Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell Me Your Favorite Pureed Meals

I started puréed phase today. The list from my nut doesn't have any of this besides yogurt and fruit....am I missing out on cheeses, eggs, tuna, etc?? I would love to have a few more choices since I'm in this phase for 6 weeks!

None. I didn't puree a thing. I ate mashed potatoes, applesauce, peachsauce & drank Carnation instant Breakfast shakes.< /p>

I started puréed phase today. The list from my nut doesn't have any of this besides yogurt and fruit....am I missing out on cheeses' date=' eggs, tuna, etc?? I would love to have a few more choices since I'm in this phase for 6 weeks!

[/quote']

I feel the same way. I'm still waiting for my date but I will be on purée for 6 weeks as well! That's a long time! I figure I will experiment with my food processor and purée anything! Lol

I am really not tolerating my Protein Shakes now...they taste too sweet to me. I don't know what to do. I can't get by on yogurt alone!..,not for 6 weeks!

I am really not tolerating my Protein shakes now...they taste too sweet to me. I don't know what to do. I can't get by on yogurt alone!..' date='not for 6 weeks![/quote']

Try cutting your Protein shake with milk. It adds to the Protein content and greatly reduces the sweetness.

Try cutting your Protein shake with milk. It adds to the Protein content and greatly reduces the sweetness.

That is a good idea!

I eat 3tbsp part skim ricotta with a sprinkle of organic cinnamon raisin granola. I'm going to look for fat free this weekend. I still struggle with getting enough Protein. I don't like the powders and most of the bars. I did find a few things this week that I like. K2O Protein Powder (from the makers of special K cereal) and Luna bars. Both available at WalMart!

Thank you,,,such great ideas!!

I started pureed food today, and I thought I was having a banquet! For breakfast I had one egg scrambled in a little margarine with about 1/2 slice 2% sharp cheese. For lunch I had two tablespoons of tuna salad and felt very full afterwards. I think I ate too quickly. For dinner, I had some chicken from my wife's tortilla Soup, maybe a bit of carrot or two. I call it a successful day!

My favorite so far has been White chicken Chili bc it was packed full of flavor and Protein and only took about 40 minutes total to prepare: 4 cans great northern Beans, 1 lb. chicken, 2 cloves garlic, 1 cup diced onion, 2 t. Oregano, 2 cans lowfat cream of chicken, 3 cups lowfat chicken broth, 1 can diced green chiles,6 oz low fat/fat free sour cream, and 2 cups low fat monterey jack shredded cheese. Cover your skillet with olive oil, add the diced onion, crushed garlic cloves, chicken (I added whole pieces and cut up later, but you can cut up beforehand if you want), and canned chilies. I set the stove top on about 4-5 and covered with a lid and let all of this cook together. I went ahead and got my larger pot ready and added the Beans, cream of chicken, broth, and oregano and let this start heating up on low to medium heat. After about 10-15 minutes (when my chicken was cooked through) I added the skillet ingredients (I cut my chicken up at this time) into the pot so that everything could cook together. I cooked on medium heat for about 30 minutes. At the very end, we added the 6oz of sour cream and the cheese and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes and then it was ready to go. I added about a tsp of sour cream on top of Soup right before I ate it and I loved it. I will probably have this again for lunch tomorrow.

You could also add unflavored Protein powder to this mix and I doubt you'd notice it was there. Good luck!

Rach