Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

So for those who have been sleeved already this month, where are you at in your liquid intake? Even with sip, sip, sipping I feel like I'm always falling a little short of the goals the clinic set for myself.

Melly,

I'm doing ok with my liquid and Protein goals. I was able to hit goal by Saturday, and have been able to each day since. Yesterday I had a bit of a meltdown, and I had to force the last nectar shake in to hit goal. I usually eat when I'm stressed, but yesterday I struggled to get anything in. Today I'm back on track, and I'm SO SO SO excited that I get to move to full liquids tomorrow. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow just so I can have a chocolate shake and some coffee!

Just keep tracking your ounces and your protein so you can see how close you are getting.

My doctor is Dr. Guillermo Alvarez in Piedras Negras, MX (across from Eagle Pass , TX). I hope you have great surgery.

You will not be sorry! He makes this surgery a breeze. God bless that man, he is AMAZING

So for those who have been sleeved already this month, where are you at in your liquid intake? Even with sip, sip, sipping I feel like I'm always falling a little short of the goals the clinic set for myself.

Melly

Don't push yourself, it will get easier each day to reach goal. I have never made it anywhere near 64 oz. I am going potty often and my urine is light in color, that is what matters. Before you know it, you will be drinking all you need each day. Our tummy is still very swollen and healing, be nice to it :)

I have found that, for me, green tea goes down very easy and the Unjury chicken for Protein. My DR says Clear Liquids only for 7 days, then the following week I can have the Protein Shakes again. I am not even remotely hungry, so I am thankful I am not expected to put much in my new tummy.

I have to agree! I've perused other month threads, and when i saw that there were only a few 100 a figured I had missed some or something! LoL

We are lucky to have such a big, supportive group!

Melly, did you join the August private FB group?

Well Surgery was yesterday, I survived, sleep last night, and walking today I survived. Some minor gas pains in tummy area nothing that can't be handled. This surgery went off without a hitch and truly was a breeze. Of course I have already had so many pointers from SweetSusie who went in July, and then Allnewme and Icandothis 2 and 4 days ago, so I had a great idea of what to expect.

I just got startled a moment ago by the dentist and ended up hurting my tummy, and Jessica was so nice she went to get me some pain meds. My next goal is just waiting to be discharged tomorrow so I get home to my own bed and environment.

Anyone battling worries, fear, etc over this surgery, please do try to relax. I've had nothing but a great experience. No nausea, no heaves, very very little pain etc. Could not have been any better.

We have an amazing surgical team and Dr, I am so very thankful for them. Even being home now, I have almost no pain. My worst day was the day we flew home, that about did me in. I am tender around the incisions but that is it. Just tender, not painful. I can swallow now, no longer having to sip and let it trickle down. The only hard thing is getting out of bed. That still hurts some. I have been able to sleep on my side, it has only been 5 days!

So glad that you are doing so well, Jenn. Give Jessica a big hug from Joyce and Mark. Tell Dr. Amazing that I am feeling great!

My experience.....

I had so many fears. Needles, surgery wouldn't happen, I would have to stare at those bright surgery lights, the meds wouldn't work. You name it I had it. None of it came true. The blood took two minutes and I did not even feel a pinch. The IV was so simple. Lay there and get comfy Kjarlune we will come get you soon. When they did it was a simple transfer to a moving bed...we are going to give you something to relax now...can you feel it....yep, and I was out...I do not even recall being wheeled out of the room. Woke up in my bed,after surgery asking my bf why they didnt do the surgery...but they had...I have had bowel pains worse than this surgery...the only downside was I got a cold...well hello I was on liquids for a month....

So for those waiting and fearing.....let it go...this part is a cake walk....hugs..

So thankful that you are doing so well! My experience was so similar to yours. Wonderful surgeon and his team!

I was truly shocked at waking up with NO pain. I hope that your cold heals quickly! Are you back home now??

Hugs to you!!

fixed a small hernia. Pain meds will be helpful.

I might need to have that done. If you don't mind me asking: what kind of hernia and did it cost extra? If so, how much?

My experience.....

I had so many fears. Needles, surgery wouldn't happen, I would have to stare at those bright surgery lights, the meds wouldn't work. You name it I had it. None of it came true. The blood took two minutes and I did not even feel a pinch. The IV was so simple. Lay there and get comfy Kjarlune we will come get you soon. When they did it was a simple transfer to a moving bed...we are going to give you something to relax now...can you feel it....yep, and I was out...I do not even recall being wheeled out of the room. Woke up in my bed,after surgery asking my bf why they didnt do the surgery...but they had...I have had bowel pains worse than this surgery...the only downside was I got a cold...well hello I was on liquids for a month....

So for those waiting and fearing.....let it go...this part is a cake walk....hugs..

Thank you so much Icandothis for sharing your experience. I still have plenty of time to imagine all sorts of things about my surgery day!...thanks for helping put my mind at ease. And CONGRATULATIONS on being officially sleeved!!!!

I am sleeved!!! N was nervous for nothing. No complications... no nothing!! I should go home tomorrow ....good luck to everyone being sleeved today!! God bless

Congratulations! Wishing you a smooth transition home and into your new life!

Hey y'all!

I am officially sleeved and I am cleared to sip on clear liquids. I am sore but have walked the halls a couple of times.. It seems to ease the soreness. I'm not really hungry.. But I am sipping. Thanks for all the prayers. I hope the rest of the August 6 sleevers are doing well and praying for the one going in today..... Talk to y'all soon!!*shan*

Congrats! Keep sipping and walking and keep us all posted on your progress!

Melly, did you join the August private FB group?

I tried to join the private FB group without luck....and I forgot to follow-up with skinnypants...I know she's on her way to being sleeved now but I would love to join FB group.

Send Klyn a private message on here, she can get you on there too.

Melly' date=' did you join the August private FB group?[/quote']

I am a little nervous to do it with my current fb. I keep meaning to create a vsg Facebook account and have been slacking.

I might need to have that done. If you don't mind me asking: what kind of hernia and did it cost extra? If so, how much?

Hey Randgalt - I had a small hiatal hernia that was discovered when they went in to remove my band and perform the VGS. I'm not sure about the cost as it will go through my insurance. Wish I could tell you more. I suppose it's always a possibility for many having this surgery. I've also heard of people ending up with hiatal hernias after having WLS. I seem to recall a few friends who had the gastric bypass a few years back and were actually hoping to end up w/ a hernia so they could have it fixed and seek a Tummy Tuck at the same time. Not exactly sure how that one would work?

QOTD response from a few days back:

Since we are now a big 'ol (soon to be small) sleeve family----lets share some information about ourselves!!!

Name- Tai

Age- (if you wish) 43, but will be 44 on 8/17!! :o

Location- Long Beach/Signal Hill, CA

highest weight/current weight/ goal weight- 289/206/140

Anything else you'd like to share? I'm a HUGE Foo Fighters fan, love going to concerts, have met some of the most amazing people from this crazy online world, even met my husband online in 1999. I'm an extremely happy and social person. I love my life and enjoy my job. The one thing I am unable to get a handle on is my weight. And it is the one part of my life that frustrates me the most. I'm ready to move towards living the life I deserve to live...happy with me and my body. ;)