Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Weeks Not Much Success

Today marks 11 weeks. My loss is slower than a turtle and yet is going up and down too.????

My major issue is the acid reflux and heartburn. I'd hoped it would be gone by now. The dr says just keep trying new RX and OTC meds until one works. Ughhhhhh ????

I weigh on Monday's and today I'm up two pounds. I'm following diet and exercise and calorie suggestions but obviously need to do better. I've gained on other weeks too and then lost the same week.

It's All an emotional roller coaster. Even tho as of date im only -21lbs, I'm just trying to stay positive in looking towards a year from now and hope I'll meet my goal of -90lbs. (I know i know I'm in lala land-lol, but can dream right?)!!!!

It's a slow painful learning process but hopefully it'll all be worth it someday!!!

Hi Teambrown! Keep up the good work. It is helping, even if you don't see it on the scale. It also helps to keep a record of body measurements. Sometimes the scale is stubborn, but the inches are falling off!

As well, if you are exercising (and you are!) you are possibly losing fat, but replacing it with lean muscle. This means your scale might not change, but there is a change going on inside you (for the better!). Lean muscle is more dense than fat, and weight more. So if you lose fat, but replace it with muscle, your scale may say you've gained weight, but you've lost fat and become healthier!

It's very very hard not to compare yourself to others, as you can see from comments here in the forums. But in the end, this is your own, unique journey. Your progress will go at the pace your body decides.

Just stay on track, change up your exercise routine to prompt your body in to change, make sure you're getting at least 64 oz of fluids and lots of Protein. The weight will drop over time, and may come off in a bunch when you least expect it!

And with your being down 21 lbs in 11 weeks, you're still at basically 2 lbs / week loss, which is alot better than you were doing before you decided to have this surgery, no? Another positive to slower weight loss is that it gives your skin time to "catch up" and regain elasticity, so you're less likely to end up with saggy skin.

Look on the bright sides dear.........and just KEEP GOING!

Webchickadee is totally right. You have lost 21 lbs! That's really big. You might be a slow steady loser which is actually better that a fast loser. Sit back, follow the rules for the sleeve, and take in the scenery too? It's an amazing journey. ;)

teambrown4, I am right there with you! I am -20 at about the same time frame and soooo disappointed in my weightloss. I hate the fact that I am a slow loser and being a band revision patient it is really scaring me that I am going to fail at this too!

21 lbs is great! I know its hard to not get discouraged when others are losing faster. Try to keep in mind that it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. This is my mantra.

I had my surgery January 27th. Weeks 5-9, I didn't lose anything but inches. Infact, one week I'd gain 2 lbs, then the next I'd lose that 2 lbs. It went like that for almost 5 weeks. Then I dropped 4 lbs.

Just try to keep on keeping on and you will get there. :)

Don't be discouraged, that is almost 2 lbs a week, probably way better that you would have done right? I think the slower we lose, the less flabby skin so dont fret, it will all fall into place :D