Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

ItsGottaGo: I've been on the Liquid Protein shake diet for 2 weeks and have lost maybe 4 lbs. My stomach is growling all the time, and I've become obsessed with the negatives about the surgery. I was so convinced this was the right and proper course of action for myself, and now all that seems to be going down the drain. I'm scheduled for surgery a week from today.

If I were on the clear liquid diet and didn't lose a pound, I would be at my wits end. Hmmm. Guess I'm not being very helpful. I just sensed your frustration and decided to let you know you aren't alone! When's your Band date?

Thanks BJean. My band date is September 12th. I felt like throwing the scale through a window this morning. I am so aggravated! I didn't cheat once, not once. I don't mean to sound like a baby, but it's so disappointing, I thought I would see some loss, and the usual, nothing!

Hi ItsGottaGo and BJean. I felt exactly the same way. True, I was (am) starving the entire time, but here in the last few days toward the end of the diet, I have dropped about 3 pounds all at once, 7 altogether. Yesterday and today are Clear Liquids only, so I think I will probably lose at least another pounds before tomorrow. Stick with it, it's hard, and don't cheat! (I did cheat once, and my husband put me through a major guilt trip. "Well, you can just WALK to Nashville!!!" (from Knoxville for the surgery)) haha. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Thanks BJean. My band date is September 12th. I felt like throwing the scale through a window this morning. I am so aggravated! I didn't cheat once, not once. I don't mean to sound like a baby, but it's so disappointing, I thought I would see some loss, and the usual, nothing!

What does your clear liquid consist of??

Hi Bettina. I'm doing 3 Protein Shakes a day, using Sport Pharma Whey and Muscle Milk, sf Jello, sf ice pops, 1 boullion cube a day with Water, coffee with skim milk, artificial sweetner, diet snapple, that it. I haven't cheated once. I would think there was something wrong with it, except when I put my daughter on it, her correct weight came up.

Hi Bettina. I'm doing 3 Protein Shakes a day, using Sport Pharma whey and Muscle Milk, sf Jello, sf ice pops, 1 boullion cube a day with Water, coffee with skim milk, artificial sweetner, diet snapple, that it. I haven't cheated once. I would think there was something wrong with it, except when I put my daughter on it, her correct weight came up.

oh yikes....ditch the muscle milk..hurry!!!!! its 350 calories per serving! Are you using that with the whey Protein? ? If you are, then its 450 per serving. You are doing a body builders diet! You will end up bulking up it your're not careful (your daughter has a better metabolism than you) Not to mention The whey is high in sodium and then the boullion cube (that will do you in right there) If the whey is the only one you can tolerate, use skim milk with it...at least you will get the Calcium out of it. The Muscle Milk is also high in carbs and if you are inactive, the sugar is converting to fat rather than using it as energy. Be careful and read the labels!

Hi Bettina. My muscle milk container (premixed) says 230 calories and 11 grams of carbs. It is high in fat though, so I usually only have 1 a day. I mix my Whey with skim milk. So here I am, stupid me, getting fat and bulking up all the while starving. Shoot me now.

Hi Bettina. My muscle milk container (premixed) says 230 calories and 11 grams of carbs. It is high in fat though, so I usually only have 1 a day. I mix my Whey with skim milk. So here I am, stupid me, getting fat and bulking up all the while starving. Shoot me now.

um no--we are not going to shoot you. You are on the right track, just using the wrong materials. 11 grams of carbs is still high. If you want to lose don't use that. I like soy protien myself...not as fatty and it isn't used to bulking up for weight competitions like whey is. I wonder what the doc would say about Fiber drinks...i know they taste gritty but they are filling and the fiber is good anyway. i will look it up.

Don't fret, the only reason i know any of this stuff is because I went and got certified in Sports Nutrition ,Holistic Health ,and Personal Training. I did this because my preteen daughter was only eating an orange for Breakfast for fear of getting fat (some crap she learned from me..sadly) so I got certified so that when I told not to eat something she knew that I studied it and wasn't just blowing smoke..sad huh?

I forgot to mention my daughter is thin as a rail. She knows all about my being banded and is so excited for me..she is even taking off from work to be with me...which I am surprised and proud of.

Thanks Bettina. Can you recommend some soy drinks? I like almost all of the Protein Shakes, doesn't matter if it's soy, slim fast, Fiber, anything really. I used to drink them when I was working out years ago, so I'm used to the taste. I grabbed the whey because I saw them in costco in large bags and bought them, because I knew they tasted good. Those nutrition classes were a great idea to help you and your daughter. My daughter is only 5 right now, I'm hoping to be able to guide her down the road as well.

Thanks Bettina. Can you recommend some soy drinks? I like almost all of the Protein Shakes, doesn't matter if it's soy, slim fast, fiber, anything really. I used to drink them when I was working out years ago, so I'm used to the taste. I grabbed the Whey because I saw them in costco in large bags and bought them, because I knew they tasted good. Those nutrition classes were a great idea to help you and your daughter. My daughter is only 5 right now, I'm hoping to be able to guide her down the road as well.

I like GeniSoy they have basic flavors. But Spiru-Tein...omg ...Banana, strawberry shortcake, van., choc., straw.,cookies n cream, Rasp Royale, Peaches and Cream, Cherries Jubilee, just to name a few.

I'm like you, I can eat/drink anything diet at this point. The only thing I absolutely can't stomach is.....Weight watchers cereal...just can't--I'd rather eat the box! LOL.

Hi to all,

I too, would like to be counted in for the September banding. My surgery is scheduled for the 13th at UIC. I am on my liquid diet, and will have my barium swallow tomorrow, and the esphogeal done on the 7th. All the help and advice I can get, will be truely appreciated. Good LUCK to all of us.

Hi to all,

I too, would like to be counted in for the September banding. My surgery is scheduled for the 13th at UIC. I am on my liquid diet, and will have my barium swallow tomorrow, and the esphogeal done on the 7th. All the help and advice I can get, will be truely appreciated. Good LUCK to all of us.

Lets hang in there!!!!

<!-- / message -->

Welcome avasa! I added your date to the board.

Bettina, HELP!!!! My nutritionist told us to make sure we use whey isolate. Do you think that it really is a problem? I started down the carnation instant breakfast route after another thread convinced me it would be enough Protein. When I loaded the info into fit day I freaked out over how many carbs I drank. I need to go shopping tomorrow for a new alternative, but feel lost and don't know what to get. I've been searching for beneprotein, because I've heard it truly is tasteless but I can't find it anywhere.:help: