Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble With Eggs Post-Op?

I guess I am lucky. I have been able to eat eggs, cooked any way since I was released for soft foods. Never bother me. I have one every morning for Breakfast. try some liquid egg whites or Egg Beaters to see if they are tolerable.

I've had no issues with eggs. I've had them poached and scrambled with no problems. I frequently have 1-2 scrambled for Breakfast a few times a week, although 2 seems to be a little too much (my dog likes when I cook eggs since she gets what I can't finish). I've always loved eggs and am glad that's something I haven't lost a taste for.

I can eat an over easy egg but scrambled eggs to not sit well with me either. my doctor said that eggs are hard to digest because they have fat and Protein in them.

I am almost two weeks post op and all the salads I am barely holding down. tuna, chicken, seafood salad, etc. strangely, I ate a piece of chicken and a small sausage topping off a pizza and chew it well and it felt good.

I am almost two weeks post op and all the salads I am barely holding down. tuna, chicken, seafood salad, etc. strangely, I ate a piece of chicken and a small sausage topping off a pizza and chew it well and it felt good.

If you are only 2 weeks post op, I am wondering why you are eating those foods already? You should definitely not be eating salads or roughage right now. Basically, you should still be on full liquids and not even soft foods yet. Your new tummy needs time to heal beofre putting any food into it. Please be careful. you could cause a leakage if you push it.

If you are only 2 weeks post op' date=' I am wondering why you are eating those foods already? You should definitely not be eating salads or roughage right now. Basically, you should still be on full liquids and not even soft foods yet. Your new tummy needs time to heal beofre putting any food into it. Please be careful. you could cause a leakage if you push it.[/quote']

Weeks 1 & 2 were full liquids and today became soft foods, according to the doctor's and NUT chart. I can't eat another bowl of Soup. I hated Soup before my diet and I still hate it. Maybe you are right, I will scale back for another week minus the soup.

Weeks 1 & 2 were full liquids and today became soft foods, according to the doctor's and NUT chart. I can't eat another bowl of Soup. I hated soup before my diet and I still hate it. Maybe you are right, I will scale back for another week minus the soup.

I deinfitely would stay away from salad. Although all doctors are different, I personally have never seen anyone on here advance to soft foods that quickly. I never had any complications and I was not allowed salad until 10 weeks. I found that with chicken, I much prefer dark meat after surgery, although never ate anything but white meat breasts before. The thighs are much easier to chew and digest and are more moist. They sell boneless, skinless thighs now too to make it easier. Do you like cottage cheese? That is a good thing to start eating regularly, as well as yogurt and cheese sticks. You ned to concentrate on Protein now.. Also, I buy the pouches of Starkist sandwich ready albacore tuna (3.5 oz.) each. Great source of Protein and already blended with mayo and is very tasty. Your stomach staples need to heal before putting too much density and pressure into it. Try some blended shakes too maybe. Hope you feel better. Remember, your time will come when you can eat whatever you want again, but you need to realize what drastic changes you have made to your body and be patient! Good luck!

I deinfitely would stay away from salad. Although all doctors are different' date=' I personally have never seen anyone on here advance to soft foods that quickly. I never had any complications and I was not allowed salad until 10 weeks. I found that with chicken, I much prefer dark meat after surgery, although never ate anything but white meat breasts before. The thighs are much easier to chew and digest and are more moist. They sell boneless, skinless thighs now too to make it easier. Do you like cottage cheese? That is a good thing to start eating regularly, as well as yogurt and cheese sticks. You ned to concentrate on Protein now.. Also, I buy the pouches of Starkist sandwich ready albacore tuna (3.5 oz.) each. Great source of Protein and already blended with mayo and is very tasty. Your stomach staples need to heal before putting too much density and pressure into it. Try some blended shakes too maybe. Hope you feel better. Remember, your time will come when you can eat whatever you want again, but you need to realize what drastic changes you have made to your body and be patient! Good luck![/quote']

Interesting. I will put down the salads. I tried tuna last Thursday and ate three spoon full. It did ok, but maybe you are right. I like white meat before, but I can surely BBQ chick thighs. I will give it two weeks before trying chicken again. I have been eating cottage cheese, ricotta, yogurt, pudding, Popsicles, grits and cream of wheat. I found out hummus and I are not friends, though. It does taste good. Thanks for the suggestions.

I deinfitely would stay away from salad. Although all doctors are different' date=' I personally have never seen anyone on here advance to soft foods that quickly. I never had any complications and I was not allowed salad until 10 weeks. I found that with chicken, I much prefer dark meat after surgery, although never ate anything but white meat breasts before. The thighs are much easier to chew and digest and are more moist. They sell boneless, skinless thighs now too to make it easier. Do you like cottage cheese? That is a good thing to start eating regularly, as well as yogurt and cheese sticks. You ned to concentrate on Protein now.. Also, I buy the pouches of Starkist sandwich ready albacore tuna (3.5 oz.) each. Great source of Protein and already blended with mayo and is very tasty. Your stomach staples need to heal before putting too much density and pressure into it. Try some blended shakes too maybe. Hope you feel better. Remember, your time will come when you can eat whatever you want again, but you need to realize what drastic changes you have made to your body and be patient! Good luck![/quote']

Perhaps I'm wrong , but I'm not sure that SleeveDreamer is eating salads as in lettuce and roughage. It sounds more like tuna or chicken salad (canned meat, mayo)? That was on my soft food diet list starting at two weeks out.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I was talking about green salads with lettuce, as he mentioned he could barely hold salads down. Maybe he was talking about chicken and tuna.salads and not green.

I agree with all the comments. eggs just don't taste the same to me after VSG. I eat them most mornings scrambled w 2%cheese for low carb and more Protein and can stomach them if just right (:)but some days just can't do it. But right after surgery Nooooooo! Made me hurl. Lol

Eggs...eggs...eggs....I make bomb diggity scrambled or fried eggs! Ask my son who doesn't like eggs. They taste so-so now. I am 9 months post op and at first I was really sick behind them and stopped eating them. I eat them now but they still don't sit well unless I eat them hot. Granted, we are supposed to chew 30 times I eat them pretty fast. Once in a while I will have potato salad with more egg than potato but mix the bite and they are ok. I cannot eat deviled eggs or hard boiled eggs unless its mixed with another food like a Cobb salad. I cannot eat scrambled eggs if they are cold. Eggs have become hit and miss with me.

So with all this talk of eggs I decided to give them another try. I purchased a Roma Tomato and put some butter, yes butter, in the pan. Not a lot, about a tsp. Then I added three thin slices of tomato chopped up, skin on. I cooked that until it was soft. Then I added one egg scrambled mixed with a bit of milk to make it softer. Cooked that with the tomato and a bit of salt. I did over cook it. It was wonderful. I ate slow, chewed and chewed and took it easy. It went down fine. Yes, I can feel it in there, and I feel full, but I don't feel sick. This is a first for me and eggs...I mean them feeling ok and sitting ok in my sleeve. I have tried them before, but this was good. I was sleeved on 4/16, so this will let you know how long it took me to find something that worked and how far out I am.

I've been going a bit egg crazy because its the first thing from my preop life I have been able to eat...scrambled with a bit of cheese and poached was ok...then I made an egg salad today...dunno if I ate too fast or the mayo did it, but I had to lay down from the nausea I felt.

I've been going a bit egg crazy because its the first thing from my preop life I have been able to eat...scrambled with a bit of cheese and poached was ok...then I made an egg salad today...dunno if I ate too fast or the mayo did it, but I had to lay down from the nausea I felt.

Sometimes when you eat something soft like egg salad or something similiar, you do eat too fast and don't even realize it. I am almost 6 months, and I still find myslef eating too fast sometimes! It is hard to slow down when you are used to shoveling the food in very quickly like we did before VSG. Most likely you ate it too fast. I hope you feel better. Nausea from eggs...ugh.