Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi all,

I can't remember who it was but someone on here said her name was Melissa Scott. I called the hospital to find out if she was still in there and they said she was in surgery 1. Could get much more info than that but at least we know she's surrounded by people that can help her out if there are dramas!

Thanks Susie - yes she is in the right place. I must hope things are getting better for her.

I am not one for the shakes - I was never a milkshake fan and the pre-op and liquid diet two weeks post made sure I would NEVER drink one again! I am just making sure I eat my high Protein meals.

Hi all' date='

I can't remember who it was but someone on here said her name was Melissa Scott. I called the hospital to find out if she was still in there and they said she was in surgery 1. Could get much more info than that but at least we know she's surrounded by people that can help her out if there are dramas![/quote']

Thanks Susie, hope that's the her last op to fix everything.

Hi all' date='

I can't remember who it was but someone on here said her name was Melissa Scott. I called the hospital to find out if she was still in there and they said she was in surgery 1. Could get much more info than that but at least we know she's surrounded by people that can help her out if there are dramas![/quote']

Hey Susie, did you call today or was that a few weeks ago? I would dearly like to visit her but I know that she said she wasn't ready for visitors yet so I would like to wait until she is more comfortable.

I hope you are feeling better everyday Lila, we all miss you! xx

In regards to shakes, I have an Optifast every morning and a optifast dessert mousse at night. For myself I feel like I am not getting enough nutrience from food, I am on puréed but find eating difficult, so I add these in during the day to suppliment my intake. I am four weeks on Tuesday- wow that has gone fast! - so will be on soft foods. I feel I will be more confident to try different foods when I am on soft foods so I plan on reducing the optifast as I eat a better range of foods. (atm I am paranoid of over eating and causing a leak so I am not experimenting very much) But it is very much each to their own and everyone is different, you may find that you do not require or your dietician doesn't require you to be on the shakes.

Thinking of you also Lila, hope you are feeling better each day xx much love xx

Yeah that was me who told u her name. I might go down this week and see her it has been 5 weeks today that we had our op.

Yeah that was me who told u her name. I might go down this week and see her it has been 5 weeks today that we had our op.

5 weeks in hospital, I can't imagine anything worse. If you do go to visit please pass on our love and support!

Get better soon Lila!

I'm currently staying in Coolangatta- just near the hospital- till tomorrow for my dads birthday, but I didn't want to go see her incase she didn't want any visitors so if you do see her please let her know we are all thinking of her and would love to visit when she is up to it!

Hi all. Sorry it's been so long but it's been a very rough time the last few weeks. Last time I posted I had pneumonia. From there I got a large plual effusion on my left lung which then collapsed. I had some of the most painful procedures that included two underwater chest drains and insertion of picc lines an cannullas. It's honestly been the hardest weeks of my life.

I have another ct scan tomorrow as I am worried that I will need another Chest drain (the last one only came out Friday). This is excruciating so please join my prayer that they won't do this.

So what's the good? Today they placed me on a. PCA where I press a button and get pain relief. Prior to this the pain meds were insufficient and inconsistent. The pain has been horrendous and seemed never ending. Tonight it's a lot better not completely gone but consistently less which is nice.

Not so good- they tell me now that the leak is still there and could be there for 12 months and if it's longer still they will go the full gastric bypass. The surgeon has apparently consulted with other experts and they think that since the leaks so small we should get me on food under supervision to try to get me back home in a month or so.

So the other good news is food started tonight ( was too sick from picc line to have it though damn it lol) but can have custard or jelly or strawberry milk . First food in five weeks. And depending on how things go I could be home in early of November.

I need to make an apology about name confusion - my nephew has called me Lila (couldn't say Lissa) and when none of my Lissa user names worked that I liked I changed it to Lila. I answer to it in real life as he still calls me Lila to this day. My name is Melissa Scott and that's why you couldn't find me. I am at Tweed hospital on floor surgical 1 room 25. I haven't been up to visitors the last few weeks and depending on the outcome of the scan tomorrow will inform me of how I am feeling for the rest of the week .

Again thanks to you all for you kind thoughts and posts. I am hoping I will be well enough to pop online more regularly!,

Thanks, Lila (Liss)

Hi Lila, so good to finally hear from you as we have all been very worried about. i am sorry you have had ongoing issues and that the leak is still there. Have you lost any weight while all this has been going on? I remember you saying you probably wouldn't initially. How exciting that you can start eating again. I am sure custard and jelly have never tasted so good to you before. I hope your tests go positively tomorrow and that you get some good news finally. Stay positive and keep focusing on how well you will be once you ate past all of these challenges. Kelli

Hi Lila' date=' so good to finally hear from you as we have all been very worried about. i am sorry you have had ongoing issues and that the leak is still there. Have you lost any weight while all this has been going on? I remember you saying you probably wouldn't initially. How exciting that you can start eating again. I am sure custard and jelly have never tasted so good to you before. I hope your tests go positively tomorrow and that you get some good news finally. Stay positive and keep focusing on how well you will be once you ate past all of these challenges. Kelli

[/quote']

Thanks Kelli - just waiting to find out when I go for my scan now. Will let you know how it goes if I can :) things move very fast. I sometimes don't get any warning between results and procedures being done but know I will be online again as soon as I am able! Thanks, Lila

Woah Lila what an ordeal...I feel for you. I will keep my fingers crossed that things will get better for you.

Lila!! So good to hear from you!! Girl, you have been through the ringer:-( I am praying that you don't need another chest drain, I can't imagine the pain and stress you have been through, I eagerly await the day I can hear how much better you are feeling and reading all about your weightloss. Xxx