Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Jewls welcome to the belly banded club its the best healthiest thing you'll ever do for your self and your family....welcome

truebluesue,

dont worry it will be alright, be patient I just found out what hungry was to and I will be 41 in November. I understand

I was banded 3 weeks ago..9/9/06..I have lost 10kgs so far and feeling great. My shoulder and gas pains have finally gone!!

Going for my first fill next week 4/10..getting nervous!!

I got my band on Sept 7th in Mexico. I lost 10 pounds pre-op and have lost 5 since the surgery. I get my first fill on Oct. 30th. I hope to feel the restriction that I hoped for from the beginning. I am encouraged by seeing all the pounds that have been lost by others. I can't wait til I reach one-derland!!! Happykat

Good Evenin, Tomorrow is the big day and I am so ready. I have done really well with the liquids and doing what I was suppose to the Surgeon should be very happy I think. I am so excited today I bought my first digital scale that I can use and get it be acurate it is a Healthmeter Scale and it only weighs up to 330. That made my day.

Been staying busy doing last minute things before surgery tommorrow. Want to wish those having surgery tomorrow and soon my thoughts are with you.

I am so glad I found this board.

Have a great night

Will post again when I feel up to it

Best of luck to you Larry, good job on sticking to the rules and your weight loss. I was banded a week ago today and am feeling much better. You won't feel hunger for the first few days- do your best to sip Protein, juice, and most important, Water. Hopefully you have someone there to help you out.

Let us know how you are doing!

Diane

Jgandg:

Wantlapband how did it go at the doctor? I'm having similar port-pain issues but am not seeing my doc until next week

I have an infection, which we knew I had, so he changed medicines. I am having an allergic reaction to something that was done with the surgery, it might have been the sterile tape that they put on you, it was just removed yesterday. I still have lots of port pain, I mean it hurts just to walk, I can't stand straight, or sit straight, I have to real careful or forget it. He said he will see me next week to see how things are, then work from there, unless of course something comes up.

Hi All!!

i did it! 2 days post op! Gotta update my weight loss ticker ...yay. I am sore,but its only been 2 days so I think its pretty normal. I can feel the band when i rub my finger over my skin.....eww i had no idea, the doc told me..lol. I walk only when necessary..still have alot of sedation in my system. i started taking my Vitamins today. I switched from chic broth to wonton broth..chic broth gave me bad dry heaves...really bad. But I am not hungry..yay! sorry this post is so random..head still a little fuzzy..lol

Talk to you soon!

Bettina,

Congratulations! I'm glad all went well. I moved VERY slowly for the first few days too. Welcome to Bandland.:clap2:

Thank you so much! and thanks for telling me you moved slowly, i was starting to think there was something wrong with me..lol.

Congrats Bettina!!

It's been a week and 2 days, and I am STILL moving slowly, but I know in time I will feel better. I've always been the type of person that takes forever to heal.

Another slow mover here... takes a while to get up and sit down, and I'm walking a bit more slowly.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, I'm not really having any pain -- I can sleep on both sides, and my port area isn't hurting. Of course, if I press on the area it's tender, but not painful in general.

Congratulations Bettina! I think you mean you can feel your port, I can feel my port too. I don't think there is any way that you could or should be able to feel your band though. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

:confused:

I'm offically BANDED!

Got home a few hours ago, in more pain that I expected. Surgery went well and my scars look neat. Left side is very sore, hard to get in and out of bed. I'm keeping a cold compress on the left side and taking pain meds, hoping to feel better by tomorrow.

I just got dome yesterday an my left side is killing me also. i also have awfull heart burn hang in there ruth

:update: :drama:

Hello All,

Well I have made:Banane21: I am a bandster now. I don't have the gas or anything but very very sore and hard to get around or sit or lay down. Once I do it is okay. Mike is helping me alot but I know I must be driving him crazy as there is alot of things I can't do right now. Like bending over is one of them i can a little bit but if I drop something on the floor I can't get it. I know this is temporary but it sure hurts right now. Sorry for whining just had to get it out of my system. :confused: Other than being realy sore not takes me forever to get somewhere a snail or the US Postal System can move quicker even though a snail and them are about the same pace. ;) Sorry I have to laugh or I will cry!!!!

My surgery started at 10:30 and the actual surgery last about Hour and fifteen minutes if that long I was back in recovery 2 around 1 or so but I was out of it. The last thing I remember is helping them to move myself to the surgery table. The last thing I did was ask how long does it take for the anesthesia to work never got an answer. Next thing I know I was waking up in recovery and asked them when we were going to start. They said we are done and I said really!!!!

Than on to recovery 2 and this is where the fun began i think the nurse let me stay in bed for hour to recover some more and than she said its time to get up. I told her no I was not ready and she said yes you are. Man did it hurt. Than she gave me 30 minutes or so till Mike got back and they made me walk around the nurses station a few times and I felt very nauseous but she gave me something for it. Surgeon came in and talked ot me and said I did very well much easier surgeon than he thought it would be, asked how I was feeling told me he wanted to see me in a week and I could go home.

Yesterday and today I have been very sore and crying and wondering why I did this to my body but know deep down its the best thing I ever did and this stage will pass. I feel very fortunate that I have no gas and things seem to be going down liquids ate 3 small bites of Jello and was full yesterday. food means nothing to me right now but making myself drink liquids.

How long will I stay sore I had to sleep on my back? Sorry if I rambled but lonley and love to talk. Also any suggestions on how to make the soressness feel better quicker? Besides getting up and down. The ice pack felt really great yesterday but it did no good.

The heating pad is making me feel good today is there a reason I should not be using the heating pad?

I am so gland to be banded and overall the surgery was fine never worried about the tube has a little bit of sore throat but overall it went well. Just can't wait to quit being sore and I can go dancing :heh: Just kidding I will take being able to get up and down without hurting or wanting to cry out.

Those that are about to be banded wish you good luck and those that just got banded my prayers and thoughts are with you that you are doing well.

Wanted to let everyone know I am alive and kicking. Mike did not get to collect the life insurance this time. Smile Sorry warped sense of humor I know.

Have a great day