Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

By the way I dont have a preop diet. They just suggested that i eat light this week and make sure i take a laxative and have liquids only on thursday.

Hey everyone.....so glad our sleeves are doing good....I am resting at hotel night before surgery.....not nervous yet......hugs all

So glad to see you online. I have been thinking bout you today. I want to wish you the very best tomorrow. I know you are going to do great. Joyce mentioned that we may not be able to meet. She said Jessica would do her best to see that you and her meet, but that when you get there, they are leaving. So the same may be for you and I. If I don't get to meet you in person, just know I am giving you a huge hug in thought and maybe one day we will meet in the future.

How are things going for you?

Hi!!! *waves*

I'm an August sleever. My surgery is 8/21. Start my liquids only diet (Optifast) on Tuesday. Excited & nervous.

Welcome glad to have you here

Alright...I'm in, too! Scheduled for August 20....starting the liquids on Monday....here we go!

Welcome its a great supportive bunch

Hey everyone.....so glad our sleeves are doing good....I am resting at hotel night before surgery.....not nervous yet......hugs all

so excited and nervous for you...my prayers are with you my Angel Sister

Can't believe I've overlooked this thread for the past few weeks. I am on day #11 of my 2 week pre op diet. Scheduled for surgery bright and early Monday morning, 8/6 with Dr. Braverman from the NEW Program. Hospital is about 15 mins from home which makes things much easier.

I'm excited. Nervous. Hungry. and Ready!!! :D

Good luck and let us know how you go

So glad to see you online. I have been thinking bout you today. I want to wish you the very best tomorrow. I know you are going to do great. Joyce mentioned that we may not be able to meet. She said Jessica would do her best to see that you and her meet' date=' but that when you get there, they are leaving. So the same may be for you and I. If I don't get to meet you in person, just know I am giving you a huge hug in thought and maybe one day we will meet in the future.

How are things going for you?[/quote']

I hope we meet..I think we will cause Rosie is the only driver....I am good...great hotel....going to bed soon...hugs!!!!

I realize I am extremely late to this party, but nothing like a grand entrance, right?? I will be sleeved August 31 in Tijuana with Dr. Garcia. I am so excited for all of us ;)

Hello! Sleeved yesterday, feeling tired and nauseas. Pain mainly in right side of abdomen. Doctor said probably from cutting muscles. I sleep a lot, thanks to the phenergan for nausea. On oral pain meds, and have had my bariatric first meal. I have walked a lot, try to walk at least every 2 hours. Nurses are awesome. Doctor great.

Wow, congrats, sounds like you are doing good...

Hi guys I'm new here , and yes my date it's 8/17 ... Im so nervous I can't even explain . Having this surgery it's what I wanted since a couple of years ago n now it's right around the corner and I can't enjoy being exited

Because I'm so nervous . Anyways good luck to all of us ... ;)

I think we all flit around with being to nervous lol I know that I go from pure zen about my choice and pure head case. I think as you see the sleevers who have done it before you from the group it will become more empowering. Hang in there, we are all here for you ;)

Icandothis is up to bat tomorrow ! Good luck keep us posted!!!! Praying for u!

August 30 here! I'm so excited and terrified all wrapped up into one.

I realize I am extremely late to this party' date=' but nothing like a grand entrance, right?? I will be sleeved August 31 in Tijuana with Dr. Garcia. I am so excited for all of us ;)[/quote']

Welcome ....and it's never to late! This is an awesome group!

Hello everyone!!! I'll be sleeved on August 28th!!! Super excited. I'm 29 years old' date=' 5"7 and weigh 230![/quote']

Welcome! You'll find this group so supportive!

Hi guys I'm new here ' date=' and yes my date it's 8/17 ... Im so nervous I can't even explain . Having this surgery it's what I wanted since a couple of years ago n now it's right around the corner and I can't enjoy being exited

Because I'm so nervous . Anyways good luck to all of us ...;)[/quote']

Welcome Ebe. Greate to have you join the group....wonderful group if people!

Stormwarning' date='

You can always PM me on FB if you need to tak about anything. Seriously, the drugs they give are awesome!! They really are amazing! I feel a slight pain on my left side(where stomach was removed). I got up and walked the about 5:15 because I had some slight chest pain. It was nothing compared to the way I have heard it described. Dr.A is so caring (his looks aren't bad either). He told Mark that my surgey was beautiful, my liver looks great.

Jessica is wonderful. She took Mark out to lunch and he really liked her too. All the staff are very kind. Most of the ***ht nurses speak very little or no English and they are in and out all ***ht long. Can't carry on casual conversation with them at all. Jesus is the one that takes care of Dr.A's patients, he speaks English very well. I just cannot tell you how I am amazed that I did this and i am so happy !!! You will be too. It is just such a good feeling!

I know that your are ICandithis will be the same after it is over. The mouth dryness is the worst thing but i just wet a washcloth and wiped my lips, swished and spit Water, I use blistex medicated cream on my lips (not waxey or greasy ) and I also bought a tube of the spray mouth freshener Binaca. Those have been life savers for me so far! I keep them with my glasses in a clam shell large case and the stay right beside me in the bed.

I will keep you posted on my day today![/quote']

What an amazing inspiration you are! I sincerely hope mine goes as smoothly! Congratulations!

Hi guys I'm new here ' date=' and yes my date it's 8/17 ... Im so nervous I can't even explain . Having this surgery it's what I wanted since a couple of years ago n now it's right around the corner and I can't enjoy being exited

Because I'm so nervous . Anyways good luck to all of us ...;)[/quote']

Hey ebe...I'm on the 18th. Keep us posted on how it goes!!