Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Kelli, so very sorry about your friend..he is so young and it is definitely scary and we just don't know when our time is up..I hope your well and if you want to catch up for coffee when your free, just yell out :)

I ordered two boxes of Optislim shakes (chocolate, espresso) and three boxes of Soups (chicken, Tomato, pumpkin) from Chemist Warehouse online. Free shipping! Hopefully I will be able to tolerate them for the first 2-3 weeks after the surgery until I decide what shakes I can handle and maybe get to the purée stage. I paid for my surgery today!

I'm so sorry for your loss' date=' kelliv. How sad. When is the funeral?

I have begun taste-testing Protein shakes to see what I should order for the first couple weeks post-op. I just tried one from the same place where I got my Vitamins. It is called Garden of Life Raw Protein. It was awful. Chalky and had a weird taste. I could only get about half of it down and had to stop before I threw it back up. Ugh. I suspected this one would not be good so I'm glad I only got a couple of sample packets.[/quote']

Thanks, not sure when the funeral will be as waiting on autopsy. He may have had a heart attached which caused the crash, but we will have ti wait and see what the report says. I am working on the Gold Coast next week so will have to come to Brisbane for his funeral at some stage.

Kelli' date=' so very sorry about your friend..he is so young and it is definitely scary and we just don't know when our time is up..I hope your well and if you want to catch up for coffee when your free, just yell out :)[/quote']

Thanks Shelley, I will call you next time I am planning to go into the city. I am travelling a lot with my business at the moment so not in Brisbane all that much.

Sorry for ur loss Kelli! Life is sometimes cut way too short!

Well I have got all my appointments booked. Also I got everything from the chemist that I'll need for after the surgery. I think I'm organised as much as possible. I just have to start cooking chic and veg Soup and some other thing as well and freeze them.

Great idea, Bec! I think I will cook some broth too and maybe pea Soup.

I pre-registered for the hospital! This is getting real.

I also would like to report that, at least for pre-op, the Celebrity Slim shakes are pretty good! And the shaker is awesome. The lid screws on rather than snapping on. There is a jagged ball inside that helps mix up the shake when you shake it. And there is a screw-off compartment in the bottom to hold a serve or two of shake powder! I wish I had this when I was doing optifast! The cheap shaker I had was leaky, the lid was almost impossible to remove without splashing shake everywhere.

Hi I had my op the same day as Lissa back in Sept I have had a stall for ages I have lost 25 kilos which is great BUT those bloody slider food uck it is all head hunger with me and I done get hungry but will eat the crap.I can only manage 1/2 a lean cuisine but chips lollies biscuit can eat heaps I need support I know this a tool but my head is still in control.

Jules

Ps Kelly sorry about your loss I live on the Gold Coast heard about that accident

Hi I had my op the same day as Lissa back in Sept I have had a stall for ages I have lost 25 kilos which is great BUT those bloody slider food uck it is all head hunger with me and I done get hungry but will eat the crap.I can only manage 1/2 a lean cuisine but chips lollies biscuit can eat heaps I need support I know this a tool but my head is still in control.

Jules

Ps Kelly sorry about your loss I live on the Gold Coast heard about that accident

Thanks Jules, yes it was very sad. He was so young and such a lovely person and good father

Hi all i am laying here in the hospital first day after operation. They had me out of bed today , had a shower and got to put my own clothes on. Have been drinking fluids and couple spoons of yoghurt, custard and Soup throughout the day. After lunch they removed the drip because I'm taking in enough fluids. The trick is to walk as much as you can every hour or so couple laps around the ward and keep sipping on your fluids that way they take you off the drip and you can go home earlier I've been told I can go home tomorrow arvo :)

Hi Jimbo and congratulations! I will be joining you in 9 days!

Thanks hardest part is the emotions you go through on the day good luck with your op be brave and think about the reasons your doing it and your loved ones who will have a healthier you for longer :)

Great idea' date=' Bec! I think I will cook some broth too and maybe pea Soup.

I pre-registered for the hospital! This is getting real.

I also would like to report that, at least for pre-op, the Celebrity Slim shakes are pretty good! And the shaker is awesome. The lid screws on rather than snapping on. There is a jagged ball inside that helps mix up the shake when you shake it. And there is a screw-off compartment in the bottom to hold a serve or two of shake powder! I wish I had this when I was doing optifast! The cheap shaker I had was leaky, the lid was almost impossible to remove without splashing shake everywhere.[/quote']

It's getting close for u Misty!!! I thought that if I had soup in the freezer it would help. My Post op will be for 4 weeks. Dr Daoud said 2 weeks like pre-op then puree 1 week then soft food 1 week. But Just incase it takes me longer I'll have food to puree or have as soft.

I'll just have to wait and see the dietitian for what I should have pre-op as Dr Daoud said I could have Optifast, optislim, tony fergurson or lite n easy!! As long as there are no carbs. But I think he said lite n easy by mistake. So I'll wait and see.

Can't wait to see how u go with the op though