Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! I Hate My Drain, Part 2!

So I had my appointment at 2:30 to get my drain out. At 4:00, the receptionist decides to announce that the dr is in surgery and I have to come back tomorrow! :((

UGH Kelly,

I'm so sorry...that is soooo frustrating!!! I saw your post about your drain last night and it got me wondering why some use it and others don't. I think we were sleeved on the same day?? (April 3oth) I meant to ask my Dr why he doesn't use them. Not that I wanted one, but where's all the stuff going in me that would normally be in that drain...hmmmmmm...?? I guess your body just absorbs or rids itself of it. I am still so swollen, I know a lot of it is gas but still makes me wonder. Hope tomorrow they get right to you!! :)

Lisa

I didnt have a drain either,im interested to find out how many have had them and not had them and why

So I had my appointment at 2:30 to get my drain out. At 4:00' date=' the receptionist decides to announce that the dr is in surgery and I have to come back tomorrow! :(([/quote']

Do have to go home with th blood drain still in.if so how longs that for?

So I had my appointment at 2:30 to get my drain out. At 4:00' date=' the receptionist decides to announce that the dr is in surgery and I have to come back tomorrow! :(([/quote']

Do have to go home with th blood drain still in.if so how longs that for?

Please don't get me wrong, I am THANKFUL for my sleeve but this drain is about to drive me up the wall! I was sleeved on May 1st. I really thought about that too, why some dr's use drains and some don't? I have had to really empty mine out about 2 times a day too. After about a week, it becomes very tender and I have a 2 year old daughter who thinks its funny to sometimes pull on mine lol. It must come out soon!!

I'm a April 30th sleever also. I didn't have a drain either. Not really sure what it's for but it sounds like they are very annoying.

You poor thing! I was in the hospital 2 nights and they removed my drain before I went home on the 3rd day. It felt weird when they removed it but not very painful. I don't know why you would have to wait for a doctor to remove it .... the nurse yanked mine out. Anyhow, hope you get it taken care of tomorrow (do NOT let them delay you again!).

I had a drain as well and it was the bain of my existance, I had it for about 10 days alltogether and I was counting down the day till I didnt have that stupid thing any more. That area is super tender.... So i got it out a week well almost two ago and it was the happiest day ever....it didnt hurt either (i was super scared of that) so thank goodness! I think that they decide if you have alot of Fluid inside of you or not if they leave the drain, I too have heard that some have it and some dont. I think it perhaps is just a safety precaution as it can cut down on infections and stuff too I would think if the goo isnt inside you. IDK just guessing.

But good luck I would just rip the bastard out myself if they told me that,. LOL