Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Regret Your Sleeve?

No regrets from me. I'm 8 months out, 94 pounds down and getting ready to go to the gym for my first workout of the day. Nah, no regrets! :)

In the beginning it's normal to feel alien like. I say that because I'm still in the beginning and feel alien like. :) It's odd to not be constantly crunching and chewing that's for dang sure. The surgery definitely pushes you to find satisfaction elsewhere than the refrigerator. :) It also pushes your focus on to more important things than food for once. It's been pretty cool to see things I've been missing out on because all I could really think about was my next meal. It's been a difficult 2 weeks facing obstacles I was never forced to face before, but I'm thankful that I'm finally able to see reality through new sleeved eyes :) haha. Zero regrets; I couldn't regret something that's aiding me in living a longer healthier life.

Hang in there "esheldon"..... you'll be glad you had this done at some point and the regret will be long gone. It does suck early on with the mushy and liquid only stage, no other way to put it. But it's temporary and shall pass. When those cravings hit me early on and I couldn't eat those types of foods, it helped me to distract myself some and go for a walk, play with my kids, do chores, etc. Basically whatever may be fun and/or can help distract you from that food. Pulling for ya man!

Thanks man. I've lost 40 lbs exactly, but have stalled for four days. I'm eating foods I can smash with a fork and some others that are harder, but haven't had any beef or harder stuff yet. I still haven't gotten over the fact that I can't eat a whole burger and stuff like that. It's definitely a weird thing. I don't regret it, but sometimes it feels like a good dream and other times like a bad one.

M almost four weeks out. I've lost almost 40 lbs. love the weight loss side of things but am frustrated about how slow I have to drink and eat foods. It's driving me nuts. Don't know how I can get any real Protein going even when I can finally start to have some fish this Thursday. Am I just frustrated because it's been over a month since I've really chewed anything? Anyone else have this problem and get over it? Any help? Gum is okay but just wanting to bite into a burger or something.

First let me say congrats on the surgery and your weight loss.....Great Job!

Its normal to be frustrated. I am 2 months out and get frustrated all the time. I do NOT regret the surgery at all though. I was a lover of good flavorful food prior to surgery as i love to cook and experiment with recipes. Now I am able to eat so little that it sometimes is frustrating because I don't enjoy food as much. I didn't realize until I was able to eat normal that I had a pretty bad relationship with food.

I hear ya on the chugging Water thing to. Its frustrating to sip water after a workout. I resorted swishing and spitting it out to wet my mouth. It was kinda a mental refreshment more than anything. Then I am able to sip and replenish. (after a workout I use Powerade zero it helps replenish a little faster I think)

Good luck, it will get better its mind over matter.....

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. It's been interesting to hear them. I never felt like I really regretted having the surgery, but was (and still am) struggling with some things. It's getting better now that I'm able to eat any food. I'm now in the process of learning to eat better and focus on more Protein. The Protein Shakes are rough to get in every day, but I'm trying. How's everyone else doing?

Protein is one of my biggest concerns too. I can say a great source is Isopure drinks. They are a clear beverage that contain 40g of protein in 20 oz. I currently split a bottle into 3servings but foresee a time when I will comfortably be able to drink 1/2 bottle at a time.

The first month is super frustrating...you just really miss food! But it 100% gets better! I love my sleeve so much now and I'm about 2 1/2 months out. I am lucky to be able to eat whatever I want, but in small sleeve sized portions. Life is easier...no constant worry about food. I've lost close to 40lb and honestly am not sure if this is considered slow or not but I am more than happy. Just keep reminding yourself that you're just a few weeks away from the hardest part being over and you can handle anything for that short amount of time.

I'm 11 months out and I had regrets only the first two days like OMG what the hell did I do to myself. But now i'm so happy that I did it there is no regret in my mind that would ever have me question this surgery. I know that now when you are not eating regular foods its really really frustrating but eventually you will be eating again and say to yourself "I'm so grateful and thankful that I did this so that I won't die from obesity related problems" and that my friend is a FACT!

My only regret is that I didn't have it done sooner!!!

I agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Honestly .... I kinda wished they hadnt taken so much of the stomach out....

it's very embarassing to dine with others ....

I was hoping .... to really just be "normal",....