Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Out Of Surgery, Ready To Take On The World.

Welcome Sammie! I was sleeved 4/23 and have only had a few issues. I had "slimmies" for first time yesterday, not fun! I struggle with skipping eating b/c get busy and not hungry, then I ate too fast, dud not vomit, but hadasdive amounts of slimy sputum keep burping up. Sorry to be graphic, but learn fromy mistake....go slow, small bites, feed the sleeve on regular schedule, etc. You will get a lot of great advice here.

Hello Sammie

Welcome Sammie!!!!!

I am from the Westbank as well. I am from Lafitte. I am currently living in MS. I haven't had my surgery yet, but it is close. I am going in for my pre-op testing in the morning. From there I will get my date.

Thanks everyone. It's awesome the amount of support there is.

Hello my name is Irene and I'm from Ohio. I was sleeved on the same day, April 30th at 1:30pm. My surgeon also said things look perfect and I've been feeling pretty good and getting back to some walking. I look forward to following your journey as we both have the same surgiversary date.

Yay surgery buddies!

That's great to hear. My surgery is the 29 and I am nervous about how I will feel afterwards.

Hi krenee. I think you will be surprised at how you feel post op. I was in the hospital for 3 days and walked 1.2 miles on day 5 post op. no speed records were broken but I felt food enough to get out and get some physical activity in. It really helped spur my 25 lb weight loss in 2 weeks. Keep posting for support. Good luck to you.

That's great to hear. My surgery is the 29 and I am nervous about how I will feel afterwards.

My surgery is also on the 29th...I have those same feelings.

Insurance doesn't cover anything relating to OBESITY! So I'm doing what I gotta do. I'm going to Mexico. And believe it or not I'm comfortable with my decision. The only thing Im not happy about is having to follow up with pcp.

I just got back from Mexico. Dr. Garcia in Tijuana. Nothing but praise for him and his staff. Please do not worry about going to Mexico. My wife and I had better treatment in Mexico than I have ever had during any medical procedure or hospital stay in the US! Also, neither of us have had any difficulties after the surgery! We are 5 days out and feeling great, even after flying home yesterday! If you have any questions about Mexico, send me a message.

I guess my question with having surgery done in Mexico, what happens if something does go wrong? Will your medical insurance pay for fixing WSL not performed in the USA? And what about other complications or health issues that arise from the surgery? I can see an insurance company telling you that since you paid out-of-pocket for a medical procedure they didn't support, now you must pay for your own repairs :wacko:

Ahh this just gave me some hope. I have my surgery on Wednesday the 23rd and I haven't yet seen any stories about it going so easy. Congratulations!

Hello! My name is Samantha and I'm 23 years old. I'm currenlty living in New Orleans' date=' La and I'm a full time bar tender. I was sleeved just 8 short days ago. So far I'm feeling amazing.

I had my sleeve done by Dr. David Treen at West Jefferson Hospital in Marrero, La on Monday April 30th at 7:30 am. It was a pretty easy time for me all and all. He said the surgery went perfect and there was nothing to worry about. I went to my mothers house after a one night hospital stay. I took my last dose of pain medication on Tuesday May 1st at 8:30pm. So far I haven't had any real pain to speak of.

I guess that I'm posting this to inruduce myself. When I started my jounrey I joined another forum, that I love, but have found that there is not many sleevers on there. I came here in hopes to find some of the answers me and the other sleevers are looking for.

I hope to be a strong part of this forum and that I get to make lots of new friends a long the way.

-Sammie[/quote']

You give me hope that it can be easy :-)

Ahh this just gave me some hope. I have my surgery on Wednesday the 23rd and I haven't yet seen any stories about it going so easy. Congratulations!

My surgery went so good, I almost felt guilty. I was nauseous for about a day and a half, then never again. I was walking a mile then two within a couple days of surgery. If I overdid it, then I took a pain pill and a nap. But pain pill usage was very minimal. Don't hurry through your food stages and enjoy the ride. I'm 8 weeks post op and have lost almost half of my excess weight!

Good luck!!

Thanks and good luck!