Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

BJean,

LOL. I did almost the same thing. Last weekend I had to go to a baby shower, and it was the first time I put on more then sweat pants. I was thrilled that some "snug" pants fit really well (even a little loose). All was good till I went to sit down. OMG, that really hurt my abdomen. I spent the next 2 hours at the shower standing or leaning, sipping Water and ignoring the food table & champagne. Amazingly it was still a fun party. I immediately changed back to sweats as soon as I got home.

Lapoli: You really have managed a very good weight loss beforehand. That's going to help you a lot during the surgery and afterward :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement:) and the good ideas to help

with a good night sleep. I'll keep all my September Bandsters posted on my outcome. :)

Thanks Again!

I'm offically BANDED!

Got home a few hours ago, in more pain that I expected. Surgery went well and my scars look neat. Left side is very sore, hard to get in and out of bed. I'm keeping a cold compress on the left side and taking pain meds, hoping to feel better by tomorrow.

I'm offically BANDED!

Got home a few hours ago, in more pain that I expected. Surgery went well and my scars look neat. Left side is very sore, hard to get in and out of bed. I'm keeping a cold compress on the left side and taking pain meds, hoping to feel better by tomorrow.

Feel better soon!! It takes a couple of days!! REST!!!:clap2:

Still can't figure this ticker thing out. Is it showing up on your side or just showing up as a URL?

Erin, go back to tickerfactory.com and copy the first set of codes below the part that says "http"...I don't even know why they put it there, we can't use it anyway..silly ticker people!

Take care!

just checked: its the BBCode one starts with url.

Gosh you guys are doing so good! I'm happy for all of you. I went to the doctor yesterday and had my staples removed. Piece of cake. Lost 13 pounds. Soooooo excited. Still haven't been hungry. Got to start eating chewy food Wednesday. Not much and food list is short but chewing is great! I have started keeping a log in Fit Day and that has been very helpful. Helps me plan for the future also. Keep up all the good work. Obviously this works if you work it. Katt

Hi everyone! I'm another September bandster. I was banded on September 5, 2006, by Dr. Les Miles in Birmingham, AL. I've lost about 22 lbs. in my first 2-1/2 weeks, and I've been pleased at how easy it's been (knock on wood!). I know I'm really just entering "bandster hell", but I'm going to try my best to stick with the band rules and portions.

Tami

273/251/150ish

changed my ticker

weight.png

How did you change your ticker? I tried but cant...Any help would be nice.

I cant deleat the one that is there...How did you do it?

Hi All,

Banded 9/18, down 5lb since then. Glad to hear everyone else is SO SICK of sweet stuff. All I want is to chew something, get something salty, and not taste Protein Powder. I go for my 1 week doc appt Monday, I will definitely wear loose clothes, thanks for the warning! They say if my swelling is down, gee I could get some sf pudding. Whoopee. Yuck.

:help: Burning in throat

Is this acid/ reflux. I was banded on Wednesday, today is Saturday and I am on a liquid diet suffering from pain. It can be when I have eaten, talking or even just breathing. If it is normal how long will it last and what is the most natural way of preventing it.

I was banded in UK 20/09/06 so would love to know if anyone else has this particular problem.

Labradoodle

:) I was banded on 9-20-06 also.

I had a sore throat from the tube. The tube may have scraped a little on your throat when they removed it. Mine is gone now. I hope this subsides for you.

Good Luck!

Good evening all.... wishing you well! Had my band 09-19-06, home 09-20-06; one "green" incident which passed and on the road to recovery. Feeling better every day.

Best to all,

INTERESTING SIDE EFFECT....

(Warning - this could be too gross for you - if weak stomach, stop reading now).

Well, for the past 3 or 4 years I have had to wear panty liners on a daily basis - just to stay fresh and clean (was not peeing pants - just discharge). Thought it was age -- you know, getting close to peak of sexuality -- or something like that?

NO, as soon as my body was free of all the added sugar stuff - I was a clean puppy. It's unbelievable!

But now that I've begun to add pudding and thicker Soups and honey etc....i-t-'s b-a-c-k! Aaaahhh!

QUESTION: can I really live a sugar-free life? It's obviously what my body wants me to do. I got the band so that I wouldn't have to be so diligent about what I put into my mouth, knowing that I'd only be able to put in a small amount. But now this! Hmmm - not sure how to proceeded.