Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I started my jorney with Kaiser for the 2nd time ( the first time they required options classes for 24 weeks) In Feb. I did not wait for my PCP to submit the refferal, I called the Health Ed and preventive medicine dept in Riverside and got scheduled for the orientation. The orientatation was on Feb 2nd. I recieved a call that following Tuesday asking If I can start the classes on Feb 10th ( I think it was that soon because I choose the morning for classes) .

So I started my first Option class on Feb 10th, and finished on April 27th. During the classes they do tell you who you will be having surgery with, but do not go over the surgeons requirements. So for Riverside Kaiser they use Dr. David Suh. Dr Suh requires that you attend his bariatric seminar, pre op seminar, psych eval, and one support group. I found out this information by going to his website, so I attended the seminar, and I asked Dr Suh, can kaiser do the psych evaluation, and he said Yes. So I did my psych evaluation through Kaiser, just do get it out of the way. When the evaluation is done at Kaiser, you have to sign a Release of Authorzation form( request this at the time of visit)

About the 5th class we were advised to get our physicals, if we had not had them in the past 6 months, before the 6 class I recieved a letter from Dr Provonsha stating that he submitted orders for my lab work ups, ekg, stool test, and chest xray ( since I had my gallbladder removed i did not have to do a ultrasound).

Since all classes and orders have been completed, now l am able to schedule a Medical Interview Appointment. The letter from Dr Provonsha's office stated that once everything was completed to wait 2 weeks then make a appointment with Dr Provonsha. Since I knew all my test came back and was ready for review, I called as soon as my last class was over. I was told the sooniest avail appt with Dr Provonsha was June 19th!! The person I spoke with, not once said I can schedule my interview with another dr. smdh... I am saying this to say ask questions, if i would havd settled for this answer, then i would be waiting for June 19th to complete my next step.

My appointment is on May 2nd, and hopefully my refferal gets put in. Dr suh says that surgery is being scheduled almost a month from consultation. I am hoping that I can have my surgery Mid June, If not July is good too!!! This process so far with Kaiser has been a quick one, people that i know that has had thier sleeve done with Kaiser this year, from start to finish it is about 5 months!!!

I'll just chime in to tell you that if you are having your surgery with Dr. Suh you are in amazing hands! He is one of the top bariatric surgeons in the country and has an excellent reputation in the field. He was not my surgeon but partners with my surgeon (Dr. Benjamin Leong) quite often. Best wishes to you.

Thickiest, I check in with Dr. P every three months, as he is tracking me post-op. Kaiser is data-collecting, I guess. Congratulations!

Good luck w/ everything.

Ok...met with the dr on may 2nd...n due to me retaining Water when on my menstrual, he told me everything was good and 2 come back n a week to do a weight check. So I went in today, and those xtra 7 lbs were gone so he submitted my referral !!!

Now my question is, how long does it take from the time the referral is submitted to get approved? ??

Just curious cause everyone, even the Dr. called this part the waiting game.

Ok...met with the dr on may 2nd...n due to me retaining Water when on my menstrual' date=' he told me everything was good and 2 come back n a week to do a weight check. So I went in today, and those xtra 7 lbs were gone so he submitted my referral !!!

Now my question is, how long does it take from the time the referral is submitted to get approved? ??

Just curious cause everyone, even the Dr. called this part the waiting game.[/quote']

Thickest- what Kaiser are you going through?

Hi everyone!!!

I'm just starting my journey. I saw my PCP on May 31, 2012 and a week later got a call to set up orientation so I have orientation this Friday June 22, 2012. Ive read ALOT about Fontana taking a long time to get the surgery done and that makes me a little discouraged but im hoping its wrong and Ill be ready for surgery within a few months :) I will Be sure to keep my story updated as I go along with the process :)

May 31, 2012 - PCP appointment & Referral Sent

June 22, 2012 - Orientation at Kaiser, Fontana CA

Hi everyone!!!

I'm just starting my journey. I saw my PCP on May 31' date=' 2012 and a week later got a call to set up orientation so I have orientation this Friday June 22, 2012. Ive read ALOT about Fontana taking a long time to get the surgery done and that makes me a little discouraged but im hoping its wrong and Ill be ready for surgery within a few months :) I will Be sure to keep my story updated as I go along with the process :)

June 22, 2012 - Orientation at Kaiser, Fontana CA[/quote']

Welcome..n congrats on starting ur jorney...it will be more than a few months...unfortunately ...with kp ur classes are 12 weeks...then after that it is a waiting game...i have kp out of riverside...i started classes feb 10th and i will be having surgery sometime in July...maybe early August...i will find out 4 sure on the 28th...so from start to finish 5 to 6 months...Good luck on ur journey

Hello

Does Kaiser Fontana give an outsourced referral to another surgery center. I went through Kaiser Bellflower and had the option to pick Pacific Bariatric in San Diego. You may want to check that as an option. I also had to go to San Diego and see the surgeon, do psych eval, physical with another doctor. This was all completed the same day. My whole process was a year from February 2010 being referred to Options class from June to September. October I was in San Diego for the psych eval, etc... After that I was scheduled for surgery in February 2011. In my area with Kaiser there was a 8 to 10 month wait after options class. And Of course, I didn't want to wait that long. If you want you can go to www.pacificbariatric.com and check out info. My surgeon is Dr. Janos Taller and he is not only good looking, but a really good caring person and explained everything. Dr. Tanaka is good also. He had to release me from the hospital, because Dr. Taller had an emergency.

Krys

Hi everyone!!!

I'm just starting my journey. I saw my PCP on May 31, 2012 and a week later got a call to set up orientation so I have orientation this Friday June 22, 2012. Ive read ALOT about Fontana taking a long time to get the surgery done and that makes me a little discouraged but im hoping its wrong and Ill be ready for surgery within a few months :) I will Be sure to keep my story updated as I go along with the process :)

June 22, 2012 - Orientation at Kaiser, Fontana CA

That's a great start to finish. I think what it is, is Fontana may not have as many patients as Bellflower, West L.A. and Harbor City. And be happy you are not living up North, I hear they are worst and even more strict about having this procedure.

Krys

Welcome..n congrats on starting ur jorney...it will be more than a few months...unfortunately ...with kp ur classes are 12 weeks...then after that it is a waiting game...i have kp out of riverside...i started classes feb 10th and i will be having surgery sometime in July...maybe early August...i will find out 4 sure on the 28th...so from start to finish 5 to 6 months...Good luck on ur journey

I went through Fontana. I started classes on January 10th, finished on March 27th. Right now they are giving us the option of having our surgery at other Kaiser facilities because of the wait time. I opted to go to kaiser West la. I will be having my first consult with the surgeon this coming Friday. Hopefully after that, the process will fly and I will have my surgey late July/ early August. I'm praying for July. Good luck to you on your journey!! :)

That's a great start to finish. I think what it is' date=' is Fontana may not have as many patients as Bellflower, West L.A. and Harbor City. And be happy you are not living up North, I hear they are worst and even more strict about having this procedure.

Krys

[/quote']

Kaiser Riverside sends u to a doctor outside of kp...our options are dr suh in murrieta...n where u had ur surgery ...I know harbor city allows u to choose ur dr. Even if u choose within kp...the timeframe now is about 5 months. I know a couple of people that went thru kp harbor city and that was their timeframe...I do know fontana is a lil different.

I went through Fontana. I started classes on January 10th' date=' finished on March 27th. Right now they are giving us the option of having our surgery at other Kaiser facilities because of the wait time. I opted to go to kaiser West la. I will be having my first consult with the surgeon this coming Friday. Hopefully after that, the process will fly and I will have my surgey late July/ early August. I'm praying for July. Good luck to you on your journey!! :)[/quote']

Thats good!!! At least they are trying to speed the process up. I finished April 27th..n we are about at the same process.

So u should have ur surgery sometime next month!! Good luck!