Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have Any Of You Eaten Solid Food Before You Were Supposed To?

Oops I'm letting it rest now! Sorry :)

Resting.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

This posting has been high jacked......

I believe that everyone here is concerned for the OP and the many complications that may come about from eating the wrong foods so soon after having this major surgery on the stomach. I believe that IGGY was trying to wake up the OP to the fact that she is putting great risk on her life. She talked about her feelings which I feel is appropriate and later clarified where she was coming from. I hope that everyone can let this go now and wish each other peace and harmony. This is a community that is loving and caring and devote their time to helping others as well as learning from others too.

To the OP, please talk with your surgeon about your diet and be careful. We care about you and want you to heal quickly. :ph34r:

OTR :)

You're a moderator! I just noticed in your title :)

You're amazing here on the boards!

That's awesome!!

Yep!! I must agree, I'm always thankful for O.T.R.'s posts and responses!! I did not realize you're a moderator O.T.R.....have I always missed it or is it a new promotion? :)

~Dana

Yep!! I must agree' date=' I'm always thankful for O.T.R.'s posts and responses!! I did not realize you're a moderator O.T.R.....have I always missed it or is it a new promotion? :)

~Dana[/quote']

It's quite recent

Tell me the pay is fabulous :P

My only comment is this original OP posted in April 2012. It does not even look like they ever responded. We have started something back up and the original posters(including the last one in April) aren't even around anymore. I wonder how they have faired with their surgeries?

My only comment is this original OP posted in April 2012. It does not even look like they ever responded. We have started something back up and the original posters(including the last one in April) aren't even around anymore. I wonder how they have faired with their surgeries?

LOL Gad I didn't even notice the date!!! Obviously I was asleep when I posted heh heh

I believe most people were answering pepples555's post.

-__-

I wonder about the original poster as well and some after.

My dr only put me on a week with liquids and then 3 weeks with soft-purer foods, I'm still on the second week of the purée stage. The only thing is that they only let me eat Soups with chicken and boiled vegetable for example. I've been reading post and websites in the US (I'm from Chile) to see what other things I can eat otherwise is barely tolerable for that long! So I've tried refreshing beens, chicken salad(mayo, chicken and yogurt ) also crab salad (same as before with crab) So far everything has been ok. I still need to wait until September to eat solids! I'm looking forward that phase!

I had my surgery last Wednesday, I've started on full liquids, I wanted a cookie so bad, I decided to eat 1 nothing happened, but I won't do it again, I am going to follow my doctor's orders, and do the right thing, I don't want to develop a leak, I have already lost 15lbs, I came to for to mess up, I chewed that cookie until it was Water, I love to eat ice and I been drinking everything sugar free, and I drink water all day, praying 🙏 for all of us.

Edited by MargieP