Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Welcome! A sleever called Shell used to post here and I think she lives out that way. Maybe she will pop in and say hello. :)

Shelley lives near Forest Lake. She checks in sometimes. I will text her and suggests she links in with Gorgeous Curves.

Hi everyone, I am wanting to get the Gastric Sleeve done thru Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane. I have an appointment with him on the 4 Feb 2014

Does anyone know how much the procedure would cost? I will be a private patient in a public hospital.

TIA Emma

Hi all,

Anyone put on weight when they started to eat 'real' food again?

I normally put on weight with 'that time of the month' but I didn't think that would happen with this surgery.

I am only 3 weeks out and I put on 1kg, I just don't even see how it is possible with the little amount u can eat.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I normally put on weight with 'that time of the month' but I didn't think that would happen with this surgery.

I am only 3 weeks out and I put on 1kg, I just don't even see how it is possible with the little amount u can eat.

Any ideas?

Hi Ditdee I fluctuate around 1/2 to 1 kg each month for a couple of days, then it goes away, think it's more about Fluid retention than the quantity your eating

Have a safe and fun New Years Eve every one, hope 2014 brings you all you deserve

Happy New Year Everyone

Hi everyone, I am wanting to get the Gastric Sleeve done thru Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane. I have an appointment with him on the 4 Feb 2014<br><br> Does anyone know how much the procedure would cost? I will be a private patient in a public hospital.<br><br> TIA Emma

hi emsy - cost will depend on your surgeon. I had my surgery done in Sydney in July 2012 and total out of pocket cost was (at that time) $5400. It was $4950 to the surgeon and I am with HCF so my hospital was covered but I had a $450 excess on my policy so had to pay that to the hospital.

The clinic included 1 year follow up with a dietician, psychologist, physiotherapist (multiple appointments or as required). I just found out that these visits can be claimed back through my health fund or Medicare which I haven't done yet!

I have heard that it is possible to apply to get money from your super for the out of pocket if you have co-morbidities relating to your weight. I didn't know that at the time but had the money to pay for anyway. It is always an option if you can't afford the out of pocket.

Cheers Sue

Happy New Year to all! Isn't it great to be off that "I must lose weight this year" roller coaster!

I have thought that so many times lately!

Happy new year!

gorgeous dress Misty. You look fabulous. Hope you had a wonderful night at the jazz club! Happy 2014.

Thanks it was a blast!

All, I am cutting back the amount of time that I spend on this site. One of my goals for 2014 is to find balance in my life and that means spending less time in front of the computer. I am not quitting completely as i don't want to lose touch with you. If anyone wants to add me on Facebook please send me a PM with your name or email and I will add you. People say they have trouble finding me on Facebook.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I have not been back here in a while but still see all your updates come through to my phone.

Good to see some more newbies come in and the "oldies" still around :)

Everyone is looking and doing amazing.

I admit to having lost my way for a little bit. After the prolonged recovery from the plastic surgery (where no exercise was allowed), quickly followed or concurrently with a very stressful period of work (travelling constantly/demanding clients/long long long long hours) and then overseas trip and Christmas (read alcohol period) I admit to having lost my way for a bit, and found I have put on 5 kgs from the lowest I have been. Strangely tho I dont look like I have (but go figure).

So much for getting off the weight rollercoaster, i think for me it is life balancing act. I am back into it and back to trying to get into 2 work outs a day (a kick starter so to speak), as I know how hard I still have to work, but 5kgs is better than 75kgs. And now I do know that I can do it, through eatting better and exercising more (besides I do feel better emotionally when I am exercising) and I have two 5km runs to get ready for at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb.

I hope everyone is well.

Hi ditdee it happened to me. My dietician said my body was in shock after the surgery and doing what it does really well...holding onto calories.Lol! Stick to the rules and the maths will win. Even my body couldn't hold onto the fat with the very low calories we are on. Like merry1 said Fluid retention is a big issue. My scales stall, go up a kilo (even when the cms are dropping) and then suddenly I will lose a few kgs all at once. So definitely expect hormonal puffiness and stay focussed on your fabulous long term goals :)

Hi all,
Any ideas?

Hi Aussiegirl! So good to hear from you!! You are so determined and self disciplined I know you will drop those 5kg in no time. Are you happy with your plastic surgery? Any tips for us?

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I have not been back here in a while but still see all your updates come through to my phone.

Good to see some more newbies come in and the "oldies" still around :)

Everyone is looking and doing amazing.

I admit to having lost my way for a little bit. After the prolonged recovery from the plastic surgery (where no exercise was allowed), quickly followed or concurrently with a very stressful period of work (travelling constantly/demanding clients/long long long long hours) and then overseas trip and Christmas (read alcohol period) I admit to having lost my way for a bit, and found I have put on 5 kgs from the lowest I have been. Strangely tho I dont look like I have (but go figure).

So much for getting off the weight rollercoaster, i think for me it is life balancing act. I am back into it and back to trying to get into 2 work outs a day (a kick starter so to speak), as I know how hard I still have to work, but 5kgs is better than 75kgs. And now I do know that I can do it, through eatting better and exercising more (besides I do feel better emotionally when I am exercising) and I have two 5km runs to get ready for at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb.

I hope everyone is well.