Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hello Sleevers/yet to be Sleeved,

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I'm back and with great news! After a few months of treatment my Barretts oesophagus is gone (actually the surgeon retracted the diagnosis altogether). He has given me the go ahead for the Sleeve!!!!! I'm booked for the 25th October and am going to be on 4 weeks Optifast prior to that YIKES!!!

Feels good to be back!

That's great news.

Hi mimz!Yes-I remember you-and the pretty baby you are cuddling in your profile photo!Great news on both the sleeve date and the change in diagnosis for you :)

Thank you so much :) I know its going to be hard work but I can't get the smile off my face. The October date will be just over a year since I started this journey!!

That's great news.

Thanks Dean! I love your forum level "sleeve master" made me giggle.

Hi Guys, for any Brisbane Sleevers, there is a catch up at The coffee Club, Springwood tomorrow from 11am with the Facebook GSA Brissy group. I am going along and really looking forward to it, let me know if you want to join us :)

Sounds good - just let me know when is suits everyone - I am ok with any Wednesday evening. Any other Sydney people out there that would like to join us????

Puppyphat where are you?

I'm still here. I check on the thread far more than I post.

Thank you so much everybody that has tried to help me, especially Lissa.

While not rehashing all of my struggles, I'm doing a bit better. My office was having a weight loss competition and I was told that I was the only one allowed to gain weight. I lost 5kg in a week. And put myself in the 40s. A coworker heard me making myself sick in the bathroom after lunch and confronted me about it.

I'm now seeing a psychologist who specializes in eating disorders and a dietician who has me eating every 2 hours. Also, I've given myself the worst acid stomach by vomiting so much, so I'm on the nexium for life now.

I've put on 2kg and am back in the 50s. I don't want to put on any more so I can see this being a real struggle.

Even though I don't post much. It's so good to know you're all here, and notice when I'm not.

Keen to catch up, I promise I won't be a downer. Let me know when.

Hi Guys' date=' for any Brisbane Sleevers, there is a catch up at The coffee Club, Springwood tomorrow from 11am with the Facebook GSA Brissy group. I am going along and really looking forward to it, let me know if you want to join us :)[/quote']

I won't be able to make it but can you tell me more about the group? Can I join it on FB?

Thank you so much everybody that has tried to help me' date=' especially Lissa.

While not rehashing all of my struggles, I'm doing a bit better. My office was having a weight loss competition and I was told that I was the only one allowed to gain weight. I lost 5kg in a week. And put myself in the 40s. A coworker heard me making myself sick in the bathroom after lunch and confronted me about it.

I'm now seeing a psychologist who specializes in eating disorders and a dietician who has me eating every 2 hours. Also, I've given myself the worst acid stomach by vomiting so much, so I'm on the nexium for life now.

I've put on 2kg and am back in the 50s. I don't want to put on any more so I can see this being a real struggle.

Even though I don't post much. It's so good to know you're all here, and notice when I'm not.

Keen to catch up, I promise I won't be a downer. Let me know when.[/quote']

I'm so glad to hear from you and I'm glad you are being proactive. Trust me you are not a downer. You are a real person and I think we all appreciate that. I am glad you were receptive to your coworker even though it must have been mortifying. Don't take it as condescending but I am so proud of you.

Oh puppyphat I had no idea you were having such a hard time :( Its great news that you recognise that you are struggling and taking steps to improve the situation. ***great big hugs***

So when is this sydney meet up supposed to be??

Hi Guys' date=' for any Brisbane Sleevers, there is a catch up at The coffee Club, Springwood tomorrow from 11am with the Facebook GSA Brissy group. I am going along and really looking forward to it, let me know if you want to join us :)[/quote']

Hi Shelley, doubt I can make it tomorrow. Have friends visiting for the weekend from Melbourne and I fly to Townsville at 2pm to work for the week. I would have enjoyed seeing 'less of' you again and meeting new people. Have fun.

Whew I am worn out! I've been cooking for two hours! I puréed the chicken (worked fine, using the link I posted before) but didn't make anything with it yet. I made a "tuna casserole" purée and a pumpkin ricotta purée with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. I'm freezing single servings in a muffin tin. It turns out a muffin tin holds about 1/2 cup! Tomorrow I am going to make a chicken vegetable purée and a chicken taco purée. I can post the recipes if anyone is interested but I haven't really tasted them yet, just licked a bit off my finger. I'm too scared to have a real taste since I don't move on to purée until Tuesday.

So when is this sydney meet up supposed to be??

hi Mimz - so glad to see you back and to hear your good news. we haven't set a date yet just a day and place - a Wednesday evening near Darling Harbour. The only reason we selected this mplace is because Jimbo and myself work near there and Aussiegirl lives in Pyrmont. Jimbo is on shift work and a few more weeks of purée and soft foods so we will have a definite date once that is sorted. I hope you can join us but if you can't we can go somewhere different that is more convenient for you next time!

Great to hear from you and that you are doing what's right for you. You are really lucky that you have colleagues at work that care so much. You are not a downer - this is all part of being human and the struggles of life. Everyone has their different challenges and you know you can always vent here! I hope you feel up to meeting up once we get the actual dat sorted - will keep you informed!

So good to hear from you puppyphat :) I am looking forward to hearing your news in further posts.

hi Mimz - so glad to see you back and to hear your good news. we haven't set a date yet just a day and place - a Wednesday evening near Darling Harbour. The only reason we selected this mplace is because Jimbo and myself work near there and Aussiegirl lives in Pyrmont. Jimbo is on shift work and a few more weeks of purée and soft foods so we will have a definite date once that is sorted. I hope you can join us but if you can't we can go somewhere different that is more convenient for you next time!

Hey Sue,

Thanks for the welcome back. Darling Harbour isn't too far out for me, I work at Randwick. Let me know when you decide a date.