Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

12 more days to be sleeved... :D

Me too!! Cant wait! the time is not going by fast enough :mellow:

Hey all!

I will admit I haven't been the best about reading the posts in here since it got so huge! I just thought I'd give an update since my surgery was yesterday.

I seem to be one of the people with lots of nausea (boo!) I threw up blood most of the night. I am a revision surgery so I'm sure there's more trauma with them removing scar tissue' date=' etc...

I am feeling better this morning, it's amazing, the pain is just about the same as it was getting my band placed! It's just the nausea that's killing me! Luckily the anti-nausea meds helped me sleep.< /p>

The best thing I did was bring two of our down comforters from home in space bags for my husband and I. I didn't do this last time and the sheets were too thin here. I've been sleeping lots better with my cozy banket.

I hope all you sleevers are going great!

Love to you all

Erika :)[/quote']

So sorry your struggling with nausea. I hope tomorrow is better.

Hi everyone! I'm a little nervous about posting this but I must ask. I was sleeved on Aug. 10 and went in weighing 242 (im 5ft 3in). I also had a large hernia repair. No pre-op diet no high bp but prediabetic. When I weighed myself Saturday I was 221.5!!! I walked quite a bit and i get in fluids and Protein with no real problem. Is this normal or will I just hit a stall faster?

Hi everyone! I'm a little nervous about posting this but I must ask. I was sleeved on Aug. 10 and went in weighing 242 (im 5ft 3in). I also had a large hernia repair. No pre-op diet no high bp but prediabetic. When I weighed myself Saturday I was 221.5!!! I walked quite a bit and i get in fluids and Protein with no real problem. Is this normal or will I just hit a stall faster?

I just posted something similar . My sugery was on August 14th I weighed in at 235 today I'm 212 It almost scared me as I wasn't for sure that it was healthy but from what I gather this is normal. The advice I got was to enjoy it and though it scares me a bit I'm trying to embrace it as a wonderful start to my journey. Best of luck to you :)

I just posted something similar . My sugery was on August 14th I weighed in at 235 today I'm 212 It almost scared me as I wasn't for sure that it was healthy but from what I gather this is normal. The advice I got was to enjoy it and though it scares me a bit I'm trying to embrace it as a wonderful start to my journey. Best of luck to you :)

212!!!! Thats great. I was shocked when I got on the scale. I'm going to enjoy it definitely and its good to know someone else shared the same experience. I swear I'm so anxious to be under 200 lbs! I can't wait to do some real exercise. Best of luck on your journey. I'm from NC too!!!

My surgery was the 13th of August. I came home on the 15th. Everything is going great. I havn't had any pain meds. since Tuesday night. Just wondering how it's going for the other August sleever. I hope all went well. :mellow:

Hello mines was also the 13th and I came home late night on the 15th each day gets better still sore on my right side, but not as bad as day 1. I'm still trying to get all my fluids in I'm averaging about 48 ounces and 45 grams Protein. I can only do what I can do

212!!!! Thats great. I was shocked when I got on the scale. I'm going to enjoy it definitely and its good to know someone else shared the same experience. I swear I'm so anxious to be under 200 lbs! I can't wait to do some real exercise. Best of luck on your journey. I'm from NC too!!!

The best to you both... I'm also in NC!!!

Good luck to

8.19.12 feelsme2 Dr Ahmad NY

Hope your surgery goes well today

Day 7 (of 14) on my pre-op diet and down 11 lbs!!! Woohoo! Can't wait til next Monday to get this behind me.

Day 7 (of 14) on my pre-op diet and down 11 lbs!!! Woohoo! Can't wait til next Monday to get this behind me.

Good job! I'm on day 2 of 10... I can't wait for it to be behind me too!

Hi I will be sleeved on aug 24 2012 60-70 pounds to lose:()

Me too!! Cant wait! the time is not going by fast enough :mellow:

Runner!! Guess what??? We have 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi I will be sleeved on aug 24 2012 60-70 pounds to lose:()

I'm going in for mine on the 23rd and have the same to lose. We'll have to follow each other while we whine about losing slower than everyone lol.

3 days post op, flying home tomorrow, and boy do i feel better! Everyday I'm feeling better and better! I'm sip, sip, sipping and trying to take it easy. Everything is going just as I was advised, almost feels a little surreal. Hard to believe that I'm done! Now it's onto recovery and I'm so excited to feel better so i can start walking and running and working out in a few weeks. All smiles :)