Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thank u everyone, I'm impressed with the support you all give to a complete stranger!!

I'm feeling a bit better today and tried to keep my mind a bit more occupied and I think that helps. My real problem now the pain has settled a little is what to drink everything really just sounds or tastes disgusting.

Sueoco you look fabulous! I haven't seen any before photos of you and I can say you look like you were never big in the first place. Just a beautiful healthy women! That give me hope!!

Cheers

OMG Sue - you look amazing!!!! You both do!! What a stunner!

I am off to the races on Saturday - a friend has set me up on a blind date so we will see how that goes :) Will post some photo's :) With any luck I will look half as amazing as Sue does!! Cheers, Liss

Ditdee - so glad you are feeling a bit better - I can tell you I had to force myself to drink those Protein shakes post op - picture me holding my nose! You have to tell yourself it is for a short period of time compared to the rest of the fabulous life you are going to have! Thanks for the compliments - I can't quite believe it myself really - still pinch myself when I buy clothes now.

Liss - You are so kind! Have a great day at the races - I am sure you will impress - just be your beautiful self and you will bowl the guy over. You do know that you have a very pretty face and the body to match now - believe it girl!

Tme for some updated photos. Off to my husbands Christmas party - theme was Gold and Glamour!

Sue you look lovely and very happy.

Thank u everyone, I'm impressed with the support you all give to a complete stranger!! I'm feeling a bit better today and tried to keep my mind a bit more occupied and I think that helps. My real problem now the pain has settled a little is what to drink everything really just sounds or tastes disgusting. Sueoco you look fabulous! I haven't seen any before photos of you and I can say you look like you were never big in the first place. Just a beautiful healthy women! That give me hope!! Cheers

So glad you are feeling a little better. Every day it will get easier. Regards drinking, just try lots of different things and I found cold drinks easier to tolerate. You don't need to worry about counting calories, so even a chocolate milk is allowed at this stage as you will only drink a small amount and hopefully you will enjoy it.

OMG Sue - you look amazing!!!! You both do!! What a stunner! I am off to the races on Saturday - a friend has set me up on a blind date so we will see how that goes :) Will post some photo's :) With any luck I will look half as amazing as Sue does!! Cheers, Liss

Sounds like fun Lissa. What will you wear?

Hello everyone, I am an ex bander and newbie sleever... had my surgery on the 29th of Oct. and have been feeling really good the last 2 weeks. Having troubles with figuring out when to eat, last week seemed to be hungry all the time, this week I am not LOL, im sure i will figure it all out. I lost 30kg with my band but when they took it out i gained that all back plus another 14kg :( . Have only just lost all the extra and now into chipping away at that 30kg :). Best thing i ever did was to get that horrible band out, most anti-social thing ever, had it in for 5 years and carried a "spit" bottle with me everywhere (covered up with paper so no one knew). It is nice to be able to eat anything, albeit not much of it. I have been told I can have my beer now that my 6 weeks is up and that is really my only BAD BAD thing I have. Was stalled on my weight-loss from the time I started the mushie stage until this week and now it seems to be coming off again, thankfully! Have not been back on the forums for a very long time, its good to be back and hopefully I can add some value. Cheers

Hello everyone, I am an ex bander and newbie sleever... had my surgery on the 29th of Oct. and have been feeling really good the last 2 weeks. Having troubles with figuring out when to eat, last week seemed to be hungry all the time, this week I am not LOL, im sure i will figure it all out. I lost 30kg with my band but when they took it out i gained that all back plus another 14kg :( . Have only just lost all the extra and now into chipping away at that 30kg :). Best thing i ever did was to get that horrible band out, most anti-social thing ever, had it in for 5 years and carried a "spit" bottle with me everywhere (covered up with paper so no one knew). It is nice to be able to eat anything, albeit not much of it. I have been told I can have my beer now that my 6 weeks is up and that is really my only BAD BAD thing I have. Was stalled on my weight-loss from the time I started the mushie stage until this week and now it seems to be coming off again, thankfully! Have not been back on the forums for a very long time, its good to be back and hopefully I can add some value. Cheers

Lovely to hear from you. Welcome and congratulations on your new sleeve. I am sure you won't look back now.

Welcome McKelmer - look forward to hearing about your progress - not ever having opted for the band I am not quite sure what a spit jar is but can use my imagination! Sounds horrendous! Anyway, be a bit careful on the sleeve as I have eaten a bit fast on a few occasions or too much and it has come straight back up. Thankfully I have not done that for quite a while so I must have learned something! I think from what I have heard and read, the sleeve is a lot easier to manage and live with.

I'm now 9 weeks post sleeve and have lost 20 kg. I'm still struggling to drink enough liquid but my intake is improving. I'm loving the compliments that I'm getting :-)

Tme for some updated photos. Off to my husbands Christmas party - theme was Gold and Glamour!

Gorgeous! Wowza! He must be proud to have you on his arm!

It does sound fun, Kelli! I have a floral Diana Ferrari dress and shoes, with a little cardi (to cover my problem arms lol). I will take a photo and post it on Saturday :) I have a hair appointment etc so I am going to glam it up - we are all even wearing fascinators lol. It seems like it's a big deal out here - I guess we don't have too many chances to get dressed up! Not so sure about the blind date but it will be nice to just meet some new people and I am just interested in having a good time right now and enjoying my life :)

OMG Sue - you look amazing!!!! You both do!! What a stunner! I am off to the races on Saturday - a friend has set me up on a blind date so we will see how that goes :) Will post some photo's :) With any luck I will look half as amazing as Sue does!! Cheers, Liss

Sounds like fun Lissa. What will you wear?

Congrats - what an amazing effort! You must feel great - and the compliments are awesome too!! Get used to it - I still find it weird when people say I look nice and I really had to learn how to accept a compliment gracefully :)

I'm now 9 weeks post sleeve and have lost 20 kg. I'm still struggling to drink enough liquid but my intake is improving. I'm loving the compliments that I'm getting :-)

Hi folks. I haven't been posting so much lately but read this thread every day. Welcome to the newbies and congrats to all on their weight loss. Sue, you look b#%^*y fantastic!

I'm still struggling with the same last 5 kilos - I could do more and need to get to it. My thyroid is still all over the place and that's frustrating. On my birthday earlier this month it was confirmed that I have a chronic leukemia - chronic means I'm not about to pop off anytime soon but still the thought of tough times ahead greatly depressed me and I'm only just coming out of that particular funk now. I also have 4 liver lesions that have been under investigation for a while and drs at last concluded these are benign (hooray) with possible pre-cancerous potential (boo!) and need to be cut out (double boo!). But they are deep in my liver and the op would be horrendous so for now I'm having 6 monthly scans and "watching and waiting". What a few months its been!

So here I am staring down my possible third cancer in 7 years and thinking that all those diet soft drinks I indulged in over the years may not have been the best for me. Anyway, I'm in a treatment lull for now and looking forward to going away to the beach soon WITH my swimsuit, for a change.

I'll try to attach a couple of photos - the first is not me at my highest by any means (and it's a horrible pic). I can't locate one of me at my worst. The second is me last Friday, going out to dinner. See how I go...

post-176379-0-90199400-1387247905_thumb.jpg

post-176379-0-22373900-1387247929_thumb.jpg

Oh Susan. You have really been through it. I'm a cancer survivor too. Let me know if there is anything I can do to support you. I imagine those 6 kg feel like a real control thing for you right now since you can't address any of your other health issues. Don't lose too much, just in case. I hope you are finding time to exercise. Good for your moods as well as building up strength for later.