Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think I Am A Sleeve Failure!

OMG that is me I have been 6- 8 weeks up 5 down 2 crazy 11-17-11 was my surgery so frustrated lots emoptional drama mother in law nursing home blah blah and drinking for 2 weeks didnt help marriage is in the dumps after 34 yrs he wont touch me he comes home i dot get it there is no toher woman i dont know idont care i am on this journey for me feeling great but back on Protein this week no more booze ...............keep fingers crossed! ty

I had a nine week stall around that point, myself, and another sometime around one year out. There really are "happy weights" where our bodies just don't want to move past a certain point on the scale. It took me a really long time to get past my previous low adult weight. And once I bumped past it, it was a tiny struggle to stay below it, too! Once I was past the 160s it was like my body gave in and dropped a very surprising eight or nine pounds in just one month - something very rare for me. I flew through the 150s, though!

I see nothing wrong with the occasional drink but I emphasize OCCASIONAL - especially while in the losing phase. This is not a diet. It really is not a diet. This is the rest of your life, and if you try to live it giving up everything that you enjoy, you're going to lose the weight and be miserable...and likely fall of the wagon and binge, anyway, when all is said and done. The goal here is to learn to eat normally and normal people do not freak out about a piece of bread or a cocktail once in a while. They make small adjustments so that the big pictures if one of 95% good choices to balance the splurges.

There are so many things you could do, but the very first thing you need to stop doing is beating yourself up.

My recommendation is to track your calories religiously for three days. Do not adjust your current eating habits at all. Just track every little bite you put in your mouth. If you eat three M&Ms, track those suckers!

From there you will have a better picture. If you reduce your current caloric intake by 20% and try to eat in a ratio of 40% Protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat for your daily totals, I think that would jump start you again. Maybe you need go back to one Protein shake a day. I like to mix mine with coffee or tea and start my day that way. You definitely need to focus on getting in enough Protein and enough carbs.

Good luck,

~Cheri

I definitely agree with Cheri. Track your intake. If you are not doing that, I guarantee you will surprise yourself.

I keep MFP on my phone and I have to type it as I bite it, or my memory faiils later. Get something that works for you.

And know that this stall will pass if you do what you are supposed to (diet, exercise, eat right, Proteins first, get your Water, you know the schtuff). You can do this mama, just gotta "tweak" things a bit.

And I totally forgot about the prunes. I do those every few days, makes things 'right as rain' :)

I did it! Protein and upped cardio did weight training not as hard as i was ran 9 min mile so happy 4 pds 4 days!

Yay, that is awesome news! Hey guys, seriously, I am over two years out, and still not at goal. In fact, I had steroid injections in February for major back issues, and my body went completely crazy on me. I gained, yes, believe it or not, almost 30 pounds since August of last year when the pain started. I didn't change my eating habits, the only difference was due to my lack of mobility, I was unable to exercise. My gyno had my blood levels done, and said between being pre-menopausal and the steroid injections, my levels were all over the place. I think I could have starved myself and still gained.

Fortunately, even this far out, your sleeve is still there for you. I am still experiencing pain, but am on pretty good medications for pain now that seem to manage it fairly well. So, I have recommitted and the biggest thing that is helping me is My Fitness Pal as well. I am monitoring every bite I put in my mouth, and trying to increase my activity, as much as my back will allow, even if it is only walking. I always have my phone or iPad with me, when I am away from my laptop, so as soon as I eat something, I log it. It really does make a huge difference logging everything you eat and knowing exactly what you are putting in your body.

You just have to keep on keeping on, as long as you are still determined, exercising and eating properly, you can and will lose weight.

I have been "stalled" for over a week now and I'm only 5 weeks out! I have not only stalled but have actually gained three pounds! I have identified the problem as being too much sugar... I drink sweet tea, Apple juice and KoolAid a lot... I don't eat sweets, but I drink them! I just never thought that would make this much difference, but apparently it does! I only just started exercising yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do! I have to use ice cream to make Protein Shakes or I can't get them down... calories calories.... I'm sure that's what's doing it, now that I've read all these posts... I feel so stupid... I thought once you're sleeved, no more worries! The weight would have no choice but to come off... how naive is that? I'm ashamed of myself for not thinking about any of this as I was doing it... Glad I am reazliing it now so I can change it...

I am most definitely a gastric sleeve failure! I had the sleeve done in Nov 2012. During the transition period back to regular foods I lost about 50 pounds. Nothing that I was told previous to the surgery seemed true for me. I was continously hungry and even tho I forced myself to eat less I never had that feeling of fullness or satisfaction. Once I got to regular food I also force myself to eat less but immediately started gaining weight. I have now gained back the 50 plus 33 more pounds. After a point I got so discouraged I finally quit trying. Increasing excersize and decreasing calories did nothing to help. My diabetes has gotten worse and I am now on 2 kinds of insulin as well as my blood pressure raising. I take 2 blood pressure meds also and both diseases are out of control. Unforturnately this procedure is not reversible. I wish I had never had this done. I hate my life now.

Don't worry, you body is having to reset, I stalled for 3 weeks ( only lost 3 lbs!) I was losing 5-10 a week, so I changed things up, re though my work outs, while I was eating great, I cut my cal down by 200, and 2 days ago I started losing again. Just change it up. I had a friend get stick at 187 for months! Last 6 weeks she dropped to 158 ( she is short 158 is my goal but far from hers lol) . While I still have a long way to go these last few weeks I looked back at how far I had cane to power me threw the stall.

Thank you everyone! im gonna try doin Protein and Water for the next five days and see what happens. also this might be gross but what do u take to have a bm cause that isnt a regular thing anymore.

Hemp Protein powder HI Fiber. Stuff is amazing!

How are you doing now? I see your original post was in 2012. Did you get back on track?

How are you doing now? I see your original post was in 2012. Did you get back on track?

no got worse now I'm trying to lose 40 lbs and back to dieting

Drink more Water plain and simple ?! You may not feel thirty but when you are thirsty your brain confuses the signal saying your hungry ! You need lots of water to flush fat

My surgeon says ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL for the first year and then only in small amounts after. I know when I drank alcohol before I was sleeved and "ate well" my weight wouldn't budge or it would increase. Alcohol really does a number on the body. I would recommend stopping alcohol altogether until you reach your goal. I love red wine, but I have no intention of having any until after I've hit my goal. I just don't want to fall into my old habits of just having one glass a night before bed. It stalled me preop and I have no doubt it would stall me now. Since surgery, I haven't even craved it. I guess we will see where I am in 6 months, but I personally am not opening that door! Good luck, I hope you can get yourself back on track. Just remember the sleeve is a tool, not a quick fix. We are all in the same boat. I wish you well.