Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Hate Protein Powder/liquids?

So, I am about the pickiest person in the world about what I eat and drink. I like absolutely no type of artificial sweetener which presents a huge problem in finding a Protein source for the preop and post op diets. I have tried so many already and cannot stand them. They all make me gag. Needless to say, I have been very stressed about what to do and was even trying to figure out if I could do this without having to use a protein powder/liquid. Yeah, I know, not a good thing and I knew that. However, in being totally honest, it crossed my mind to try and avoid the liquid/powder forms of protein and just start getting it in once I could do it post op with food.< /p>

I totally understand that we all have different likes and dislikes but in all my reading and trying to find something that could work, I noticed that for every person who recommended a protein powder/liquid, there were just as many or more that said they couldn't stand that particular protein. But, recently I noticed so many posts recommending Premier RTD Protein. The opposite though wasn't true. Unlike the other protein recommendations having just as many or more people hating a particular recommendation, I didn't see that trend with Premier RTD Protein. I thought there just has to be something to these things so I made a decision to try yet another protein recommendation. However, you can only get it at Sam's or costco and I don't have a card for either of those places but my Mom does. We had plans to hang out today so I asked her if we could go there to get some so I didn't have to buy a membership only to find out I don't like the darn drinks. Off to Costco we went and I bought the chocolate ones. As soon as I got home, I put one in the freezer to get it cold quickly. After about an hour and a half it was nice and cold. I opened it up knowing I wouldn't like it, but I was wrong. Yippppeee!!!!! I've never been so happy in my life to be wrong about something..

The chocolate has no Vitamin, protein, gritty, lumpy or chalky taste. I cannot taste any artificial sweetner and it has absolutely zero aftertaste. It tastes just like a chocolatey chocolate milk. Just like the full flavor stuff with all the calories and sugar. It was really good, If I had to pick one thing "negative" to say about it, it would be that it is very chocolately. That could be good if I'm having a craving for sweets. If I'm not, I could tone it down with milk. The benefit of that is I've added a little more protein to it by using some milk. I totally cannot wait to try different things with this drink lke making it more of a shake and by adding some banana and/or PB2 to it.

So......to all of you out there who have yet to find a liquid/powder protein souce and you haven't tried Premier RTD protein, I highly recommend you try these. I seriously cannot tell you how picky I am and the fact that I'm highly recommending these is something else. Now, all this being said, I know not everyone will lke these. I just wanted to tell others my experience in hopes it can help someone else like others helped me by what they posted about it.

~Amy

thanks for the information. I too have been very skeptical about what Protein Drink will be better for me, being that I'm already not a milk drinker nor am I big on chocolate so this is going to be difficult.

thanks for the information. I too have been very skeptical about what Protein drink will be better for me, being that I'm already not a milk drinker nor am I big on chocolate so this is going to be difficult.

I love chocolate milk and chocolate shakes, thus my decision to try chocolate. Premier does have strawberry and vanilla too. I've heard strawberry hasn't made it to costco yet but that it is coming soon. Mine didn't have it yet. However, they did have the vanilla and the strawberry flavor can be ordered on line.

Good luck to you!

Glad you found something you like. By the way, you can order directly from their website. Just google Premier Protein shakes. Good luck on your journey!

And in the costco coupon book that starts May 10, there's a $5.00 off coupon for the premier RTD. (limit 2)

thanks for the information. I too have been very skeptical about what Protein drink will be better for me' date=' being that I'm already not a milk drinker nor am I big on chocolate so this is going to be difficult.[/quote']

If you don't like milk, try the nectar Protein. You can order a sample pack online & try all of their flavors. They have a lemonade, a fruit punch, a fuzzy navel & several others. Good luck!

Little Bits

Thanks for that info because I am not a fan of milk either so I'm going to try nectar products

Thank u for this I too am SUPER picky! Do they sell them online? I've looked and they say Premier Protein but don't know if they are RTD premier Protein? Could u email me a pic of the shake package?

Yes, you can buy them online directly from Premier's website. I believe they sell them in an 18 count count, whereas Sam's Club and costco carries 12 count. I've got a day pass for Sam's Club and I plan on picking up some of these to try since a lot of people here rave about them.

Meijer also carries Choc and Vanilla in stores. Has anyone had success asking a store to special order the strawberry?

Yes, you can buy them online directly from Premier's website. I believe they sell them in an 18 count count, whereas Sam's Club and costco carries 12 count. I've got a day pass for Sam's Club and I plan on picking up some of these to try since a lot of people here rave about them.

I can't speak for Sam's, but costco sells them in an 18 pack for $24.99 in my area.

Thank u for this I too am SUPER picky! Do they sell them online? I've looked and they say premier Protein but don't know if they are RTD Premier Protein? Could u email me a pic of the shake package?

Sorry, I just saw this. Go to this link for a picture of them:

http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html

I absolutely despise 99% of the Protein products. I can taste the artificial quality that they all have. I think I'm gonna buy some Premier ones since everyone raves about them!

I absolutely despise 99% of the Protein products. I can taste the artificial quality that they all have. I think I'm gonna buy some Premier ones since everyone raves about them!

I hope they work for you. I was sooooo excited when I finally found something I liked. I do worry about getting bored with them and having nothing else I like, but I also plan to add things to them to change them up a bit.

Good luck!

Welllll, I bought the Premier chocolate RTD. I could only take 2 sips. Yuck. My daughter likes them though, so I gave them to her.