

Now I am relaxing until they pick me up later & we all go for broth. Can't wait!

So doing amazing. Really recommend Dr Kelly & if you have any questions just ask!

Ok, you sealed the deal for me. I am ready to go, but still have to wait one more week. I will be with my mom and we will be there over a Saturday so hopefully we will get to go out with Dr. Kelly as well. Please tell them all that I cannot wait to meet them. Best of luck on your trip home.

Sherry

Sherry

When are you having surgery. I am having surgery on May 28th just wondering if you were having it the same day.

Sandra

Ok, you sealed the deal for me. I am ready to go, but still have to wait one more week. I will be with my mom and we will be there over a Saturday so hopefully we will get to go out with Dr. Kelly as well. Please tell them all that I cannot wait to meet them. Best of luck on your trip home.

Sherry

My surgery is the 23rd. I wish we had the same time. I have not talked to anyone for my date yet.

Oh you are in for a treat Sherry & whatever you guys want to do, Cecy will take you to.

We went to the beach & walked down by the beach, went shopping in a vendors aread, then shopping at a supermarket & out for dinner twice too.

She said she takes patients to get their teeth whitened, hair done, nails done, whatever they want to do!

I am home now & still in no pain, no gas, just feeling fantastic!

Also updated my blog more, so you can follow my story on there: http://njsharonjourney.blogspot.com/