Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I had my sleeve August 1st! Down 55lbs to date

post-43937-13813670598811_thumb.png

Before pic

post-43937-13813670599133_thumb.png

Recent pic!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

post-37573-13813660017989_thumb.jpg

post-37573-1381366001871_thumb.jpg

Before pic

Recent pic!

Very noticeable loss

Before pic

Recent pic!

Congratulations! You are doing great!

Great job! It is amazing how fast the weight comes off. The Nut says this is the "honeymoon phase" and to enjoy while we can. It is such an exciting journey.

My friend who is almost nine months out said we will all lose the most in the first month. So we all have to learn to be patient I guess! :-)

I was sleeved on 8/28, so I'm 3 weeks post-op today. I didn't hit the 3 week stall, but definitely hit a road bump. Only a 2 pound loss since last week, for a total of almost 30 pounds. I'm feeling like myself now, and I'm ready to do more at the gym. Walking has always been so boring to me, and it's getting old. I return to work Thursday night, and I'm so ready! How is everybody else doing?

8/31 sleever here and havent lost any weight in 4 days really sucks I am down 58 lbs from the start of my journey in June though.

8/31 sleever here and havent lost any weight in 4 days really sucks I am down 58 lbs from the start of my journey in June though.

That's great! I can't wait until I get to 60 pounds lost. I had surgery on a Tuesday, so I only weigh on Tuesdays, so I may have hit a stall and recovered, lol.

I was also sleeved 8/28 and was 175. Today I was at 160 so 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm ecstatic!

Sleeved 8-22-2012 I am one month post-op. Feeling TERRIFIC and loving my new friend! LOL :)

32 Pounds gone never to return!! Hope all of you August sleevers are enjoying life!!!

Take care and God Bless!!! :D

Sleeved on August 27th... Doing really well... I have dropped 45 lbs approx. since the pre-two week diet began ... Still having issues getting all 64ozs of liquids but try really hard to get them in!

I'm making an extra effort to get in all of my liquids and Protein. The doctor said if I don't get in all of my fluids I will become weak. He suggested getting the 20 onc bottles of Water and putting 3 in the freezer. He said cold water makes it easier to get down. Also, he said to make sure I always have a bottle of water w/ me at all times. It doesn't seem as daunting when I look at the three bottles. They aren't really that big.

The protein is important too. Getting in all of our protein is important to prevent Hair loss, muscle loss, etc. what really made it stand out as vital is the heart is a muscle. I had this surgery to protect my heart and so I'm going to force myself to get in my 60 grams of protein a day.

Oh and exercise. I do the bike 30 to 60 minutes 5 days a week BUT I just found out the first 20 minutes doesn't count in burning away fat. In addition I have to reach my target heart rate. I have a desk on my bike and do work while peddling but today I'm trying to reach my heart rate and it is much more difficult.

This 2 nd follow up with the doctor helped me realize even more how important these rules are.

Went for my 4 week post-op yesterday. Everything is healed good and I'm down 45 lbs total!!! Best decision I've ever made!!!!!

I started my 3 week preop diet at 373 on August 7. I had surgery on 8/28 at 342 and this morning weighed in at 312. So 61lbs! The only problem I'm having is that I ALWAYS feel hungry. I hope that will go away soon....but I'm firing on all cylinders right now. Just waiting for my first plateau to test my mental strength.