Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

MOM thanks so much. I did it and after much trial and error it worked! Yay!!!!! katt

My sister and I are taking 3 of my grandchildren an 1 of their cousins (ages 16, 16, 15, and 9) to Washington D.C. We leave Saturday and won't be back until the following Sunday. I have not had my first fill so I am wondering how much of a challenge it is going to be to eat out 3 times a day for 9 days. That being said, I'm still in. Let's do it!!! Katt

Katt, first off, congratulations on your ticker!

I live about 30 minutes outside DC. Fall has finally hit and it is quite chilly, so pack accordingly. Good luck with all the restaurants. That will probably be a bit challenging. Are you driving or flying here?

Bettina, Congrats on the rapid weight loss. 15lbs your first week is awesome. How are you feeling?

Hi, And thank you. ;) I am feeling really good. Went for my post op visit today...doc is very pleased and laughed at me when I told him that I don't want to continue the weight loss at this rate. He told me it would level off. I had a small issue with the Cream of Wheat...doc said don't eat it yet...he doesn't agree with the dietician. A few sips of hot Water dissolved the cream of wheat ball i had..and I am better than new! :clap2: Been walking every day...I did the 2 flights of stairs to the docs office rather than the elevator..yay!!

My clothes are starting to hang a little...but that is okay...I kept all the old sizes so no problem...lol ...so sad:nervous

So far this has been a breeze...well except for the part that i am not hungry and have to force myself to eat..but hubby keeps me in check!!

Take care!

Bettina

Ok folks Monday is weigh in day for the Christmas Challenge, 25 lbs by the 25th or your personal goal!

Monday is cut off date for the Challenge and below is list of those up for a little friendly competion!

Mom of Many

Want2lose

Rita Ann

Jgandg

Valgal1968

BJean

Gonnabethin

Emm125

Katt

MimIN

We are going to look sooooooo Good!!!!

P.S. I was wearing a 1x-2x in almost anything I bought Not to mention a size 18W-20W I bought a dress yesterday to wear to a wedding on Saturday and the Top was an XL and the Skirt was a LARGE!!!!! the XL in the skirt was too freaking BIG!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEE!

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!

I am excited!! I am hoping to lose 35lbs by Christmas as I really REALLY want to wear a 'little black dress' for NYE and look good in it!

Finally going in for my first fill today - I hate bandster hell! Am hoping to lose 25 by Christmas, too!! Here's to that first fill helping with that.

Ok folks Monday is weigh in day for the Christmas Challenge, 25 lbs by the 25th or your personal goal!

Monday is cut off date for the Challenge and below is list of those up for a little friendly competion!

Mom of Many

Want2lose

Rita Ann

Jgandg

Valgal1968

BJean

Gonnabethin

Emm125

Katt

MimIN

We are going to look sooooooo Good!!!!

P.S. I was wearing a 1x-2x in almost anything I bought Not to mention a size 18W-20W I bought a dress yesterday to wear to a wedding on Saturday and the Top was an XL and the Skirt was a LARGE!!!!! the XL in the skirt was too freaking BIG!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEE!

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!!

Hello all,

Can I get in on this challenge? I am still on mushies and have no fill yet but a friendly competition would probably do me good. How do we update the ticker once we have it there, do we just do it over

Yes you can get in until Sunday night at midnight. We start the challenge on Monday. To update your ticker just do it over and cut and paste the new one.

The list as of now:

Mom of Many

Want2lose

Rita Ann

Jgandg

Valgal1968

BJean

Gonnabethin

Emm125

Katt

MimIN

TruBlueSue

Diane5467

Bettina (are you in)

I was banded 9/5/2006 and I am finally pain free, I can bend down without pain and can finally sleep on my side and no more have to sleep sitting up. Went to the doctor 10/02 and I am down 18 pounds. Only 100 more to go.

I was banded 9/5/2006 and I am finally pain free, I can bend down without pain and can finally sleep on my side and no more have to sleep sitting up. Went to the doctor 10/02 and I am down 18 pounds. Only 100 more to go.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Congrats on the 18lbs. Are you on solid food yet?

I think the pain on my right side was....hang on....GAS! I'm on pureed foods, but stretch it to anything soft that I can puree in my mouth and I've been eating vegatables - green bean casseroll, carrots, etc. Well, I guess I'm not ready for that - because when I stopped it - the pain went away.

So tempting to eat, eat, eat now that I'm pretty well healed up and not feeling full.

I think the pain on my right side was....hang on....GAS! I'm on pureed foods, but stretch it to anything soft that I can puree in my mouth and I've been eating vegatables - green bean casseroll, carrots, etc. Well, I guess I'm not ready for that - because when I stopped it - the pain went away.

So tempting to eat, eat, eat now that I'm pretty well healed up and not feeling full.

Don't really think I could do the Christmas Challenge - now that I'm back on somewhat real food - I hate the thought of dieting. I know that once I get my first fill at the end of Oct, I won't have a choice....but I think right now I can eat a bit and can't help but enjoy it.