Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I bought some size 12 tops! And 14D bras, down from 20DD! It's such a rush but such a weird feeling. And kind of expensive. Even at Target prices.

That's awesome Misty, looking forward to doing that and to buy pretty ones my current bras look more like a hammock for a small pigmy when hanging on the clothes line

Here we go. In the second photo I am holding the fabric behind me. In the last photo you can see how much extra fabric there is. Also my boobs filled that dress last year and this year it is just sad.

It's a shame you couldn't have it altered it is a beautiful dress

Hi Everyone, I am new to the whole forum thing so hopefully it all works ok dde01. It's great to see such wonderful results and positive support on here. Congrats on all your excellent efforts!! I live in Melbourne and I am due to have my surgery on Dec 10th. There's not long now, I'm getting soo nervous. Excited too! I saw the dietitian today to get the run down on the liquid stage post op and honestly I'm scared I'm going to be hungry all the time, were u really not hungry?? Probably a ridiculous question but every time I'm told something I think oh that won't be me. Was any one else like that?

My thoughts will be with you Tuesday Ditdee, breath deep and think happy thoughts. Monday is six weeks out for me and nope still not really hungry. Has taken a little while to figure out if the feeling I have is for food or a drink. I used to be starving at 11.30 and could not wait for lunch sometimes eating it at my desk before lunch and then buying something else at 1 o'clock. Now people at work are reminding me to go have a lunch break. I went through head hunger around week 4 and tried a small bite of things I thought I wanted my belly quickly told my head that was not a good thing and spent a night feeling very unwell and uncomfortable that was the first and last time my head tried to rule my stomach. Look forward to you sharing your success one these pages ;)

Just wanted say a big thank you to you all. I have been following Kelli, Susan and Misty since long before surgery and long before I actually had the nerve to post on these forums (I promise I was not stalking lol just looking for help). I have great support with my brother, son and a good friend, but sometimes I can sense their eye roll and brain say 'oh god she is not going to talk about it AGAIN!' It has been great reading the posts and not feel I was alone in this. I really do appreciate your shares and your encouragement along the way.

Thank you Kelliv and newlife281013, it's good to know it's not just something the docs say!! Lol Newlife281013 a pigmy u cracked me up!

Just wanted say a big thank you to you all. I have been following Kelli, Susan and Misty since long before surgery and long before I actually had the nerve to post on these forums (I promise I was not stalking lol just looking for help). I have great support with my brother, son and a good friend, but sometimes I can sense their eye roll and brain say 'oh god she is not going to talk about it AGAIN!' It has been great reading the posts and not feel I was alone in this. I really do appreciate your shares and your encouragement along the way.

That's very sweet! I also read this thread from cover to cover when I found it and felt like I knew everyone by the time I first posted. The support here is great and I still think we are the best support group on here!

Hi there and welcome to the forum ;) Congrats on your surgery - it's close now. With regards to the worry that it won't be like that for you, I had a similar fear prior to surgery. I was so worried - what if it didn't work for me? This was really the last chance (or so I felt) to lose weight and to literally save my life. The weight was slowly killing me. Oh, I had no other issues - yet. But I was 173kg and 33 years old. How much longer until my body started displaying those issues?

I don't get hungry still - and I am 15 months on. Actually that is not a fair comment - I think I get hungry now but I experience that hunger in such a different way. Before the surgery, hunger was a painful thing, lurking waiting to pounce. It was a horrible experience so I fed it and fed it so I wouldn't experience it. The thing was, because I did this, I was never really hungry or rarely was. I had little tolerance for dealing with this feeling. Now I experience hunger as a physical sign my body requires fuel. I usually feel a little weak or shakey - that is when I know it is time to eat something. Whilst I enjoy food (that first bite is always my favourite), I don't really crave anything. I usually make food choices that will make me feel better - which I know is fruit and veggies and low fat meats. It is amazing how much your food choices change after the surgery with not a lot of conscious effort. Your body will let you know (pretty quickly) what it can and can't tolerate.

Honestly it was the best move I made and I am so glad I had my sleeve.

All the best and please feel free to ask any questions you may have - particularly just after surgery! Nothing is taboo or off limits here and everyone is lovely!

Cheers, Liss

Sorry the post above was for Ditdee - the quote thingy didn't work :(

Very happy to hear that sharing our experiences has been of help. It sounds like you are doing really well. Enjoy all of the little wins along the way and please keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you so much Lissa_S. You described the things I'm feeling exactly, I'm glad that other felt the same things and it's not just me. Ahh getting excited now. Only three more sleeps!! I'm sure I will have lots of questions after the surgery!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been a bit absent recently. Work has been really busy and my iPhone app was glitchy so I deleted it (and still haven't gotten around to reinstalling it lol). I have been reading your posts through my email though!

Misty - I hope you have an amazing time away on your work trip! It sounds amazing! You're doing so well, particularly with your exercise. I admit that I have been incredibly slack with exercise for the past month or so. It seems that it is easy still to allow myself excuses not to exercise. The irony is that although I continue to lose weight, I don't feel as well as I have done. Which is really annoying, mostly that I have allowed myself to fall back into the old habits. It's silly and I must do something about it I know...As a "sleever"" that is 15 months post op, I find that it is these things now that are the problem.

Weight wise, as you can see from my ticker, I am getting close to goal. I finally bought new scales (WW digital one's) for home. I had been using the scales at the hospital where I work, but honestly, I was weighing on the carpet on scales given to us by a rep so I should have known they would be out. And they were - by about 3kg. Which was a bummer but it really doesn't matter, as since I got the new scales, I have dropped 3 kg which is my biggest recorded weight loss in a month since August so I am pretty happy about that - particularly given that my exercise routine had dropped right off. I was probably pretty lucky there.

So, my stats are:

Starting weight: 173kg

Current weight: 84kg

Goal weight: 73-75kg

Height: 175cm or 5'9"

Clothes size: tops/skirts/ dresses are 12-14, bottoms are 14-16.

Hope everyone is going well!

Cheers, Liss

Ditdee - welcome to our thread and good luck for your op. I agree with what everyone has said about hunger here - Kelli and I had our ops around the same time so 18 months out I am experiencing the same - you will not feel hungry after the op, in fact you might find it hard to remember to eat and hydrate but over time the hunger will return but not with the same intensity that you would have known before and like Kelli said, very easily satisfied with a little food. The biggest thing I noticed was how food no longer had a hold over me, it was very liberating! The down side of this is that things that you always loved the taste of just don't taste the same so you might think eating is going to be a bit boring - the truth is that you will find other things that you love and will forget about those old favourites. I remember I used to love BBQ chicken and could almost eat a whole one on my own - now I am lucky to get through a drum stick!

Misty - agree with you totally! Best support group on here! Maybe there is life in that wonderful red dress if you could get it altered while you are away?

Newlife - agree with you too. I feel like I have old friends on here and there is always room for more! And "hammock for a small pigmy" - laughed my you know what off...

Kelli and Lissa - I feel like we have been in this together from the start - look how far you have both come! Just hearing the sizes that you are both fitting into, seeing your gorgeous photos and looking at your latest stats Lissa is continuing to inspire me!

Susan - you always have something kind, supportive and sensible to say!

Aussie girl - I miss you!

and everyone else - thanks for making this such a great place to visit and for keeping me coming back!

Confession time - haven't been to the gym for a week and yesterday managed to eat my way through a huge amount of Whittikers hazel nut chocolate! Those old habits are lurking very close to the surface but thank goodness I am limited to how much I can fit in!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the whole forum thing so hopefully it all works ok dde01.

It's great to see such wonderful results and positive support on here. Congrats on all your excellent efforts!!

I live in Melbourne and I am due to have my surgery on Dec 10th. There's not long now, I'm getting soo nervous. Excited too!

I saw the dietitian today to get the run down on the liquid stage post op and honestly I'm scared I'm going to be hungry all the time, were u really not hungry?? Probably a ridiculous question but every time I'm told something I think oh that won't be me. Was any one else like that?

Welcome Ditdee!! This site was great when I started out. Plus everyone on this page have been so supportive and give u the truths of what they went through. U have def come to the right place.

All the best for Tuesday and we'll see u on the losers bench soon :)