Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi Misty, how are you? How much have you lost now? You must be at goal by now?[/quote{

I'm doing great! I'm below my surgeons goal (just) but wouldn't mind losing another 5. I've been maintaining for several months and I'm very happy! Just started a new job less than a month ago and having a great time!

Edited by mistysj

I am in Jacobs Ridge ..... what about you?

I am in Ormeau too. I am coming up to my 1 year anniversary next month on the 15th (I think it was). Funny how I was hanging for day and now cant even remember lol. I have gone from 97kgs to 63 kgs and really didn't try very hard so hang in there and it will happen for you too.

If you want to chat or catch up sometime email me - kathleen23@internode.on.net

Where do you live?

I am in Ormeau!! How you doing? I am feeling like all I do is drink!! But other than that all very good. Managing pain with panadol.

Would love to arrange a catch up with anyone local. I had lap band in 2008 but I ran into problems in Dec 2012 and had my band out (which had stuck to my liver!!) in April and sleeve done in June 2013. I was really successful with my band but am about 5 kgs less now than I was in my banded days.

All in all I am glad I am were I am tody ad not where I could have been. Email me and say hi if you like :-)

Hi, I am in Main Beach. Always up for a catch up with fellow sleevers. Coming up to my two year anniversary in August.

Hi everyone,

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. It has been ridiculously busy here. So many changes!!

For those of you who don't know me, here are my stats:

Starting weight - 173kg

Date of surgery - 4.9.12

Months since surgery - 21 months

Current weight - 76kg

Surgeons Goal weight - 93kg

Goal weight - 69kg

Height - 175cm

Exercise - I have this ongoing issue with exercise. I do really well for a while and then it all falls in a heap. But I wonder if that isn't normal :) I make sure that I do my weight training and basic yoga exercises (about 20 minutes) every day but I had been running but that has fallen by the wayside recently.

food - I am going to be really honest. I do not make awesome choices every time. I try to make good choices most of the time but to be honest some days are better than others. I worry about this sometimes but again, when I think about my friends who are normal weight, they do the right thing most of the time and have little "splurges". It is funny, but I get really concerned by eating foods that used to be a problem for and tend to try to avoid them at all costs. My main weakness is flake chocolate. It has been forever. I can't eat much (one small piece at a time) but I have some pretty much every day. I am still losing weight which is great. I probably would lose more faster at this stage if I exercised more and skipped the chocolate but I am not really all that worried about that. It is more that I get concerned I will fall back into bad habits.

I wonder if this is something other sleevers experience?

I wonder if I fear that it is all too good to be true and it will go back to the way it was before. It's been almost two years but I still live with this concern.

I admit that I weigh myself every day (I know, probably not healthy). I don't make food decisions based on the scale but if I have several days in a row, I look closely at my food journal to see if there is a pattern that I should be concerned about.

The flip side to this is that I still forget to eat lol. You would think I had learned by now, but I almost passed out at work today. It was not just that I hadn't eaten yet today but the fact that I haven't been eating properly for several days. I have been stressed and busy (explanation a little further along) and I just haven't been hungry. Plus I have mostly been eating steamed veggies this week because they don't seem to cause me any nausea, like other foods have been. Anyway, I know it was my own fault what happened today but it was a good wake up call that I have to take better care of myself.

So the reason for the stress and excitement is that I got a new job promotion, this time back in QLD working in Toowoomba and I move on WEDNESDAY!! It is so exciting and I am very pleased but it has been very busy on this end getting things ready both at work and at home.

Finally, the other exciting news is that I am going on a holiday to Fiji in July. Before the surgery I would never have gone but now I am so excited about looking for a wardrobe to wear whilst I am away and I am already thinking about where else I would like to go in the future!!

I think that is the thing that the sleeve has done for me - the barriers that I have put on myself most of my adult life are now gone. I have to challenge my "old" thinking and try new things and it is thrilling, exciting. I am so pleased that I had the sleeve, even though it was a sucky beginning to things, but my life is so much better now, I still find it hard to believe!

So for those of you new sleevers - congratulations and welcome. I found the first few weeks incredibly hard but it will get better.

For those of you on the forum who are thinking about it, know that we often talk about the difficulties on here but we often forget about the triumphs and it can give a skewed perception of life post-sleeve. I can't tell you how much better my life is now - and it is worth every second of difficulty to get here.

For those of you that are interested, here is a current photo and a before shot :)

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to catching up with you soon!!!

Best wishes, Lissa

post-196820-0-49505000-1401101868_thumb.jpg

post-196820-0-28493400-1401101936_thumb.jpg

Lissa we have so much in common right now. But I'm so happy about your promotion and your trip. You are doing so well! And I struggle with everything you struggle with and I think we are actually normal! Who would have thought?

Let me know when you will be in Brissie and we will do a coffee or lunch. XX

I am in Norfolk village:)

Small world eh! My eldest 2 go to Norfolk school.

Lissa, You are amazing!! I have followed your journey and I think you are a true inspiration. Congratulations on all your hard work:) Dal

Ps pls keep popping in all you older sleevers. Love hearing how you are going! X

Edited by kadybug

Btw what did you guys all eat on your purée stage? I know obviously Soup but what other things did you try? I am allowed liquids and puréed food until 2 weeks then soft food!!

Soup is good for now but I am getting a little bored !! Thanks guys

Btw what did you guys all eat on your purée stage? I know obviously Soup but what other things did you try? I am allowed liquids and puréed food until 2 weeks then soft food!!<br> Soup is good for now but I am getting a little bored !! Thanks guys

Hi! I ate stews etc but I puréed them in a blender so no lumps. Basically, if you have to chew you need more blending! Just think baby food consistency, then toddler food consistency for the next stage...and chew!! I also bought meals and blended them, just make sure they are the high Protein, low fat and carb options.

Use my fitness pal app. It is great for keeping track of your goals.

I've found that burping and high chest tightness is my sign for being full too, if that helps :)

Good luck and go easy to start with.

My boys go to Norfolk and are in Prep and Year 1

I am in Norfolk village:)
Small world eh! My eldest 2 go to Norfolk school.

My boys go to Norfolk and are in Prep and Year 1

I have 1 in year 3 and 1 in year 1 also!

Edited by kadybug

Hi Misty! I will absolutely get in touch when I am in Brissie next. I would love to catch up!! Cheers, Liss

Lissa we have so much in common right now. But I'm so happy about your promotion and your trip. You are doing so well! And I struggle with everything you struggle with and I think we are actually normal! Who would have thought?

Let me know when you will be in Brissie and we will do a coffee or lunch. XX

Thanks so much :) I am glad that you have found my posts useful!!! I know that I used to be addicted to this site and I still read every post (as they come in an email alert) but because I haven't installed the app on my phone since the site changed, I don't respond as much as I used to!

I will definitely be keeping an eye on the site but from tomorrow I will be maintaining "radio silence" as I am moving and getting internet connected might take a week or two. But I will be back online :) Just watch this space!!

Best wishes to you all! Cheers, Liss

Lissa, You are amazing!! I have followed your journey and I think you are a true inspiration. Congratulations on all your hard work:) Dal
Ps pls keep popping in all you older sleevers. Love hearing how you are going! X

Btw what did you guys all eat on your purée stage? I know obviously Soup but what other things did you try? I am allowed liquids and puréed food until 2 weeks then soft food!!<br> Soup is good for now but I am getting a little bored !! Thanks guys

You're lucky. I have one more week of liquids then 2 weeks of purée then 1 week of soft foods. I am SO over liquids!

You're lucky. I have one more week of liquids then 2 weeks of purée then 1 week of soft foods. I am SO over liquids!

I am bit sick of liquids too! I haven't had anything but Soup and custard.

You should check out my surgeons website (drvictorliew.com) he has all the info on the after surgery diet that I have to follow.

we are allowed purée too but I don't know what I should purée so I just make different Soups every couple of days.

Can't wait to move to soft next wed!!!