Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Yes Bettina, I noticed the site. But according to my nutritionist, it's not "bodybuilding". It's zero carb, low cal, low fat, hi Protein. Much like the Medifast she recommends but upsets my stomach. But hey, we can agree to disagree! Just want to point out my nutritionist's take for anyone reading this. Thanks for your input!

WALK WALK WALK- I had mine 9/14, 9/15 I drve to the store to walk around, felt less sore, less bloated today. Today went to bath and body for $6 wallflowers, bed bath and beyond for pressure cooker, and got more Jello. Jello with 1-2tbsp plain yougurt and 1 scoop of any whey- just like Unjury is WONDERFUL!!! Very filling and satisfying!!

Then a special treat DH and I went and had manicure & pedicures- it was the cure for post-op soreness!!

Good luck to you and get out and it gets better quicker!!

I am 4 days post op and feel great. Minor pain. Never has been major. And the best of all...I AM NOT HUNGRY. I can't believe it! With past surgeries I have come out of recovery looking for food. Now I just don't care. If I have had 300 calories per day for the past 4 days it would be a miricle. Unbelieveable. I will pray for the best results for all of you. Thanks for being there. Katt

Hello All,

I have spent alot of time reading your posts today and have got alot of good ideas that I was not aware of such as getting your pain meds filled since alot of Pharmacies don't stock them.

Also what to be prepared with? But can someone explain to me why we need heat pad and what does it do?

I am a excited and scared at the same time I have never had a surgery and the part about being put to sleep. I know I will be fine but it the time before surgery gives me alot of time to think.

My surgery date is September 29th performed by Dr Walter Rose at Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga TN at 10 am. Should be home the day day.

Tomorrow I go for all my preop testing and the upper GI. After that test don't think there is anything else I need to do at least that I am aware of at the moment lol

But this board is really helping to stay occupied and learining alot.

For those that have upcoming surgery my prayers and thoughts go out to you.

If there is any tips or suggestions you think I should know feel to email me or send them on here is great.

Thanks for making me feel so welcomed:thankyou: :D

The heating pad is for gas pains. I have found that the liquid extra strenth tylonel is all I need. I have not been hungry at all. Head hunger mostly. I have been printing recipes of stuff to try for the next stage. (mushies) KInd of hesitant myself about the solid stage but that is a ways away.

Hello,

Isopure when you buy is it tjust sold in packets and you have to make it or does it come in bottles? Where is the best place to get it as I called GNC locally and they sell only by the case for like 36.00 no flavors and will not sell individual bottles.

If you are in Chattanooga do you know where I can get them locally? So I have it ready for my surgery.

Hello All,

dI ecided to be creative and I put the vanilla glucerna in the blender with ice and added sugar free banana creme powder to it and boi does it taste good:Banane23: :wow2: What other kind of flavers can I add to it?

I tried the butter pecan and don't like it very much trying ot think how I can doctor that one up too? Also the chocolate ? It does not say I can add any fruit such as strawberries or bananas? Would that be considered cheating ? If put them in the blender as I am new so want to make sure that won't defeat the purpose or is sugar free pudding a better idea.

Thanks Larry I know I have posted alot over the last few days but it is helping me to get through :)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

[:D Best Regards

Good luck tomorrow to our 9/18 bandsters: Linstadt, tayvia99 and April.

We'll be thinking of you! I hope you all have a speedy recovery and we hear back from you soon.

well day 3 had definitely been the toughest as far as the soreness goes especially around where the port was placed. I'm not very bloated though, the walking really helped with that. Other than that everything has been great.

Hello,

Isopure when you buy is it tjust sold in packets and you have to make it or does it come in bottles? Where is the best place to get it as I called GNC locally and they sell only by the case for like 36.00 no flavors and will not sell individual bottles. Hi, its not in packets, its premade in bottles, and i can't believe they don't sell it individually because they sell it like soda in a cold case..hmmm.

If you are in Chattanooga do you know where I can get them locally? So I have it ready for my surgery.

Try another sports shop

Hello All,

dI ecided to be creative and I put the vanilla glucerna in the blender with ice and added sugar free banana creme powder to it and boi does it taste good:Banane23: :wow2: What other kind of flavers can I add to it?

I tried the butter pecan and don't like it very much trying ot think how I can doctor that one up too? Also the chocolate ? It does not say I can add any fruit such as strawberries or bananas? Would that be considered cheating ? If put them in the blender as I am new so want to make sure that won't defeat the purpose or is sugar free pudding a better idea.

For a whole month out you can't have fruit until your throat is healing--from the irritation from the air tube--and you will have an air tube, they have to do it. I just asked that very same question on Thursday when I went to see the Dietician...and the Nurse at the hosp told me the same thing. You can't even have apple juice for a few weeks--got in trouble for buying apple juice today...lol.

Thanks Larry I know I have posted alot over the last few days but it is helping me to get through :)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

[:D Best Regards

Were you told to see a Registered Dietician? I have to for 14 visits...mandatory here or no banding. (I think that is also how they got insurance to pay for the banding too)

Hello everyone,

Got back from Mexico in Monterrey today and had surgery on the 14th, everything went very well and I was up and moving in no time. Did'nt experience any upset stomach or nothing. Just bit sore around port area. On Friday I laughed so hard at one of the other girls husband that it made me cry cause it hurt but other than that I'm doing very well. If any of you are having your surgery in Monterrey, Dr. Rumbaut is wonderful. There were 6 of us having surgery that day and only 2 were a bit ill after surgery. The staff was great and very helpful. I'm on a 2 week liquid diet and then 2 weeks of mushies. Doesnt seem to be a problem at all so far. The hubby is very supportive and it would have been hard without him. Good luck to everyone, and I'll be posting soon. It's good to be home.

Oh by the way, changed my ticker from the weight at surgery on their scales, I guess mine have been wrong all along and the doc suggested I add 5 or 10 lbs to my goal cause I might blow away in a strong wind if I loose that much weight. So I'm off to a ok start with 3 lbs lost in 3 days on the liquid diet.

I'll keep in touch gonna go walk the pup he missed me.