Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Good evening to all. I am reading about Isopure, how is that in comparison to Myocel? Just curious, I dont know a thing about either.

I am scheduled for Tues, 09/19 and am so thankful for this site. So informative.

Thank you all.

Elaine

Hi everyone, I started my pre op diet on 9/4 which I tell my friends was the first day of the rest of my life. The first 3 days was rough, (headaches) I stuck with it and was banded on 9/11. I had a few issues with the Barium Swallow so my outpatient status turned into an overnight stay. However, by the next day I was fine. And by 9/14 felt almost back to normal. I look forward to talking with all my fellow bandsters.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hello All Day 4 of my liquids and feeling good no headaches, no nausation, a little hungry right now as I got my preop testing today.

As far as a nutritionist I had to education class, psyche evaluation and know after surgery I have some classes I have to attend.

That makes sense about fruit but I was mainly asking prior to surgery. I really do apprecaite everyone help

Have a great day

Bettina: You sound hurt. No one was out to get you, that's for sure!!

This website is a forum for communication - I thought that was what we were doing. And everyone can jump in and do that anyway they want. The more the merrier, I say! But let's take all this in the way it is meant - helpful and supportive.

No one should have a problem if their knowledge base is different from anyone else's. But we should all be able to jump in at any time and share our own. Am I right? Or are you coming from a different place in all this?

BJ

Hurt, nah you can't hurt me. I'm an idiot. I didn't realize that because my doctor has a different way of doing things that it can't possibly help anyone at all ever on this board. (I must tell him and the dietician that they are wrong about what they told me because it doesn't conform to what everyone else was told) (He is gonna have to tell Carnie Wilson's doc that he is wrong also I guess-he trained with him) "and everyone can jump in and do that anyway they want" Apparently not me though. "helpful and supportive" that was my intention, never once did I say that anyone else was wrong and I was right.

"Just remember when you're throwin' around background and degrees that lots 'o people here probably have strong backgrounds and multiple degrees, but they just might not feel the need to share that. Um kay?

BJ"

I guess that is a problem with my "knowledge base" I only posted that I am certified to let others know that I am not some idiot spewing non-truths on the board (never once claimed that I know all -or that it meant that my way was correct and everyone else was wrong) Its called credentials.

Seems to be a prejudice here that because someone was told something different, that they were told wrong. I never meant to hurt anyone, just give a different perspective -thought it might be helpful.

Ya know, I was hoping that by posting what I was told that someone else may have been told the same thing and that I would feel good about what I was told. I too am looking for support. I see now I won't get it here!

I guess I will never be on "the team"

I wish everyone all the best.<!-- / message -->

Good morning all, and best wishes. I am on my <24hrs countdown. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good Luck!!! You must be so excited!!! :clap2:

:yield: :yield: :yield:

Well, thats what I get for going to bed early last night :notagree . We are all new bandsters, or soon to be new. We all choose our surgeons for our own reasons and are trusting our bodies (and lives) to them and have faith in their programs. I find it interesting how different the programs all are. I only had to do 2 days of liquid diet, and was able to be on full liquids the first day home from the hospital. I start mushies 1 week post op :hungry: . I don't think anyone is saying another surgeon is wrong...just different. I read on another thread that someone in Europe didn't have any liquid phase following their banding. I'm going to follow my surgeon's program, because that is what I signed up for. Fortunately for him, I have this board, so I'm not calling him every 5 minutes with questions. But when I mentioned on this board that I had a grapefruit sized lump above my port incision, and nobody else had anything like that, I knew I needed to call the Dr.

I laughed so hard at all the drama on the main board last month. I couldn't believe how crazy they were getting. I don't want to see things escalate here. We just have to remember we are following our own programs.

Bettina, I truly have appreciated all your input. It has reminded me to double check labels to verify carb counts, etc. I was convinced on another thread the Carnation Instant Breakfast was a great option. When I loaded it into fit day I had a huge realization that this should NOT be my main source of Protein supplements (WAY too high in carbs). Now thats not to say I may not have it occasionally as a change, but you got me thinking about my choices. Thank you for that. When you said we can't have OJ or fruit, it made me go back through my stuff from my dietician and realized that is just a difference in our programs, and those things are OK for me. Not wrong that you put it out there, just different from my program.

I think everyone has their own opinions that we must remember are just that...opinions . Isopure, in my opinion, is the nastiest stuff ever put on this planet :D, in addition to being one of the most expensive Protein sources I have found. But others love it, so I try to keep that opinion to myself (most of the time), because someone looking for a new choice should decide that for themselves.

Maybe were all just getting cranky because were sugar deprived :)

Group Hug :)

Where do you buy Isopure ? I have to go grocery shopping tonight to get somethings before my surgery on Wednesday. I have been drinking the HMR drinks, which I like, but it gets boring. The carnation, (blue box) is good, except sometimes the milk bothers me, I would rather mix a Protein drink with Water in the blender..

thanks!

I bought mine at GNC. They have 6 or more flavors, and usually have some in a refrigerator case in addition to on the shelf. They are about 3.50 -$4.00/bottle.

I also have been using a lot of the unjury products, available only online or in McLean, VA. They have a strawberry Sorbet that mixes with Water that was delicious. I use their unflavored (or beneprotein unflavored) to mix with juice and fruit. This has been great for me to alternate with milk based drinks.

Elaine53- GOOD LUCK! Post as soon as you are able. It is so exciting!! Remember: walk, walk, walk, walk! Keep on sippin!!

I am on day 7 of my liquid pre-op ... going well ( I am surprised!) Only 4 days til I am a "Lapper" I can hardly wait! I am glad to hear of all the successes!

Today is 4 days post op and I feel wonderful. Feeling a bit tight in the chest due to gas I'm sure but everything is working well. Just a note, my doc said there is no restriction on liquid in the first 2 weeks and being I'm on all liquid for two weeks I'm doing great. The only thing he stressed is low fat and ver low carb if possible. Funny but I don't seem to feel deprived at all. I tried coffee this morning (cause I love my coffee) they said it would be fine if I didnt have cream and sugar with it, didint seem to tolerate it very well kinda like I didnt have a taste for it.

Oh well the tea is doing me just fine. Not sore this morning, like I had been just a bit tender around the port.

I think this is going to be very very good, Its a new day and I'm feel very confident about the band and my personal choice!

Keep up the good work everyone and keep us all informed.

I bought mine at GNC. They have 6 or more flavors, and usually have some in a refrigerator case in addition to on the shelf. They are about 3.50 -$4.00/bottle.

I also have been using a lot of the unjury products, available only online or in McLean, VA. They have a strawberry Sorbet that mixes with Water that was delicious. I use their unflavored (or beneprotein unflavored) to mix with juice and fruit. This has been great for me to alternate with milk based drinks.

I read about that unjury online..so its really good? Do they have chocolate, have you tried it?

Hey guys, up until now this has been a Fantastic forum for me. Obviously I got carried away last evening. I am truly a wonderful, caring, perfect person. And what me, cranky??? No way. At least LESS cranky this morning.

I finally feel pretty good and last night slept a little on my tummy - true MILESTONE! Untill you've been through the surgery, you might not appreciate how great that feels.

Before someone opened up this thread for September bandsters, there seemed to be an awful lot of postings from people with problems after their surgeries. It looks like all of us September bandsters are really doing great! It doesn't hurt to have all of the support we have here.

Cranky or whatever, thanks youse guys! :clap2:

BJ

Optimum Nutrition is my choice for whey protien, many flavors to choose from, including tropical punch that I like very well, put it in blender with 10 oz of skim milk or juice or fruit and ice, it's like a shake, and taste is very good, and filling. Isopure is good for me but Water it down a bit cause it seems thick.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.