Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Months Out, What's The Word?

Hello All!

So now we are all about 8 months out and I was wondering how everyone was doing and any challenges or learnings you would like to share at this stage in the game. Also, Summer is on the horizon and I want to know how you are all feeling about your bodies as this season has already been wonderful, but particularly challenging in the past when I was so overweight. Instead, I am so excited about Summertime and how different it can potentially be for me as I am feeling so positive about my health, upcoming activities, feeling comfortable in more revealing clothes, and weight for it....a BATHING SUIT! What?!! Did I just say that?

So what's the word with you?

Ducker

My word right now is energy! I have lost 94 pounds and I have so much energy it should be criminal!! I am now complaining about various areas of loose skin, but I'd rather have loose skin without the 94 pounds than firm skin with the 94 pounds. I do wear a 1 piece bathing suit these days to go to the pool or hot tub, and I'm down 10+ sizes (depends on the day of the week and TOM), so I suppose I have nothing to complain about. :)

Hi I am 9 months out but thought I would comment.... I made goal in month 8 yay!!! LIfe is good-- can't complain a bit, I have my hair intact (after months of gobd of hair falling out) and I am super lucky to not have any loose skin :-) Yay!

So happy for you ladies and so proud of you! Also, about the loose skin...I have the same gripe but it doesn't hold a candle to the life I was living before the sleeve. I feel so blessed every day to have had the opportunity to improve my life quality. I am happier than I can ever remember bring in my adult life. Grinning from ear to ear!

Doing great! 83 lbs down from surgery. 7 from surgeon's goal. 27 from my own, and still moving along. I am so happy with my sleeve and my new health. Only hating the loose skin, but I think it is a better trade off than all the fat. I really want to make my goal by my 1 year surgiversary, but I won't be disappointed if I don't.

From the man's point of view I am doing great too! Down 112 pounds but still 27 pounds from "normal" BMI. Loose skin is issue and increased appetite...It's amazing though to eat in the quantities of a normal person after all of these years. I feel sometimes like I am cheating when I eat a "bad" food but now eat it in the right portion and do not gain the weight. The concept of being able to eat some ice cream without eating the entre box or potatoe chips without eating the entiore bag still amazes me...:) I am too embarassed to go without a shirt to the beach this summer...I will be one of "those guys" that wears a t-shirt with my trunks...maybe some day surgery will help me!

Well I am down 135lb and dropping slowly now. Looking into possible skin surgery. About 30-50lb from goal. I eat WAAAY less but I always have tons of leftovers after going out. If I want to avoid food shopping for a few days I can now just go to Claim Jumper's and order off the menu. Leftovers there last me 3 days, lol!

Coming just past the 10 month mark and 150 pounds gone, only about another 10-12 to go to my goal (surgeon never made a goal for me).

Life is better, easier, shopping is way more fun.

Still have alot of work I want to do to my body around toning up and getting rid of the extra rolls, but will see where my body lands on weight and then assess the excess skin situation.

Exercise is part of my daily routine and something I enjoy and helps reduce the stress in my life...life really is a whole new adventure

Also I am no longer Obese, i am purely overweight and I am ok with that.