Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I'm just over 7 months now and I'm down from 142.5kg pre-op to now at 99.5kg. My monthly loss is as follows:

May/June: 13kg

July: 5kg

Aug: 4.4

Sept: 6.4

Oct: 4.5

Nov: 4.7

Dec: 3.3

I haven't had any stalls that others have had but I have had some weeks where I only lost .3kg etc. I'm very happy with how I'm going and so is my surgeon.

I'm with Misty that I'm doing this as a lifestyle thing and not a crash diet either. As long as your happy with yourself it's fine.

Thank you all for your imput. You have all done wonderfully. And bec 99.5 wow you must of been stoked to crack the hundred i know i cant wait.

So from the figures everyone has given me the average monthly weight loss is a little over 5kgs. (this isnt exact because i dont know exactly how many weeks in each month and whether they were whole or partial months, lets just call this a roughly worked out guesstimation). 5 kgs a month seems like a great result to me, well done.

And might i say between the five of you, you have lost 163.5 kgs.. Now thats alot of weight, you guys a such wonderful inspiration!

Thank you all for your imput. You have all done wonderfully. And bec 99.5 wow you must of been stoked to crack the hundred i know i cant wait.

So from the figures everyone has given me the average monthly weight loss is a little over 5kgs. (this isnt exact because i dont know exactly how many weeks in each month and whether they were whole or partial months, lets just call this a roughly worked out guesstimation). 5 kgs a month seems like a great result to me, well done.

And might i say between the five of you, you have lost 163.5 kgs.. Now thats alot of weight, you guys a such wonderful inspiration!

I was so excited that at 5am I ran and jumped on my hubby and told him.....he was asleep lol. This has been the best thing I have done for myself. I'll send u a copy of my mesaurements/weight spreadsheet if u like. As I weigh in every Monday and write it in and then every month I do my mesaurements. So just let me know if u want to have a look

I was so excited that at 5am I ran and jumped on my hubby and told him.....he was asleep lol. This has been the best thing I have done for myself. I'll send u a copy of my mesaurements/weight spreadsheet if u like. As I weigh in every Monday and write it in and then every month I do my mesaurements. So just let me know if u want to have a look

I would love to have a look, I really do find it all very interesting, hope i can be part of the stats soon but only five weeks out there's not much data there. And I would love to use your spreadsheet for my self if that would be ok. I have been meaning to make one my self but just haven't gotten around to it.

Hi all :)

Sorry again that I've been off the boards for a while. I can't get the app to work properly on my phone (probably me and not the app really - I have the silicon death at the moment) so I get the email alerts but can't respond. However I lost the bulk of my weight in the first 12 months, with the first 6 it was coming off like you wouldn't believe :)

I have about 5-8kg to go but I am not sweating it too much around the number. I am just pleased that I am in a healthy weight range - ish. lol. My BMI is 25-pooint-something which is as close to a healthy BMI as I've seen in almost 20 years, so I am going to call it :)

My biggest struggle continues to be exercising regularly. After my holidays its dropped right back off and as a consequence, I have been feeling sluggish and yuck. The scales also tell me that I have put on 400g but I am not sweating that too much as I know that can just be a bit of Fluid retention. But I will keep an eye on it.

I bought a puppy though last weekend. He is gorgeous, a Bison Frise - he is so small he looks like a toy :) But he is gorgeous and I love him. I will start to take him on little walks which I hope will help promote my health kick.

I have motivation to drop the last 8 kg though - have my follow up appointment with the surgeon on the 12th of March so wanna drop these last kg so I can go and say - this is what 100kg less looks like :) Vain I know but I really REALLY wanna do that!!!

Anyway, I had better get moving - just dropped in to say Hi :)

Cheers, Liss

Sydney siders we are planning a dinner in Sydney on 10 or 11 Feb at The Rocks . I will be visiting from Brisbane and would love to meet some of you who I have been talking to here for the past 18 months. If you are planning on coming PM me your mobile number so we can get in touch closer to the time. Cheers Kelli

Ok Sydney siders it's time for a get together. I am coming from Brisbane and Sueoco and Aussiegitl and Zi have arranged to meet at The Glenmore in The Rocks on Monday night 10 February at 6.30pm. If anyone else would like to join us please let me know or send a personal message with your contact number. Depending in numbers we may need to book. See you soon. Kelli

How is everyone going? We seem to have all retreated into our shells for a while on here lol. I've been at a stall for two weeks now, so frustrating but I know this to shall pass when it's ready.

I would love to but will be travelling for work that week. Maybe next time

I will try to be there - city is a bit more tricky for me than the burbs but I realise it's nice and central so best all round.

I'm coming from Northern suburbs (North Ryde) - if it's only me going ill take the train but if anyone wants a lift and is happy to share parking costs I'll drive. Just PM me.

I'm sorry I will have to miss this one. :(

Hey guys- just looking for some advice, I'm having surgery next week and just wondering if you can remember how you felt on discharge? I live alone and I'm hoping to go to my place (rather than having to travels to my family about an hour away). Dr seems to think it should be ok. Also how long til you all felt ok to drive? It's the one question forgot to ask - as to how long before that's ok...

Hey guys- just looking for some advice, I'm having surgery next week and just wondering if you can remember how you felt on discharge? I live alone and I'm hoping to go to my place (rather than having to travels to my family about an hour away). Dr seems to think it should be ok. Also how long til you all felt ok to drive? It's the one question forgot to ask - as to how long before that's ok...

Just make sure you have everything you need at home. Panadol, broth alternative drinks In case you can't tolerate Water because you won't feel like going out for a few days. Everything will take twice as long so just take it easy and remember to stay hydrated.

Also make sure you get any prescriptions that the Dr gives you filled at the hospital pharmacy. Having everything you need at home will make life so much easier for you.