Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Out Of Surgery, Ready To Take On The World.

Hello! My name is Samantha and I'm 23 years old. I'm currenlty living in New Orleans, La and I'm a full time bar tender. I was sleeved just 8 short days ago. So far I'm feeling amazing.

I had my sleeve done by Dr. David Treen at West Jefferson Hospital in Marrero, La on Monday April 30th at 7:30 am. It was a pretty easy time for me all and all. He said the surgery went perfect and there was nothing to worry about. I went to my mothers house after a one night hospital stay. I took my last dose of pain medication on Tuesday May 1st at 8:30pm. So far I haven't had any real pain to speak of.

I guess that I'm posting this to inruduce myself. When I started my jounrey I joined another forum, that I love, but have found that there is not many sleevers on there. I came here in hopes to find some of the answers me and the other sleevers are looking for.

I hope to be a strong part of this forum and that I get to make lots of new friends a long the way.

-Sammie

Welcome!

It's nice to hear from someone else that has had a relatively easy time so far. I was starting to worry that maybe I was just a FREAK! LOL.

I was sleeved on Jan. 31st 2012. Feel free to friend me!

Tiffany

I've had a crazy easy time. It's been kinda werid because I've been known to have a really diffcult time with most things. I guess I was just saving all my luck up for this.

Hi Sammie - I'm glad you found this forum! It is crazy the amount of good info you can get here. I wish you continued success and hope you get through all of your phases of recovery without incident!

Thank you Nacy!

Good to hear from someone that had an easy recovery just after surgery. I was beginning to think no one had an easy time. Only pain! Scares me to death!! I'm to have surgery on the 21st. I've almost talked myself out of it time and time again. I want to do this to be healthier not worse. Sometimes, I wonder how I think I can do this but still keep going on with the journey though. Thanks for sharing. Please keep us informed how you are doing. God bless and Welcome!

Hi Sammie,

Sounds like we sleeved on the same day. I'm a Kansas sleever, Dr. Opie did mine in Olathe. Doing well! Good luck!!!!!!!

Good to hear from someone that had an easy recovery just after surgery. I was beginning to think no one had an easy time. Only pain! Scares me to death!!

I've had a very easy time if you ask me. Yes, some surgical pain and discomfort, but take your pain meds and don't be a hero. Get up and walk. Get your Water in. You'll be fine! IMO many people move through the food phases WAY too fast and look for ways to cheat. Many of us are needing a surgery (to cut 85% of our stomachs out) because we've been cheating for a very long time. Follow your doctor's orders and keep your eyes on the PRIZE!

You'll do great!

Westbanker too! Won't be sleeved til August. We need to set up a southshore group. There's some ladies that all meet on the northshore, but it's normally during the week. So...

Supper Excited for you! I have surgery on May 29. I hope I do not have a hard time. I work full time and have a four year old!

Westbanker too! Won't be sleeved til August. We need to set up a southshore group. There's some ladies that all meet on the northshore, but it's normally during the week. So...

Sounds good. I actually don't live on the westbank. I live in Mid City. Who is doing your sleeve?

Insurance doesn't cover anything relating to OBESITY! So I'm doing what I gotta do. I'm going to Mexico. And believe it or not I'm comfortable with my decision. The only thing Im not happy about is having to follow up with pcp.

Insurance doesn't cover anything relating to OBESITY! So I'm doing what I gotta do. I'm going to Mexico. And believe it or not I'm comfortable with my decision. The only thing Im not happy about is having to follow up with pcp.

I'm happy that your okay with it. I personally don't think I could handle it. But with a good support system anything is possible.

Hi Sammie,

Dr. Treen is great, and his entire practice is wonderful! I had lapband surgery there in February 2009 and it was a totally painless process. I lost about 60 pounds the first year. But then I left the area and it all fell apart. I am not officially a lapband failure.

I am now scheduled for revision surgery on July 9. I, too, am going to Mexico. I paid cash for the lapband, which now feels like a wasted $10,000, and my insurance doesn't pay for the sleeve, either, so I will be cash pay again.

Anyway, congrats and welcome from someone who is not very visible or active here. LOL!