Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Todays's the day!!' I'm heading to the hospital for my 9:15 check-in. Wish me luck ... Talk to y'all on the side of surgery!!! Xoxo

Good luck! I hope you have a speedy recovery!! :)

Hi there I am going in next Monday the 13th of August' date=' Dr. Cirangle, John Muir in Walnut Creek. The process is going pretty well so far, I am just anxious to get it going. I have an 8 yr old and kinda don't know what to tell her about all of this. Has anyone else has to tell a kid about a

Sleeve?[/quote']

I had Dr. Cirangle also ! I had my surgery on August 3rd at Good Samartain in San Jose. Best of luck to you ! :)

I'm August 13 super nervous

I'm feeling ya!

Hey everyone......doing good sitting in hotel room waitingformfligth home tomorrow. dr A and the entire team are amazing....Klyn my sleeve sister I can hardly wait till it is you sitting there...life cha ging is defi atly one word to describe how I feel today!!!! Hugs all who have been sleeved today. Jenn and Joyce so wonderful to hug you both...I feel like a have a sleeve family...hugs and love my friends....

ME tooo....I am starting to pack , we leave Sat, in San Antonio Sunday and surgery tue,

Question to those that have been sleeved: when you are in the hospital and walking the laps in the hallways, did you need help from a friend or loved one to get around? How about getting in and out of the bed, any difficulty?

It was hard to stand up out of bed alone, my hubby would extend his arms, I would just grap on and he would gently pull as I swung my legs over the edge. I did get up one night to potty and another time myself to walk while he was sleeping. Just sit the head of the bed up and lower the bed to the floor as much as possible. The nurse could do the same thing for you if you don't have someone. The do not like for you to bend at the waist to pick up things either. That is a NO-NO. I also had an IV pole to push around and it was harder, mine seemed to know where it wanted to go!

Hey everyone......doing good sitting in hotel room waitingformfligth home tomorrow. dr A and the entire team are amazing....Klyn my sleeve sister I can hardly wait till it is you sitting there...life cha ging is defi atly one word to describe how I feel today!!!! Hugs all who have been sleeved today. Jenn and Joyce so wonderful to hug you both...I feel like a have a sleeve family...hugs and love my friends....

I cannot tell you how happy I was to meet you. My husband even said, boy, you gals sure have a bond because of this surgery! It was amazing to him to see us meet and act like we had known each other before in life. Please try to rest as you travel home, I got pretty wiped out from the airplane, as they were short flights with a layover and I did not get any rest at all. I was stressing my body by the time we made it home last night! Drink all the time, Susan says it helps so much. I feel SO much better being home today!! Home just makes us feel good :). I look forward to a day when we will meet again and be able to spend time together ;) big hugs!!

I hope that you are feeling good too!

Melly Hun, how are you feeling?

Hey Iggy! Sorry I haven't been on too much lately! I have been feeling much better. Still sore, and tired. I've been averaging two naps a day-feel like a toddler. LoL!I got discharged home yesterday morning and it was so nice to come home and to see my BABY BOY! Today during my afternoon nap the nurse manager from the 24 hour care unit where I received such terrible care the first night called me. Somewhere, somehow something must have trickled down that I was upset. I am going to write down my thoughts tonight and call her tomorrow. Feels good that someone might care.

Anyways, I'm able to drink a little more each day. Still not up to the 64 ounces, but getting there. My tummy gets upset on and off, so I have had to run to the bathroom a few times. And by run I mean wobble quickly. Still can't believe I DID IT and it's over. I still feel good about my decision. I have had a few fleeting moments of panic thinking how permanent of a decision this is, but it quickly passes when I focus on my long term goals.

How are you doing?

Good luck to:cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

loleata Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana for tomorrow!!!

This is what I came up with since the last list was posted on 8/2, if you don't see yourself, message me and I will update. If you want to join the Facebook message futureskinnypants or mczoo33.

7.31.12-txjina1

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

MsDallasSleever Dr Wade Barker

ugot2laff Dr Myur Srikanth WA

EcuaTrucho dr richard Nguyen

BarbH Dr. Medvetz Middletown PA

irainb aug 1 dr david martin

Nina88-Dr Casillas west LA

Shrinkydinkme Dr Chin So Cal

Colebort Dr Chau NJ

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr alvarez MX

mamamelly dr matthew Bettendorf MN

carlab51 dr mccarty dallas tx Shell12

shell12

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

Giinagiina408 Dr Cirangle

8.4.12-Icandothis Dr Alveraz mx

8.5.12 reetee Dr Senthil

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog Dr. Halmi in Fairfax,Va.

Tabbymonroe

sleevealicious dr nain woodbridge va

bug-indiana

dreamnslim2012 Dr david Kim tx

thickiest2thick dr david suh

ReeTee Dr S. Killeen TX

aznurse4u Dr Monash Tucson AZ

kaykay20 Dr Kim

pebbles99-Dr. Amit Tivedi

shan1201

taidyed Dr Braverman

marybethintexas

ramona1019

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

iceshayw-dr alana chock

ioleata Dr Ortiz

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

sweeteelme-Dr. Norwood Shreveport,La.

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

Dizzylizzy83 Dr iqbal

Krr Dr Maffie

8.9.12 shaniceh01 Sabrena Noria New orleans louisiana

Conniesings Dr Jawad

Remodeling.me Dr jones

Teghanleig Dr Allison Fl

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

findingme2012dr kelly Tijuana

Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

charmichelle NC

bethL dr richardson New orleans.

smithpy dr james davidson

*TrAcY* Dr Garcia TJ mx

Daddyfat2thin Dr Alvarez

Its time Dr Hata NC

8.11.12- lolo11 dr kelly mx

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

mom_24 dr alvarez mx

peacelove&tash dr douglas olsen TN

just peachy Dr adolfo fernandez

half~of~bri dr roc bauman

verticalmorey

ea2472 Dr Cirangle

mczoo33 Dr Alvarez

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

bound4bway

mczoo33 dr alverez

atelux17 Dr Kim TX

vixkey

8.15.12-whodatfishinfool Dr David Rau Houma La

nikiw714-Dr. Kelly

jessfharris Dr Irani Bakersfield CA

8.16.12- MichT Kaiser West LA

612belly IMSKINNY- Dr. Chu Louisiana

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

sassafras dr kelly mx

dlmeekie-dr alvarez mx

losingitforgood! - Dr McKinlay

jollymom dr Almanza MX

ebe

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

kczar-dr kuhn dallas

mensch Dr Rosenthal

8.21.12-lucysmama215

Sleeveme81Tx nurse05 Dr Garcia MX

Tybeeanna

Traci670

8.22.12-minniemouse dr wayne weiss

laceyloveland Dr emma patterson portland oregon

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

irishgirl78 dr liao (23rd or 30th)

Onlyone Dr Garcia MX mandmcd-scotland

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer tammy ansley topeka kansas

Ipinch Dr Garcia

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

KRBullardRN Dr. Babineau, Tyler TX

leprechaunmomma Dr lopez/Dr. Osuana TJ MX

krbullardrn dr babineau tyler tx

bluelemons, Dr Alvarez MX

yukonmomma Dr Lopez-Ortega TJ MX

bound4bway dr. nicole pecquex

ddolphinn722

cntwt2bminime Dr Le

8.28.12 JLOR Dr David Kim, Dallas TX

Red597 Dr Eric Mallico

randgalt Dr Thomas Lavin

sarahmoni Dr Vohra

8.29.12 cantw8t2bme dr esteban

varela Dolly

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

gigimamma dr kelly mx

kimmyiet Dr R marvin houston TX

Irishgirl78

Shayrec

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

readytolose2012 dr garcia in mexico

Frza Dr Aceves

Shereebarb Dr Garcia TJ MX

Funnyfarm Dr Kelly TJ MX

Ladybuglv Dr Aceves

I had my surgery August 3rd 2012. :) I started this process August of 2011. I am 25, 26 in November. I stayed in the hospital til August 5th. My highest weight was 241. Pre-op weight was 230. Hospital weight after two days of liquid diet/before surgery was 226. Current weight 8/6/12 is 224. I am still having chest pains. And it is very hard to take in all liquids required. Seems the slower I drink the more it tastes disgusting to me a lot of nauseated feelings but no vomiting. I hope all the August sleevers go through this with less pain as possible. Good luck! :)

Have you tried the gasx strips? They really helped me with that gas pain. Keep trying different flavors of Protein Drinks, etc. Also, if you are still nauseous you could ask your doc for a prescription if it is preventing you from getting liquids in. You don't want to get dehydrated! Take care of yourself.

I'm sleeved, I've been sleeping almost all day. I've had lots of dry heaving which hurts pike a b***h. Lots of abdominal pain. Not horrible though no regrets..

Ah yes, mama had the dry heaves too. There were a few moments that I wondered if I had split open my guts. Luckily they didn't last more than a day. I'm so sorry you are dealing with that.

Question to those that have been sleeved: when you are in the hospital and walking the laps in the hallways, did you need help from a friend or loved one to get around? How about getting in and out of the bed, any difficulty?

I needed the help of my husband to get out of bed for the first two days or so. It was also nice to have him to hang on to to walk, especially at first. After that I just leaned on my iv pole, by the end of my stay I had named it Fred and he was my friend. Make sure you ask for help if you need it! No sense in getting hurt! The first few days can be tough.

I cannot tell you how happy I was to meet you. My husband even said' date=' boy, you gals sure have a bond because of this surgery! It was amazing to him to see us meet and act like we had known each other before in life. Please try to rest as you travel home, I got pretty wiped out from the airplane, as they were short flights with a layover and I did not get any rest at all. I was stressing my body by the time we made it home last night! Drink all the time, Susan says it helps so much. I feel SO much better being home today!! Home just makes us feel good :). I look forward to a day when we will meet again and be able to spend time together ;) big hugs!!

I hope that you are feeling good too![/quote']

I know it is hard for others to believe but we are all family.....it was wonderful to see you it gave me strength to do my surgery and I hope hugging Jenn gave her the strength for hers.....I am drinking

I,e crazy...caught a cold from only being on liquids so for those of you with low immune watch out with the air conditioning everywhere.....but other than that I am feeling good....we will see each other again soon.....just much smaller......hugs and love!!,,,

I was just thinking about those that went today. Hope they are too busy walking the halls to post. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

Thanks!!! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning.