Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whippledaddy Has Passed Away

Heartbreaking... Patty, my heart goes out to you. I couldn't imagine a love greater than the love Ryan had for you.

Ryan was a man who touched lives, and the beauty of his thoughts, writing, and very soul are rarely found on this earth.

I count myself blessed to have had my life touched by such a wonderful person. Ryan, you are much loved and will be sorely missed by all who knew you.

Im am very sad to hear this news. Ryan and his words were very inspirational to me and so many other on here. My prayers and thoughts go out to Patty and the family.

DOnali,

I am so sorry to hear this happened. Please offer my condolences to his family. He will be missed.

Babs in TX

When Ryan was at a very hard time in his life he had this to say about the great people at LBT and I think this is 150% true of Ryan too, he was a wonderful person. :

But most of my tears were tears of wonder, tears of joy. My heart swelled at the flood of support here. The well wishes you all have written have such a healing power. My cheeks are wet as I write this, my head aches, and my nose is plugged, from weeping. Thank you. Thank God for all of you.

I think about giving up a thousand times a day. But I always find a reason to go on. I love my wife, is the most important reason, but your support is a close second. I can find no words, no eloquence to properly tell you how I feel, how grateful I am for you all. But let me say just this: If my lapband were a total failure, if the surgery and all the testing beforehand turned out for nothing, still this would have been the best experience of my life. Because I found this cyber place, and I found all of you. People who know the fear and shame of obesity. People who know how to empathize, people who understand how to care.

I feel I am the recipient of a miracle. And the miracle is you.

I will carry your words with me on the road, and I will be comforted.

I am sad to say I did not know Ryan since joing lbt but my prayers will be for him and his family. He sounds like a wonderful person who gave of himself to help others - a man who struggled with a 'demon' we all know too well and who left us too soon. I believe he is resting in peace, no longer in any pain and reunited with his beloved pet and friends and family in a place we will all know one day. Love and Hugs to his wife, family and friends.

Like the others, I am deeply saddened by the loss of Ryan. My prayers go out to Patty for peace and strength. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him. I know his thoughtful writings deeply touched all of us. While he often thanked those of us here for the support we offered him, I wonder if he knew how much he gave all of us? He was a truly special man. Thank you Greg for letting us know.

OMG does this break my heart. :unlove:

Patty and family I am so sorry. May the Good Lord comfort you at this time. You are all in my prayers and please find comfort in knowing that Ryan was very much loved here. We will never forget him and may he rest in peace.

We will miss you Ryan *Whippledaddy* you always made me smile :rolleyes:

Love, Hugs and Kisses Eileen

Thank you Greg !!

God's speed, Whippledaddy. God's speed.

I know Mr. Whipple was there to meet you and what a joyous reunion it was!

We exchanged a few posts about writing...he, a WRITER, and me, an English teacher with a respect for those who can string words together into a sum greater than their parts. An art. He was an artist, pure and simple.

That this art was packaged in a man who loved his wife with a devotion and commitment not often found, and a person who was so generous with his knowledge and advice to those who sought wisdom here on LBT, well, that was a blessing from God himself.

I pray for God's comfort for all who bear his loss. I am very sad that he is gone from this earth, and very happy to have known him, even a little.

Ryan's posts were some of the very first I read right after joining the board six months ago. My heart goes out to his friends and family. This is sad news indeed. His posts are really inspiring and helpful and so wonderfully written. His memory will live on forever.

I never had the pleasure of getting to know Ryan, as I am new to this website. My heartfelt prayers, thoughts and condolences go out to his wife and family at this difficult time. It was apparent that he was a pretty terrific guy!

Rachel

I don't even know what to say that has not already been said.

Sad, very sad day

I will pray for the soul of our friend whippledaddy and for the family he has left behind

I'm Enlightened all over again. I felt like him as I read his last post. Very sad and dark place to be, right before the decision to be banded.

My deepest condolences to that family.