Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

YES! I FINALLY DID IT. Thank you!! :clap2:

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!! yay :clap2: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :)

(see, don't they make you crazy?)

Erin, Way to go!!!! I see your ticker!!!!

Bettina,

I'm feeling great. I'm down 16lbs in 2 weeks. I'm not hungry yet, which is great. I'm able to get most my Protein from mushies now, so most days I am down to one Protein Shake. One very amusing side effect that I have run into is eating the same food for 4 or 5 meals in a row. We have so much leftover since I am eating so little that I have the same leftovers a couple days in a row. We had pulled bbq pork on Friday for dinner. I took 2 tablespoons and put them in my mini food processor and it tasted great (even if it did look like cat food!). So that became Sat's lunch, dinner, and todays lunch. I think I am officially burned out of pulled pork. Tonight I will try pot roast. I think the consistancy will be pretty similar, so hopefully no problems.

When I was on liquids only I was running about 400 calories. Now that I'm on mushies I am at about 600 calories/day.

Bettina,

I'm feeling great. I'm down 16lbs in 2 weeks. I'm not hungry yet, which is great. I'm able to get most my Protein from mushies now, so most days I am down to one Protein Shake. One very amusing side effect that I have run into is eating the same food for 4 or 5 meals in a row. We have so much leftover since I am eating so little that I have the same leftovers a couple days in a row. We had pulled bbq pork on Friday for dinner. I took 2 tablespoons and put them in my mini food processor and it tasted great (even if it did look like cat food!). So that became Sat's lunch, dinner, and todays lunch. I think I am officially burned out of pulled pork. Tonight I will try pot roast. I think the consistancy will be pretty similar, so hopefully no problems.

When I was on liquids only I was running about 400 calories. Now that I'm on mushies I am at about 600 calories/day.

That is all awesome news!!! (okay except being burned out by pulled pork..lol) but leftovers, yeah...no thinking for the next meal..I'm all over that!! I magic bulleted my steak as a test run....cats were eyeing me up thinking i took their friskies...lol. But at least it still tasted like steak!

16 lbs...sounds like Heaven!!! :)

Hello,

Well, I am finally in bandland! Went in Friday morning and went home around 9:00 at night. I am told that everything went well with the exception of two hernias they discovered. The hiatal hernis they fixed, but the other one behind my belly button is very slight right now. Yesterday I did some walking, drank as much Protein as I could and watered down fruit juice. Not much of an appetite even today. My family has been doing a great job helping me move around and stick to me post op menu. I would have to say the hernia is very verysore, and I don't feel to much wherever the port may be.

I hope everyone else is doing well, I wil write more later.

TTYS,

Diane

One other thing...I am big on keeping records of measurements, and have for the past 10 years. I checked them again today and my bust, waist and hips are all down about 2" each. I'm still wearing sweat pants most days, so I can't say I've noticed any big change in how my clothes fit, but I'm thrilled with the loss so far.

Even on the liquids I am having fun playing around with different creamed Soups. Last night I took some cream of potato Soup and added a can of diced chicken and blended it. It kind of tasted like chicken pot pie. I love to experiment with different recipes.< /p>

I am just 4 days out of surgery now and I feel wonderful, but I do have a little infection in my port incision. I called the doc and he called in some antibiotics for me. I will see him again on Wednesday.

Banded:9-20-06-NWWLS

Dr. Robert Michaelson

315/315/150

Erin, Way to go!!!! I see your ticker!!!!

Bettina,

Hey Everyone...

Wow, I cant believe how big this thread had gotten!! I have been so busy with work, havent been able to read for a few days..

Looks like everyone is doing great and congrats to all the new bandsters...I am two weeks post-op tomorrow and as of this morning have lost 15 lbs since banding (37 total since pre-op dieting)...

Now time to read through the rest of the thread!

Sherry

Hello,

Well, I am finally in bandland! Went in Friday morning and went home around 9:00 at night. I am told that everything went well with the exception of two hernias they discovered. The hiatal hernis they fixed, but the other one behind my belly button is very slight right now. Yesterday I did some walking, drank as much Protein as I could and watered down fruit juice. Not much of an appetite even today. My family has been doing a great job helping me move around and stick to me post op menu. I would have to say the hernia is very verysore, and I don't feel to much wherever the port may be.

I hope everyone else is doing well, I wil write more later.

TTYS,

Diane

Diane,

I am so happy to hear all went well. I was so worried that your surgery wasn't going to happen. Thanks for the update. Rest up and post when you can.

Well everything has been going well since being banded on 9/15. Everything was healing fine when i went to my post op appointment. I'm walking 40-60 min a day. a sinus infection has made things suck just a bit.

as of this morning i'm down 15lbs since banding and can definitely see the results.

Good Luck to all those having surgery this week!!

9/26 marie noone

9/26 christy

9/26 Lin

9/27 Bettina

9/27 tommygirl

9/27 GettinThinMan

9/28 KarenK

9/28 Tracicat

9/28 jumbojet

9/28 "D"-n-OK

9/29 Lapoli7

9/29 ratgirl

9/29 sweetsue

9/29 chattanoogabrat

Post as soon as you are able!!

Hey Everyone...

Wow, I cant believe how big this thread had gotten!! I have been so busy with work, havent been able to read for a few days..

Looks like everyone is doing great and congrats to all the new bandsters...I am two weeks post-op tomorrow and as of this morning have lost 15 lbs since banding (37 total since pre-op dieting)...

Now time to read through the rest of the thread!

Sherry

That is awesome!! You're doing great on your weight loss!

I like your progress chart you made is cool..I think I will do that too, its good for encouragement!!

Take care!

Good Luck to all those having surgery this week!!

9/26 marie noone

9/26 christy

9/26 Lin

9/27 Bettina

9/27 tommygirl

9/27 GettinThinMan

9/28 KarenK

9/28 Tracicat

9/28 jumbojet

9/28 "D"-n-OK

9/29 Lapoli7

9/29 ratgirl

9/29 sweetsue

9/29 chattanoogabrat

Post as soon as you are able!!

Thank you, I can't believe its finally here (and I am oddly calm about it!!)

Best wishes to the rest of you being banded this week! We can do it!!!!:confused: :clap2:

Good Morning Kiddos,

Just checking in and things seem to be going well. I'm 10 days post op and doing very well. The liquid diet is only 3 days away from being over. I'm scared to step on a scale though. I did show my hubby that I could pull my short down without unbuttoning them, slid right over my hips! That was so exciting!! Of course his question was " Are you still that sore??" and cocked that little smile of his. LOL

I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll keep ya posted at weigh in!