Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have been lurking on this site since November 2011 when my surgeon first suggested the sleeve. I thought I would make it official and "put myself in the books."

My story- I had the lap band placed in June of 2007. I did great for a bout a year. I lost about 70 pounds. I started experiencing reflux issues an eventually got to the point that I was having difficulty swallowing. All of the Fluid was removed and stayed that way for a long time. Once my surgeon tried to add fluid but the reflux was terrible. So in Novemer of 2011 he told me it was time to remove my band. And he also suggested converting to a sleeve. He actually suggested bypass but due to some experiences with close friends and family I explained it was not an option for me.

My surgeon prefers to do the surgery in 2 phases so in February I had my band removed and on May 22nd I will have my sleeve surgery.

For a while I wasn't sure that I was going to go through with the sleeve, but now I am pretty sure it is the route for me. I am excited and nervous and just ready for the 22nd to get here.

Hi scgirl - i'll be one of your sleeve day twins! So looking forward to the 22nd. I am starting my pre-op diet on the 17th. When are you starting yours?

I have a two week pre op diet. I started a day early on Monday. My diet is pretty much Protein drinks during the day and lean meat and veggies for dinner.

I so started on Monday well good luck my date is on the 22nd also.

i start my pre-op on Thursday - only 5 days before. I am able to have 3 or 4 Protein Drinks, sf Jello, pudding and youghurt. .5 C of cream of wheat or rice a day. That's it. But at least mine is only for 5 days. How are you both doing on your pre-ops?

I'm on may 22 too! So close. Nervous!

wow - do i ever HATE this pre op diet - I'm about ready to chew my arm off!

Just one more day.... I am still so excited and nervous. I have a lot going on right now and just feel a little unprepared. I still have to pack my bags tonight.

I am totally nervous. Not sure why - maybe it's because I haven't been eating anything but liquids for the last 5 days! But it's hard to concentrate right now. But super excited anyway!! Can't wait for tomorrow - 9:30 AM!!

In the hospital bed right now getting prepped... Nervous and excited.

How is everybody doing? I am doing ok. I was able to come home yesterday around 3. So far today I have tried a variety of liquids and the only thing that goes down easily is broth. Other than that I have been doing great. I was able to shower this morning. It is amazing how much better that made me feel.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Hi everyone... 7 days out and I feel pretty good. I still have the drainage tube in me until Thursday. I'm on the full clear liquid diet now and getting bored of broth... but I'm committed. Hope everyone else is well!

Hi to all the May 22nders. I did pretty well with the surgery and got out the next day. HOWever, I couldn't drink enough h20 and still had bad gas pains that weds. But, Thusday came and I was rid of all the gas and problems. I've moved on from Clear Liquids to full liquids and I'll be on those until 2 weeks after the 22nd. Then on to whirred foods for 2 weeks, and then, finally to textures at the end of next month. I feel great, and I'm going back to work on Weds. I've driven my car the last two days and have had no problems at all. I can drink, normally and don't have to do the sip thing - but I do exhale the air out before I swallow. It seems as if swallowing for me the regular way I used to do it - gave me too much air in my new tummy, and that hurt! Now all I need to do is find a good reliable list of how much Protein is in everything, so I can accurately chart my intake. Hey, for a 56 year old - this was a pretty great experience.

I had my sleeve on May 22 in Atlanta, didn't have time to think or get nervous, I finished the last of the testing on May 16th and had been on clear liquids for 3 days prior to the test so when a cancellation came available for the 22 they offered it to me and I took it rather than wait until the end of July the next opening.

I had lost 20 pounds prior to surgery and have lost 18 since. Goal is to lose about 150 pounds or 1/2 my total body weight.

as an update on weight loss, from Surgery date 5-22 - I am now down 24 lbs! Yea!!