Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Me too :)

Hey Deano - BTW we might have worked together. I am ICARE trained and worked for CS from 2004-2008 :) How funny would that be! It's a small world...

Nothing new to report here - work' date=' work, work rules (?ruins) my life at the moment :) new job is good but really full on!!

Glad to hear you're all doing pretty well at the moment..going to bed dreaming of my next Brissy trip lol :)

Night all, Liss[/quote']

Ahh. Small world. We might have done jobs together if you were on the Northside. Were you a case officer?

I got a FitBit tracker! Does anyone else have one? I am http://www.fitbit.com/user/25PZ6B if anyone wants to add me. :)

Dean, I am a survivor of child physical and sexual abuse. I am very thankful to people like you who work in this (really tough) field. Someone like you saved my life.

Misty - how did you find Dr Adib if that is who you decided to go with??

I do have a fitbit which I wore religiously but have misplaced it somewhere which I'm not happy about.

I got a FitBit tracker! Does anyone else have one? I am http://www.fitbit.com/user/25PZ6B if anyone wants to add me. :)

Dean' date=' I am a survivor of child physical and sexual abuse. I am very thankful to people like you who work in this (really tough) field. Someone like you saved my life.[/quote']

I've had victims hear a guilty verdict at trial start crying with relief and give me a hug. They have been amongst the best days of my life.

I'm sorry you went through what you've had to endure.

Thank you for the compliment :)

Shell I was referred to him by my GP. He certainly is no nonsense. Did you use Andrew as your dietitian?

Dean you are most welcome.

Misty - yes I think Andrew was his name but I only went once and never went back as I found I did not get anything out of it and actually pick up more useful info in my support groups...

Ahh. Small world. We might have done jobs together if you were on the Northside. Were you a case officer?

I was a Family Group Meeting convenor out of Ipswich. Did a lot of my ICARE stuff there and out west in Charleville area :) A while ago now though :)

Well, today I spent the day buying business attire for my new job that starts on Monday. I've never had an office job before so was already feeling uneasy, but when you have no idea what size or shape you are, or what suits you and what doesn't, its all very overwhelming. I purchased 3 skirts, one size 6, one size 8 and one size 10, and the tops and dresses weren't any better. I bought a size 8 dress that I could have easily got in a 6, if they made it, then at the same shop, had to get a size 10 top because the size 8 was too small. I really think that sizing needs to become consistent in aus. My measurements didn't change throughout the day, but to go from a size 6 to a 10 in 10 minutes is crazy. You know, I bought so so many pairs of size 16, 18 and 20 tops and bottoms and when I got them home, they were too small, and I was too embarrassed to take them back. They made me feel horrible, that I'd grown out of yet another size. Now I can see that its the clothing sizes that differ so dramatically. It's crazy.

But... End result, I have some very pretty new clothes, albeit of differing sizes.

Well, today I spent the day buying business attire for my new job that starts on Monday. I've never had an office job before so was already feeling uneasy, but when you have no idea what size or shape you are, or what suits you and what doesn't, its all very overwhelming. I purchased 3 skirts, one size 6, one size 8 and one size 10, and the tops and dresses weren't any better. I bought a size 8 dress that I could have easily got in a 6, if they made it, then at the same shop, had to get a size 10 top because the size 8 was too small. I really think that sizing needs to become consistent in aus. My measurements didn't change throughout the day, but to go from a size 6 to a 10 in 10 minutes is crazy. You know, I bought so so many pairs of size 16, 18 and 20 tops and bottoms and when I got them home, they were too small, and I was too embarrassed to take them back. They made me feel horrible, that I'd grown out of yet another size. Now I can see that its the clothing sizes that differ so dramatically. It's crazy.

But... End result, I have some very pretty new clothes, albeit of differing sizes.

You'll be fine! Congrats on trying something different and getting out of your comfort zone.

Puppyphat, Congratulations on the new job.

Mistysj, Congratulations on getting a surgery date, so soon, you'll only be 2 weeks after me.

Lissa, I take my hat off to people like you who have the strength of character to help families and children through some pretty awful situations.

Dean, it's people like you who make this country a safer place for children. I had the greatest support from the local Sexual Assault Team when I finally decided to do something about my own situation. The Officers who investigated on my behalf left no stone unturned. It takes a really special kind of person to do this kind of work.

Thank you.

To everyone else, keep up the great work, we are all champions in our own way.

Best Wishes

Michele

Puppyphat, congrats on your new job! Size is just a number. At least now you know it's not you that's changing, but the designers!

We went to see Oklahoma at QPAC last night and it was excellent! Highly recommended. It was our 11th wedding anniversary!

What do you guys do for Vitamins? I got some sublingual B12 today and it takes about 10 minutes to dissolve. Yuck. And some Calcium tummies but you are meant to take 4 a day which seems daft. And I can't use them the first two weeks post-op. also does anyone know where to buy Optislim (not Optifast)?

What do you guys do for Vitamins? I got some sublingual B12 today and it takes about 10 minutes to dissolve. Yuck. And some Calcium tummies but you are meant to take 4 a day which seems daft. And I can't use them the first two weeks post-op. also does anyone know where to buy Optislim (not Optifast)?

Hi Misty

You can buy Optislim from chemists however my dietician advised that it is not the same nutritional value as Optifast and therefore not recommended for pre-op. Not sure if others have been told the contrary. Also I took a multi Vitamin in tablet form after the end of liquid stage after surgery. No problems.

Hi Misty

You can buy Optislim from chemists however my dietician advised that it is not the same nutritional value as Optifast and therefore not recommended for pre-op. Not sure if others have been told the contrary. Also I took a multi Vitamin in tablet form after the end of liquid stage after surgery. No problems.

My dietitian told me the optislim is is thinner and better tolerated in the full liquid stage. I am not required to do a pre-op diet.

Puppyphat, Congratulations on the new job.

Mistysj, Congratulations on getting a surgery date, so soon, you'll only be 2 weeks after me.

Lissa, I take my hat off to people like you who have the strength of character to help families and children through some pretty awful situations.

Dean, it's people like you who make this country a safer place for children. I had the greatest support from the local Sexual Assault Team when I finally decided to do something about my own situation. The Officers who investigated on my behalf left no stone unturned. It takes a really special kind of person to do this kind of work.

Thank you.

To everyone else, keep up the great work, we are all champions in our own way.

Best Wishes

Michele

Thanks Michele. I appreciate your kind words :)

It's scary the number of (often girls) people who sexual assault / child sexual assault has affected. I think it's good as a community that people talk about what has happened to them.

It's a bit like domestic violence. Years ago nobody spoke about it. There were no support agencies or refuges. If you heard it happening next door you ignored it because it wasn't your business. Times have changed. There's no shame in asking for help if you're a victim of domestic violence and there are a number of refuges and support agencies available.

This isn't the case for victims of sex offences, particularly children. The more we talk about it, as unpalatable as it is, the bigger issue it becomes for Government and it's agencies.

*steps down off soap box*

Sorry, when the subject comes up, I can't help myself!