Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whippledaddy Has Passed Away

I too am very saddened by this news. Ryan was an incredible man. He had nothing but kindness and love towards all. He deeply loved and treasured his wife Patty. His posts here were always such a delight to read. He had a way with wotrds like no other I have ever known. He will be missed. To you Patty, you are in my thoughts, I am so sorry for your loss. Ryan was a great man.

Though I never knew Ryan, reading his posts brings me to tears. As Mousecrazy pointed out, Ryan is an artist of words.

This forum has also brought me friendship and support. Thank you to everyone!

And hugs and prayers to Ryan's friends and family!

I wept when I heard about Ryan's upcoming battle with Cancer. It is such an ugly disease, and someone with so much beauty in his heart should not be subjected to that.

I hope that Ryan's family can take some comfort in the fact that he was spared any of the torments of ongoing cancer treatment. All my best wishes to them and I hope they know what a blessing "Whippledaddy" has been to all of us.

Love and Hugs.

Can anyone else picture Ryan and Blossom dancing in their skinny bodies smiling down on us from heaven? I know that they have both been on my mind all day. Ryan will be missed but at least he had the warm smile and open arms of Blossom welcoming him to the great beyond....~Mandy

Can anyone else picture Ryan and Blossom dancing in their skinny bodies smiling down on us from heaven? I know that they have both been on my mind all day. Ryan will be missed but at least he had the warm smile and open arms of Blossom welcoming him to the great beyond....~Mandy

ohmy... :think :cry :cry... that makes me tear up! But, yes, yes, I can see it... two awesome souls indeed. .. Thank you for that visual. :hug: :welcome2:

I'd only just started to get to know Ryan through his posts, and already loved his eloquence and deep insights.

I thought when he wrote that last post, wow - that guy really knows where he's been, and why. And I hoped that someday I might come to similar self-realisations about my own struggle with obestity as Ryan obviously had about his.

Now as I reread his post, his words ring out:

It was him or me.

At that moment I chose......me. Life. I chose to change, to fight until the end.

He fought a valiant fight to keep and better his life.

God bless Ryan, Patty and his extended family and friends. He now flies with the Lord in Paradise.

I will always remember Ryan as someone with a unique way of looking at things....at life. He will always be remembered for this......may he rest in peace......and in his dreams forever.

I never knew the hardship that Ryan faced with all of his health issues.

Maybe that is why his wonderful way of wordings things touched all of us in an unique and positive way. I have said a prayer of peace & understanding for his wife & family. I am thankful that his passing was peaceful and pray always that his spirit fills his families heart everyday.

He will be missed and his kind ways never forgotten.

Rest in Peace Ryan:angel:

I'm in shock.

Sending prayers for his family and dear friends.

Every time I smell Honeysuckle, I will think of him.

I am so sorry to read this news. Whippledaddy welcomed me to this board and I always looked forward to his posts, they were special as he is special. My sympathy to all his loved ones and his friends. He will be missed.