Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am from Plano! Love to see so many people that are close. My date is May 15th!! I will be at Forest Park with Dr. Nick.... so nervous/excited/scared!!!

I got info about support groups for after surgery. There are a few Dietitian classes throughout the process that they gave me & a support group that meets at Forest Park Medical Center the second Wed @7.

I actually live in abq:( but I'm happy we'll be able to use this website as support.

Quick question, Dr. Kim's office just informed me that I need to see a cardiologist and get tests done. This is the first I've heard of this. What if I can't get an appt before my surgery??

Okay - now I am in trouble with this forum! I just downloaded the app for my phone!!!!! Lol

Yes! I've got this on my phone too. Definitely my new addiction. I laid in bed last night reading posts!

Sue, do you need a routine procedure from the cardiologist? You may have to call around a bit but I bet you can find someone to work you in. idk about abq but there are hundreds of cardiologists in the Dallas area. If they know it's pre-op for a scheduled surgery, they'll work with you.

Agree with you Giselle - and when my sweet husband figures out I have this on my phone - he's gonna kick my butt! Lol. So much for quality time together!! Lol

I'm hoping for June sleeve also @ Forest Park with Dr. Victor Gonzales. I think a DFW support group is a great idea!!

I agree - we are all right here - I think we would make a great support group for each other. We need to figure out a day/time we can get together!!

FINALLY, a response from my surgery coordinator. She has not received any medical records. I called my first PCP from the last 10 years and their log shows the records were put in the mail Wed, probably picked up Thurs. YAY. The second PCP has only been my physician for the about last 18 months. Medical Records said request was in progress. I told her it was needed to schedule a surgery and she said they would go out today or tomorrow. I thanked her perfusely!!! I reported this to my coordinator who said she couldn't promise a June surgery with Dr. Kim, the spots are filling up fast. I told her that was fine. It sounded like I needed a miracle so that's what I'll be praying for.

If any June sleevers want to pray with me, I sure would appreciate it. I think it would be great to join you cool June Dallas Sleevers. :D Thanks all for "listening". You're the only people who even know I'm doing this so you're my new BFFs.

G.

Hi! Is anyone available to meet up one night this week? I'm free Wednesday - Friday. Is a weekday evening ok? I typically don't leave work until 6:00. If not, maybe over the weekend? I don't mind driving if we can find a place that is convenient for everyone. Let me know and we can set something up!

I can do Saturday afternoons - the rest of the time it's work work work for me! I would be thrilled to meet u,p :)

Sent from my iPad using VST

I actually live in abq:( but I'm happy we'll be able to use this website as support.

Quick question' date=' Dr. Kim's office just informed me that I need to see a cardiologist and get tests done. This is the first I've heard of this. What if I can't get an appt before my surgery??[/quote']

Did you call anyone yet? Call Dr. White down on fourth street. He's really good. If you tell them what's going on they might be able to get you in. I just love him!

Quick question' date=' Dr. Kim's office just informed me that I need to see a cardiologist and get tests done. This is the first I've heard of this. What if I can't get an appt before my surgery??[/quote']

Try Dr. White on fourth street. He's across from El Pinto. He is really awesome, I just love him! They may be able to squeeze you in. Tell them what's going on.

So I called his office and they told me that due to my age, they are going to waive the cardio lab work. I wonder if that is a good idea. I mean, I'm not 18. I hope this is normal. By the way, I finished my last final, and I would really like to grab that cup of coffee sometime early next week. I see that you've almost lost 60lbs! That is so wonderful, I am truly happy for you. How have you been feeling?

Hi Everyone! I just joined today =) I'm having my surgery July 10th, and I'm so excited I think I'm also driving my friends and family crazy with all my sleeve obsessing! My doctor is Dr. Davidson and my surgery will also be at Forest Park. I've been working on losing some weight before the surgery, hopefully 20 lbs. Anyone else having trouble with this? I'm trying to eat really healthy and I've been working out several days a week, but I'm always up and down between 5 lbs and haven't really seen any difference on the scale yet. I want to be as healthy as possible going into surgery. Any tips?