Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for passing the time????

Yep... forgiving is great... it is also a very personal journey that doesn't necessarily include forgetting... all of the experiences in my life had helped to shape (no pun intended) the person that I am today. I have done a lot of forgiving in my life but that doesn't erase the memories or even the need to talk about them. Soooo... back to the whole point of this little post... I'll be needing those creative ways to pass the time until my surgery... Linda... Forgiveness and Mercy are covered... anybody else???

Wow, one of the things that I've enjoyed the most about this website is that the members have been very supportive, nonjudgmental, and noncontrolling. It's been a safe place that you could get wonderful advice and encouragement. I hope that's not changing now.

Thanks for this thread..

I was 13, over 180 lbs. and a sociological mess. There was this kid, Terry who would tease me constantly every day he had me crying as the whole class was laughing. The teacher wouldn't do anything, neither would my mom.

Over the next year I lost 50 lbs. became emotionally better and went into Sequoia High School. Terry went to San Carlos High. I didn't see him for 4 years. Then I was at post graduation party and I saw a guy in a wheel chair, it was Terry. At first I didn't want to approach him but finally did. He told be what had happened, that he was at the Santa Cruz boardwalk riding the sky cars and decided to get out of the car and was hanging on the cable and fell about 30 feet thus paralyzed from the waist down. We talked about all the tormenting and the grief he cause me, he was sincerely sorry and told me how good I looked. He asked If I would consider going out with him. I said "Never in a million years". I never saw Terry again but there was some closure to that part of my life. You can imagine what I was thinking....

I have done a lot of forgiving in my life but that doesn't erase the memories or even the need to talk about them.

I can't wait to see the nude pics!~

I will try not to beat others to the punch and make fun of myself or put myself down...

This is one of the things I really need to work on. I do so love making people laugh, and I had no idea the damage I was doing to my self-esteem by putting myself down. I think it's good to be able to laugh at ourselves, but not as a defense mechanism so we can get the first punch to ourselves in... Of course, there are many laughable things about being me. :) So for me it is a fine line between the negative/positive, and I need to remember to be on the lookout for that boundary.

I can't wait to see the nude pics!~

Vera - me neither!!! You go first... :D :cool: :D

I was always a little overweight as a child (was born close to 11pnds) I remember weighing 81 pounds in 3rd grade but, I was always the tallest kid in the class, so it didn't show as much. I was never teased per say about my weight, there were some that made fun of my rear end. I had a big one (still do, or as they say a bumpy butt lol) it bothered me to some extent, but, I never let it get to me, everyone has their self confidence issues. I wore a 14 as a cheerleader, but, I didn't appear overweight, I was very curvy and a 16 in High school. The hardest part for me as far as that went, was finding a uniform that fit, just about everyone was a 5 or a 7 at the largest. I never blamed myself(maybe I should've) I blamed everyone else for not picking a uniform that wasn't so size specific. No one ever said anything to make me feel bad about my size though. I didn't pack on the pounds until about 29-33 after I got married, I think I just gave up on my appearance I think which was unfair to me and my husband, who never said anything about my weight. Bless his heart.

Okay, back to the original intent of this thread:

#?: Use Bright as an inspiration, and make a list all the fake diet "secrets" you will be passing on to those girls who've been skinny all their lives who never had the time of day for us before.

Quote from beloved Bright:

Basically, since I am losing weight so quickly, I find that suddenly all the Skinny Minnies who used to ignore me and treat me like walking fat, are now approaching me, begging for my weight loss secrets - as if now I can be part of their little gang!!! Anyhooo I amuse myself by giving them obscure "dieting" tips - like Oxtail Soup for Breakfast, or swearing by two teaspoons of ketchup before every meal!!! I tell them I eat Wasabi with EVERYTHING.....! One particularly dim woman, who probably weighs 110lbs at my height, was thrilled to hear my "secret" of eating savoury and sweet food together (cos, like, that way you can trick your body into not realising the sweet food contains calories!)....so she's eating scoops of icecream in between forks of steak!!!

My inventive obscure diet tips so far...

1. Drink 1/4 cup of castor oil before every meal.

2. Eat 2 red chili peppers after every meal to negate the calories of sweets.

3. Eat 1/2 cup of ice cream before each meal to numb your hunger nerves, and then you will eat less.

:cool: :):D

In 7th grade there was a broken chair in the corner. One day I came in late and sat down, and the chair fell apart. They'd moved the broken one to where I sat. I didn't cry because I was already dead on the inside.

I guess all the teasing isn't just about being a fat kid. It also has to do with the kind of home life we had. My mother got pregnant when I was 18 and was finally adjudicated an unfit mother when my baby brother was 7. My mom is so mental that she was only awarded supervised visits. Unfortunately, when I was growing up, nobody butted into anyone's business. Teachers would torment me because I was that skanky little fat girl who never brushed her hair or changed clothes (Mommy Dearest was never there to take care of us.) We were 3 kids that may as well have been homeless according to our appearance. Mother was alseep when we left for school and didn't get home till after we were asleep. When I was 6, I made an awful parent.

My older brother & older sister are pretty screwed up in my opinion. I think I'm the only one that wore my pain on the outside at 313 pounds. I feel great these days. F the past! Today all I have is a future!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyy will my nekked pics ever be posted...LOL ... well... maybe after a couple of bottles of wine... :)

You know Vera... I guess I am lucky in a way... I doubt I will ever have to run into any of my tormentors since I live in a different state than the one in which I was raised. I do think that what goes around comes around so I really don't spend any time worrying about "getting back" at anyone. That still doesn't erase the hurt though... oh well... when I'm sporting a thong on the cover of Sports Illustrated... justice will be served! :cool: I can only imagine what that felt like to face the fella that hurt you so badly... sounds like he wasn't a terribly smart man, but definitely getting smarter about what it is like not to be in a perfect body!

Me too Donali! I am always making myself the butt of jokes... *bonking us both on the head* We have got to stop that for sure!!!! Just this morning I was telling my hubby they should give me a pill to render me unconscious so that I can at least travel by plane... and then added... but then you would have to buy an appliance dolly to get me on! *bonking myself on the head again for good measure*

Denise... Sounds like you have a wonderful hubby there! I'm so glad that you didn't have to go through too much teasing ... still... any teasing is just too much!

Originally posted by donali

Okay, back to the original intent of this thread:

#?: Use Bright as an inspiration, and make a list all the fake diet "secrets" you will be passing on to those girls who've been skinny all their lives who never had the time of day for us before.

Quote from beloved Bright:

My inventive obscure diet tips so far...

1. Drink 1/4 cup of castor oil before every meal.

2. Eat 2 red chili peppers after every meal to negate the calories of sweets.

3. Eat 1/2 cup of ice cream before each meal to numb your hunger nerves, and then you will eat less.

:cool: :):D

OMIGOD Donali... I think I need depends because I almost piddled all over myslef when I read this!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh my gosh, I'm cracking up here. My "diet secret" is:

2 teaspoons Black pepper increases the metabolism so add to a vanilla Slimfast in the blender with 3 cloves garlic to boost endorphines that release fat trapped in the abdominal wall and buttocks. It's delicious once you get used to it.

Massage fatty areas of the body with a mixture of Cambell's Tomato Soup and orange rinds. The acidic combo breaks down fat in hard-to-lose areas transdermally (I think I made that word up.)

The hypothalaums reacts immediately to a quarter cup of lemon and vinegar (must be white, distilled) which instantly releases (make up long word with several sylabols) that sheds fat.

Now I'm on a roll! Peeing my pants from laughing.

Make your own diet patch. Brush a gauze pad with garlic paste and sprinkle with cayenne. Apply with medical tape to the backside or inner thigh. Shhh, don't share this secret because it would put the patch industry out of business. It's the same ingredients in the patch only in a holistic form.

DeLarla... I think you have turned into a fabulous woman! It never ceases to amaze me that children are left or returned to situations like yours... time and time again. I just don't understand the theory that a child BELONGS with their birth parent... for heavens sake... pregnancy cares not about the vessel it uses. I am in awe that you came through all of that and here you are with a wonderful spirit a big heart and a clever mind. Huge ((((hugs))))

I swear, this is my last one:

Get in the habit of sitting backwards on the toilet. By facing the wall, the curvature of the seat forces acupuncture-type pressure on the digestive track that immediately releases chemicals to increase the digestive metabolic rate. It's weird, you don't even have to change your eating habits but your metabolism goes hyper and pounds just seem to go away!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Thanks DeLarla... that was my last pair of clean underwear.... hehehehehehe;)

I love my hug! Something happened to me that I can't explain... must be guardian angels. Ever see Shawshank Redemption, where Andy Dufrain had to crawl through 3 football field-lengths filled with human waste to finally find freedom? That's what my teens through 20s were like when anxiety attacks took over my life. I was on the verge of ending up in an institution, then one day I suddenly started laughing and cracking up like a lunatic, looking up into the Heavens, telling God, "okay Buddy, bring it on." I put on my boxing gloves and just waited for the next disaster. The more I changed my attitude that "God only dishes out what he knows you can handle," the better I became. Today I never feel sorry for myself because no matter how bad I have it, many others have it worse. I have to thank Heaven that I weighed a paltry 313 while others are over 500. I'm blessed. And I'm not a big religious-God type girl. I just have faith that I'm exactly who I am supposed to be. My angels gave me that. And my friends.