Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Hi :) I'm pretty new here...

My surgery is on August 7th with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.< /p>

It has been so comforting and encouraging following all of you! :wub:

Welcome to our August forum Loleata. We do have a very wonderful group here, and its some of the best support around. This group has become super special to us all. Best of luck on your soon to be surgery.

Hi :) I'm pretty new here...

My surgery is on August 7th with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.< /p>

It has been so comforting and encouraging following all of you! :wub:

Awesome! My surgery is on August 7th :) we're almost there

Guest deleted_user

Welcome to our August forum Loleata. We do have a very wonderful group here, and its some of the best support around. This group has become super special to us all. Best of luck on your soon to be surgery.

Just joined the group. I'll post there now. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! So excited!

Awesome! My surgery is on August 7th :) we're almost there

Yay! 5 more days! I am so nervous but I cannot wait! My surgery is at 9am, how about you?

Quick up date... I am sleeved: :)) woke up in no pain whatsoever. DrAlvarez told hubby that is good!

Very groggy now so I writ more later!!

Congratulations! So glad everything went well.

Sleeve sisters I had my pre op today and I only have to do the liquid diet only 2 days before....I'm so realived can't wait for the 14th!!!!!

Good Morning...

We are heading to Orlando, Fl today for my pre-op eval and hospital registration...

Praying for Made2beme this morning..... :)

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day....

Stormwarning,

You can always PM me on FB if you need to tak about anything. Seriously, the drugs they give are awesome!! They really are amazing! I feel a slight pain on my left side(where stomach was removed). I got up and walked the about 5:15 because I had some slight chest pain. It was nothing compared to the way I have heard it described. Dr.A is so caring (his looks aren't bad either). He told Mark that my surgey was beautiful, my liver looks great.

Jessica is wonderful. She took Mark out to lunch and he really liked her too. All the staff are very kind. Most of the ***ht nurses speak very little or no English and they are in and out all ***ht long. Can't carry on casual conversation with them at all. Jesus is the one that takes care of Dr.A's patients, he speaks English very well. I just cannot tell you how I am amazed that I did this and i am so happy !!! You will be too. It is just such a good feeling!

I know that your are ICandithis will be the same after it is over. The mouth dryness is the worst thing but i just wet a washcloth and wiped my lips, swished and spit Water, I use blistex medicated cream on my lips (not waxey or greasy ) and I also bought a tube of the spray mouth freshener Binaca. Those have been life savers for me so far! I keep them with my glasses in a clam shell large case and the stay right beside me in the bed.

I will keep you posted on my day today!

Heavenly father rain your blessings down on Made2beme and the surgeon performing her surgery, in Jesus name Amen.. Good Luck and keep us posted when able.

I wish you a wonderful surgery today Made2beme!! You will be SO happy when it is over, I know I am!!

Glad to see that you are doing well Joyce! Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Just joined the group. I'll post there now. Looking forward to getting to know all of you! So excited!

Yay! 5 more days! I am so nervous but I cannot wait! My surgery is at 9am' date=' how about you?[/quote']

I'm nervous too! But we are going to do great and will fly through this with no problem. :)

The hospital hasn't told me the time yet. They said they can't tell until the day before because of the last minute schedule changes. It sure makes it difficult to arrange for a ride when you don't know what time you have to be there!

Thanks Kimmiet,

I haVe read so much about nausea and pain from gas, so I was expecting the worst and got the best. ;) I am one happy new sleever today!

Stormwarning,

You can always PM me on FB if you need to tak about anything. Seriously, the drugs they give are awesome!! They really are amazing! I feel a slight pain on my left side(where stomach was removed). I got up and walked the about 5:15 because I had some slight chest pain. It was nothing compared to the way I have heard it described. Dr.A is so caring (his looks aren't bad either). He told Mark that my surgey was beautiful, my liver looks great.

Jessica is wonderful. She took Mark out to lunch and he really liked her too. All the staff are very kind. Most of the ***ht nurses speak very little or no English and they are in and out all ***ht long. Can't carry on casual conversation with them at all. Jesus is the one that takes care of Dr.A's patients, he speaks English very well. I just cannot tell you how I am amazed that I did this and i am so happy !!! You will be too. It is just such a good feeling!

I know that your are ICandithis will be the same after it is over. The mouth dryness is the worst thing but i just wet a washcloth and wiped my lips, swished and spit Water, I use blistex medicated cream on my lips (not waxey or greasy ) and I also bought a tube of the spray mouth freshener Binaca. Those have been life savers for me so far! I keep them with my glasses in a clam shell large case and the stay right beside me in the bed.

I will keep you posted on my day today!

Great to read your posts and know your doing good. How often have you walked to help keep the pain in the chest away? Where did you get the mouth Freshener spray? Are you usuing like the comp or ipad from the hospital? Are you using any phone service down there or just from the hospitals etc? You Dont have headache or anything right? They did all your testing when you arrived there? Keep up the speedy recovery today {{Hugs}}}

Thanks Kimmiet' date='

I haVe read so much about nausea and pain from gas, so I was expecting the worst and got the best. ;) I am one happy new sleever today![/quote']

I am so happy for you....Rosie is on her way I will be at hospital early sat....,wait for me I need HUGS'!!!!!!!!!!

Great to read your posts and know your doing good. How often have you walked to help keep the pain in the chest away? Where did you get the mouth Freshener spray? Are you usuing like the comp or ipad from the hospital? Are you using any phone service down there or just from the hospitals etc? You Dont have headache or anything right? They did all your testing when you arrived there? Keep up the speedy recovery today {{Hugs}}}

Yesterday I did not walk until late evening. Mouth freshner sprays are near the toothpaste/ mouthwash at Walmart, target, walgreen, cvs, any of those places. We have our laptop and iPad from home but Dr has IPads for us to use and this room has a PC too.

No headache at all, no nausea . Talked to dr in the hall on his way to OR and he said that comes with ice chips if you are going to have any. I started ice chips this morning and took a shower. Put on my own PJ's and started walking. They ask you to do 3 rounds every 30 minutes, ice chips evey two mins.

Tests are done right after you speak with Dr.A in his office, the walk you to the hospital and put your things in a room, take you to the X-ray and lab. Then you go to your room, get on your gown and wait for IV. I did not go first so I had a wait till about 10:30. They give you the woozy meds right after the put you on the surgery gurney, it knocked me out instantly!!! I woke up at 5PM but Jessica said she got me up and walked me to my bed, I do not remember that!

We have AT&T. But in certain parts of the hospital ou are roaming so my phone is off and I make calls from the hospital numer in our paperwork.

Let me know if you need other questions answered!