Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Next week you will not need willpower! The soreness is a gentle reminder what I chose. After 4 weeks im sure I will be ready for a partial slice!! JUST eating the toppings off will be heavenly!!

'The muscle milk is good too, but it has 11 gm. of fat in one premixed drink container"- THANK GOODNESS that will be the only thing that helps my survival part of liquids!!

I was wondering...why are you drinking Muscle Milk? I also read someone else is drinking Sport Pharma whey. I have to tell you to be very very careful drinking these .....they are for weight lifters....you will bulk up on these...way way too high in fat and carbs. Also.....protein produces gas...and these drinks def produce gas. (have you ever been to the guy and smelled the room where the guys are working out...omg...eggs too make you stink ..just a little added FYI.

If you need to drink a shake go to GNC and get their brand of liquid supplement...it comes in strawberry flavor, you can make it as thick or thin as you want...it is all Vitamins, minerals, Protein. It is a thick Vitamin shake (for those of you who need to drink shakes as a meal to fill you up). I also recommend Isopure...it is pure protein..40 grams...but get the carb free or you'll be in trouble.

I cringe everytime I see someone post that they are drinking weightlifter shakes..you will not lose as fast as you want. :omg:

Good luck to all and please please be careful what you are drinking!

I am post op day 3!! I am feelin pretty good! The soreness is leaving, Its easier to get up and down. No nausea. My tummy rumbles, hot tea helps alot. I have only had tylenol melt aways- so no real pain!! I get to start full liquids tomorrow- and im ready! Applesauce is the first thing Im going to eat. Have never really liked apple juice- it has saved me the last 3 days!! I went to the grocery store last night to get out and to walk around. Got various Soups to puree/blenderize. I dropped a can and some man saw me s l o w l y squat to pick it up and came over and ask me if i was ok! I explained I was fine and he was in disbelief I was out and about! I even drove myself with dh riding along to supervise I really was able!! Getting up and moving is THE secret!!

Mom of many- I hope you are good! Im sure the sunrises are beautiful in MX.

Good luck to everyone This week.

Things that saved me: Tylenol melt aways

Gas x chew/melts

Apple juice

Snapple very berry hot tea (bags)

sugar free popscicles

walking by 2 hrs post-op and then every 2 hrs

jgandg: I have a problem with the whey Protein powder mix that I buy from my doc's office. They said one alternative is Isopure, but that it doesn't have as much protein as the mix I am having a problem with. But since you're saying it tastes good, I'm thinking I should find it and try it b/c I am not getting enough protein with this other stuff. I just don't tolerate it well at all so I don't drink much of it.

My question is, and I know we probably live in quite different locales, where do you buy it? I am thinking I will give it a try on your recommendation! Thanks, BJ

Isopure is nothing like the stuff you are drinking...it is not a powder mix. It is clear like apple juice...comes in many flavors has an after taste while you are drinking it, but not when you are finished. No biggie though if you are used to consuming diet products...Isopure is the only think drinkable I have found that has 40 grams of protein...you found something with more?? What is it called?

You can buy Isopure at GNC, The Vitamin Shoppe, or any place that sells body building supplements.< /p>

Good luck!!

Bettina- Muslce milk has a carb concious lean muscle formula

It has 230cal in 11oz- 2 servings for me for the next 4weeks

11gm of fat

11carbs only 5 of those sugar

22gm Protein

no trans fats, no lactose, and 25% of Vitamins and minerals

So since this is two of my meals thats not so bad. Because of the fat it is more satisfaying. Im sure I wont be using it long term but for the short term hopefully it will do the trick. Its thin like milk, the thicker ones I cant do. Isopure is thin also, but I needed a different flavor.

has 40 grams of protein...you found something with more?? What is it called?

You can buy Isopure at GNC, The Vitamin Shoppe, or any place that sells body building supplements.< /p>

Good luck!!

New Whey by IDS Liquid Protein is 3oz, 25protein, 0carb 0 fat pre op it was great, I need a few more days before I can do the consistency. If you stick it in the freezer for 30 min its like a snowcone! I got it because of the small volume and I limited right now.

New whey by IDS Liquid Protein is 3oz, 25protein, 0carb 0 fat pre op it was great, I need a few more days before I can do the consistency. If you stick it in the freezer for 30 min its like a snowcone! I got it because of the small volume and I limited right now.

Oh yeah I know that stuff...they are coming out with a new formula that will have 42 gms Protein.

Have you tried soy protein shakes...lower in fat and carbs. Muscle milk is too fatty and too many carbs. (that is why it tastes decent..lol)

What stage are you working on? My bad, I didnt check before I replied. Regular liquid diet, right??

Isopure is nothing like the stuff you are drinking...it is not a powder mix. It is clear like apple juice...comes in many flavors has an after taste while you are drinking it, but not when you are finished. No biggie though if you are used to consuming diet products...Isopure is the only think drinkable I have found that has 40 grams of protein...you found something with more?? What is it called?

Good luck!!

Actually, the Isopure I'm drinking IS a powder mix. It's called Isopure Perfect Lo Carb, with whey Protein. BJEan, I bought my first container at my local GNC just to see if I liked it, but then I bought 3 more from this site: http://www.bodybuildingoutlet.com/zercaris1.html (much cheaper than GNC, where it was about $50 :puke:)

Bettina: Thanks! I will try to locate some Isopure - although I hate, hate, hate diet, artificially sweetened foods.

The Protein Powder I use is from my doctor's office. It is Peak Nutrition. It is "bioengineered ion-exhanged whey protein" with 3 g carbohydrates. Also contains potassium, Vit A & D, Magnesium, Phosphorous and essential amino acids. "Lactose Free Whey"

It is really good tasting - even though it has no artificial or natural sugar added. The chocolate, blended with ice and Water, tastes like a real chocolate shake. I mix the vanilla with a little s/f instant banana pudding mix, blend it with some ice and water, and it is delicious. In fact, the shakes are so good that it makes me very unhappy that I do not tolerate it well. I'm reading the label and see that per serving it is 125 calories and 48 grams of Protein. So it may not be the number of grams of protein that my doc likes, but the type of protein it contains.

I peeled off a little sticker and found the web address: www.peaknutrition.com.

The doc charges me $30 per 2 lb. container. Everyone seems to think that it is expensive, but when I consider each drink either a Meal Replacement or a drink of important nutrients for my health, I don't think it is expensive at all, especially when I compare it to some of the outrageous amounts I've paid for fast foods, sundaes, Starbucks drinks, etc. (There are approx. 30 servings per container.)

Anyway, that's the scoop, so to speak, on my shake mix. Let me know what you think - if you have some imput. BJ.

Actually, the Isopure I'm drinking IS a powder mix. It's called Isopure Perfect Lo Carb, with whey Protein. BJEan, I bought my first container at my local GNC just to see if I liked it, but then I bought 3 more from this site: http://www.bodybuildingoutlet.com/zercaris1.html (much cheaper than GNC, where it was about $50 :puke:)

Gotcha, yeah another bodybuilding supplement. I thought you were on the liquid bottled protein. The liquid only has 80 mg of sodium instead of the 320 mg that the powder has. The nice thing about the bottled stuff is that you can replace the cold Water in jell-o mix, with the isopure...get your protein and it tastes better. And then you don't feel so much like you are on total liquids...and the jell-o has the hair growing benefit -which will in handy when the hair starts to fall out. (ugh)

Oh yeah I know that stuff...they are coming out with a new formula that will have 42 gms Protein.

Regular liquid diet, right??

Yeah I start regular liquid today/this evening!!:puke:

Bettina: Thanks! I will try to locate some Isopure - although I hate, hate, hate diet, artificially sweetened foods. Yeah I can relate, but we want this to work ..especially in the beginning -before we are able to eat regular foods, we have to "suffer" a little to keep us on track.

The Protein powder I use is from my doctor's office. It is Peak Nutrition. It is "bioengineered ion-exhanged whey protein" with 3 g carbohydrates. Also contains potassium, Vit A & D, Magnesium, Phosphorous and essential amino acids. "Lactose Free Whey"

It is really good tasting - even though it has no artificial or natural sugar added. The chocolate, blended with ice and Water, tastes like a real chocolate shake. I mix the vanilla with a little s/f instant Banana pudding mix, blend it with some ice and water, and it is delicious. In fact, the shakes are so good that it makes me very unhappy that I do not tolerate it well. I'm reading the label and see that per serving it is 125 calories and 48 grams of protein. So it may not be the number of grams of protein that my doc likes, but the type of protein it contains.

Yeah I am familiar with this brand...not too bad. No way near as bad as some of the stuff I have been reading the last 3 months on these boards. Its low in calories...low in fat. I am not sure about the sodium, but only 3 carbs per serving YAY!!

I peeled off a little sticker and found the web address: www.peaknutrition.com.

The doc charges me $30 per 2 lb. container. Everyone seems to think that it is expensive, but when I consider each drink either a Meal Replacement or a drink of important nutrients for my health, I don't think it is expensive at all, especially when I compare it to some of the outrageous amounts I've paid for fast foods, sundaes, Starbucks drinks, etc. (There are approx. 30 servings per container.)

I wasn't gonna buy anything from my doc either....but hubby said, you need to be well and follow orders (which make me feel good because he is waiting for the union to call him back to work so there isn't a lot of money right now) But here is the real thing.......this is for you! You banded for you!! I don't know if you have kids, but I do and I am always doing for them and neglecting me (hence the weight gain) so treat yourself, you deserve this! You won't always taking these supplements.......so pamper yourself for now!

There are other things on the market that are good too, just research it though. I am certified in Holistic Health, Sports Nutrition (this is why I know all about these shakes and supplements) and (ugh-sad to admit) I am also certified in Personal Training. I didn't mean to come off as a know-it-all.......but, I do know about these things and was trying to be helpful...hopefully I have not put anyone off by my comments.

Honestly, I will not even use Protein Shakes after surgery..just not worth it to me. I will use the Isopure clear (remember must be zero carb) and mix it. I bought very low sodium no carb, no fat, chicken broth. But when it comes time for mushies, I have figured out how to "Magic Bullet" my chicken and fish...and even steak (which we must be careful with because red meat is naturally fatty--ha ha and it lookes like cat food!!!)

Anyway, that's the scoop, so to speak, on my shake mix. Let me know what you think - if you have some imput. BJ.

Take care!!! :biggrin1:

Yeah I start regular liquid today/this evening!!:bolt:

Yay that is great, and your weight loss so far is great too!! You must be so psyched!!! :puke:

You GO BJean!! Self-indulgent in a good, positive way is great! I watched Oprah yesterday too! Last night I actually slept on my tummy. It felt great! I am stuffed after two sips of my Protein Shake. I can't imagine even eating mushies! Is anyone else experiencing this?? As far as the Whey Protein, I bought my large bag in costco because I saw it there and it was a good price, but years ago I used to get it in GNC, so maybe you could look there for it or another health food store in your area.

Want2Lose, I, personally, like the Whey protein, I was already used to the flavor because I used to drink it a long time ago. I have to say, it tastes very different from all the other drinks I have tried so far. I like the Vanilla a lot, but lately I am favoring Vanilla over chocolate, which is a shocker! I mix it with either skim milk or Water and ice and blend. I think the chocolate is really nice, try it. If you don't like it and you bought it in Costco, maybe they will take it back. Let me know what you think!